2018/2019 Lineup Thread

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
The small part of JRs article I could read mentioned Armstrong personally met with him to discuss his role. I doubt it was to tell Maroon he’d be on the 4th line.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I'm just not seeing how you fit all these players into a lineup AND sign Maroon who isn't going to play 4th line minutes. Someone has to go. Maybe Army thinks this is a go for it year and Kyrou plays in SA and Thomas is sent back to juniors? I'd rather have Thomas in juniors than to play on the fourth line for 8 minutes a night with Jaskin and Sosh. Way to wreck a kids progression.

If they send Thomas to juniors, he isn't eligible to play at all this year with the Blues until his junior season is over correct?

I guess I'd go with

Schwartz Schenn Perron
Maroon ROR Tarasenko
Fabbri Bozak Steen
Jaskin Barbashev Soshnikov

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
I'm just not seeing how you fit all these players into a lineup AND sign Maroon who isn't going to play 4th line minutes. Someone has to go. Maybe Army thinks this is a go for it year and Kyrou plays in SA and Thomas is sent back to juniors? I'd rather have Thomas in juniors than to play on the fourth line for 8 minutes a night with Jaskin and Sosh. Way to wreck a kids progression.

If they send Thomas to juniors, he isn't eligible to play at all this year with the Blues until his junior season is over correct?

I guess I'd go with

Schwartz Schenn Perron
Maroon ROR Tarasenko
Fabbri Bozak Steen
Jaskin Barbashev Soshnikov
This seems like a weaker lineup than with Thomas to me. I really feel as if Maroon signs we are looking at a revolving carousel at 2/3/4LW. Where Fabbri gets favorable sheltered minutes with the 2nd line and Steen takes the tough minutes and Maroon fills the gaps

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Is it really that had to comprehend the idea of running 4 lines more evenly then having a typical 4th line role? All Armstrong would have to do to sell me on the idea is have him point to Vegas last year and say "We are gonna do that with better players"

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Is it really that had to comprehend the idea of running 4 lines more evenly then having a typical 4th line role? All Armstrong would have to do to sell me on the idea is have him point to Vegas last year and say "We are gonna do that with better players"

Straight up my line of thinking as well. Plus with how injury prone some of our players are, he’ll get plenty of top 9 time. If Kyrou has a great camp, I’d roll this and not worry about matching up with other teams, and have them try and match us instead.

Fabbri-O’Reilly-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou
Steen-Bozak-Perron
Maroon-Thomas-Soshnikov
Barbashev, Jaskin

Edmundson-Pietrangelo
Dunn-Parayko
Bouwmeester-Schmaltz
Bortuzzo

Allen
Johnson/Husso

That’s a cup contender and it’s not even arguable. Allen will have a bounce back year.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Thomas will be on the team. That shouldn’t be a concern.

This is an absolute cup contender. Allen would have to really suck to f*** it up for us.

Yeo is going to have a ton of options to mix and match and find the right fits. It’s like the Capitals putting Tom Wilson on their 1st line. It worked.

Reactions: CaliBlues710

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Straight up my line of thinking as well. Plus with how injury prone some of our players are, he’ll get plenty of top 9 time. If Kyrou has a great camp, I’d roll this and not worry about matching up with other teams, and have them try and match us instead.

Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou
Steen-Bozak-Perron
Maroon-Thomas-Soshnikov
Barbashev, Jaskin

Edmundson-Pietrangelo
Dunn-Parayko
Bouwmeester-Schmaltz
Bortuzzo

Allen
Johnson/Husso

That’s a cup contender and it’s not even arguable. Allen will have a bounce back year.
These are my dream lines

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Assuming we sign Maroon and everyone is healthy to start the season, it basically comes down 3 spots (plus 1-2 healthy scratch spots) for Jaskin, Thomas, Sanford, Barbashev, Sosh, and Kyrou.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis

Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou
Steen-Bozak-Perron
Maroon-Thomas-Soshnikov
Barbashev, Jaskin

Edmundson-Pietrangelo
Dunn-Parayko
Bouwmeester-Schmaltz
Bortuzzo

Allen
Johnson/Husso

its-beautiful-gifs

I hope this is how it shakes out too. Can't believe that this could be my team.

Reactions: CaliBlues710

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I wouldn't be pencilling Kyrou into top 2 lines. They're gonna make him earn it. Wouldn't hurt him to go down to SA to start if he doesn't blow everyone away in camp. Think DA would like to see him and Kostin dominating AHL before they get handed NHL spots.

Reactions: shmotz

RR10

Jul 2, 2018
We are a cup contender next season if Thomas and Kyrou have an impact similar to what Fabbri had in his rookie year and Allen plays at his best. If we are going to be chickens and play Maroon, Jaskin etc instead then it will be a first round exit.

Last edited:

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
We are a cup contender next season if Thomas and Kyrou have an impact similar to what Fabbri had in his rookie year and Allen plays at his best. If we are going to be chickens and play Maroon, Jaskin etc instead then it will be a first round exit.
Would love for Thomas and Kyrou to have impact and Allen to play well, but Maroon's team won at least 1 round 3 of the 4 times he has been in playoffs and Jaskin's teams have won 3 rounds in his 3 years in playoffs. Not seeing how playing them would lead to early exit.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Would love for Thomas and Kyrou to have impact and Allen to play well, but Maroon's team won at least 1 round 3 of the 4 times he has been in playoffs and Jaskin's teams have won 3 rounds in his 3 years in playoffs. Not seeing how playing them would lead to early exit.
Not sure what specifically Maroon or Jaskin have anything to do with their team's success in the playoffs. It's not a good or even accurate correlation that the teams won when they were in the lineup, unless you have evidence for that. I also don't agree that putting them in would lead to an early exit.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Not sure what specifically Maroon or Jaskin have anything to do with their team's success in the playoffs. It's not a good or even accurate correlation that the teams won when they were in the lineup, unless you have evidence for that. I also don't agree that putting them in would lead to an early exit.
Not saying those 2 guarantee success, just objecting to silly notion that they guarantee early exit.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou
Steen-Bozak-Perron
Maroon-Thomas-Soshnikov
Barbashev, Jaskin

Edmundson-Pietrangelo
Dunn-Parayko
Bouwmeester-Schmaltz
Bortuzzo

Allen
Johnson/Husso

Pretty close to mine but I like Jaskin over Soshnikov. I think Jaskin is starting to pick it up.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
I like

Fabbri Schenn Tarasenko
Schwartz O'Reilly Kyrou
Steen Thomas Perron
Maroon Bozak Nolan

Barbashev Jaskin

RR10

Jul 2, 2018
Not seeing how playing them would lead to early exit.
I meant that it's wrong to play them higher up in the lineup in productive roles. I'd like Jaskin and Maroon on the 4th line at best. Maroon could fill up on 3rd with injuries.

I also agree with Robb and Novacain that we should play Thomas at his natural position in the middle and have Bozak on his wing.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I'd try this to start (assuming Fabbri is and stays healthy:
Fabbri O'Reilly Tarasenko
Schwartz Schenn Perron
Steen Thomas Bozak
Soshnikov Barbashev Jaskin

Later, Kyrou may replace Bozak at 3rd Line RW, moving Bozak to fill in for injured players and 4th Line centre. But, of course, The Blues wouldn't want to insult him by playing him on Line 4, so he might go to 3rd Line centre, and Thomas might be moved up or down, depending upon who is injured or needs rest. If Maroon is signed, and Fabbri and Schwartz stay healthy, Kyrou may not be called up, and Thomas may get less ice time.

But, maybe The Blues will try 4 scoring lines, with the bottom 2 getting 12-13 minutes, and top 2 being well rested.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Random line generator would be fine at this point. If it were up to me, I'd want Perron on LW, Thomas at RW and defense on every line. Opening night:

Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Perron-ROR-Fabbri
Steen-Bozak-Thomas
Maroon-Barbs-Jaskin/Soshnikov

Eddy-Petro
Dunn-Parayko
Gunnarmeester-Schmaltuzzo

Johnson
Allen

I hesitate to split the JBot from Parayko, if he's going to be on the roster and play. He kind of sucks with everyone else, and stats seemed to indicate that alongside Parayko was the only place to hide him. Hopefully with the power up-front and the possession ability of all-four lines that there won't be as much pressure on the D and G to play shut-out hockey. Too often the Blues were expected to win 2-1, 2-0 or 1-0, because they couldn't score more than one goal regularly. The D-pairing might suddenly start looking a lot more productive if the offense can kick out an extra .8 - 1.0 goals/game...which isn't out of the realm of possibility. May be a good 'stats' year for plus-minus and assists, fantasy-players.

just realized we have a lot of guys with 'Z' in their names...even after the loss of Brodziak. Wonder if '4' is a league-high.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If we sign Maroon, I think we start Thomas out like we started Schwartz on the 4th. Honestly, I don't have a problem with that. He can develop his 2-way skills first without the pressure of scoring points.

Last edited:

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Our depth chart looks like this if we sign Maroon (not considering upside, this is more about who is closest/most trusted today):

LW:
Schwartz, Steen, Maroon, Fabbri, Sanford, Blais, Nolan, Foley, LaLeggia, Bokk, McGing

C:
O’Reilly, Schenn, Bozak, Thomas, Barbashev, Sundqvist, Stevens, Flynn, Musil

RW:
Tarasenko, Perron, Jaskin, Soshnikov, Kyrou, Kostin, Thorburn, Laferriere

LD:
Bouwmeester, Edmundson, Dunn, Gunnarsson, Wotherspoon, Mikkola, Walman, Butler, Lindbohm, Sergeev, Perunovich, Tucker, Andersson

RD:
Pietrangelo, Parayko, Bortuzzo, Schmaltz, Reinke

G:
Allen, Johnson, Husso, Binnington, Fitzpatrick, Opilka, Hofer

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad