2018/2019 Lineup Thread

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
My only issue is

Don’t want to move ROR, Schenn or Thomas from center and I don’t know if Bozak can play RW.

Driveshaft

Jan 9, 2014
St. Louis
Schwartz-Tavares-Tarasenko
Steen-Schenn-Perron
Fabbri-ROR-Bozak
Soshnikov-Thomas-Jaskin

Eddy-Petro
Dunn-Parayko
Bouwmeester-Bortuzzo

Allen
Johnson/Husso

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
All I care is Schwartz and Schenn sticks as duo. ROR is NHL best FO guy (over 60% FO%) so he will play Center position. Bozak is 55% at faceoffs so he'll also stay at center position. You build lineup around them.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Is Thomas ready for Center position, good at FO's? Barbashev is poor at faceoffs.

Well, if i am trying to develop Thomas into an elite center and potential #1 type, why would I start his development on RW?

Reactions: Blueston

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Didn't we try it for Fabbri? Btw did Fabbri played junior time center position?

It’s possible I guess, but id still rather Thomas start and remain at center. Wondering if centering the 4th line to start the season would be a good idea?

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
It’s possible I guess, but id still rather Thomas start and remain at center. Wondering if centering the 4th line to start the season would be a good idea?
I'd hate for Thomas to be getting 4th line minutes, playing with 4th line talent. Schenn would go to RW before that happens.

Perron - ROR - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Bozak - Schenn
Steen - Thomas - Fabbri
Jaskin - Barbashev - Soshnikov

For what it's worth, I don't see faceoffs being an issue unless Thomas has issues winning them at the NHL level. He had a 57.2% FO% last year FWIW. Schenn was a tad under .500 at 48%, but I'm guessing that's an area they have him work on now that he's solidified himself as a top 6 center, and who better to practice against than Ryan O'Reilly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranksu

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'd hate for Thomas to be getting 4th line minutes, playing with 4th line talent. Schenn would go to RW before that happens.

Perron - ROR - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Bozak - Schenn
Steen - Thomas - Fabbri
Jaskin - Barbashev - Soshnikov

For what it's worth, I don't see faceoffs being an issue unless Thomas has issues winning them at the NHL level. He had a 57.2% FO% last year FWIW. Schenn was a tad under .500 at 48%, but I'm guessing that's an area they have him work on now that he's solidified himself as a top 6 center, and who better to practice against than Ryan O'Reilly.

Damn that group would have been great If Brodziak would Be our 4th line Center. I Don't believe Barbashev is NHL level player. Or good fit on 4th line.

1mill.$ was Price of Brodziak and we didn't keep him. He was beast last season.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
As someone who thinks Fabbri will be just fine, these are my go-to starting lines. Spread out the talent.

Fabbri-O’Reilly-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Perron
Steen-Thomas-Bozak
Jaskin-Barbashev-Soshnikov

If Kyrou has a monster camp, I wouldn’t be surprised if we went with a pure matchup nightmare lineup.

Fabbri-O’Reilly-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou
Steen-Bozak-Perron
Barbashev-Thomas-Soshnikov

Reactions: shmotz

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
You guys are missing the obvious solution of Bozak on Thomas's wing, but Bozak taking the draws.
Bozak take defensive draws and Thomas take the others to get him accustomed to taking faceoffs at the NHL level.

And I think some people are underrating Thomas' defensive game just because he plays an exciting offensive game.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Schwartz-Schenn-Perron/Kyrou
Fabbri-O'Reilly-Tarasenko
Steen-Thomas-Bozak

Comes down to Perron vs. Kyrou on Schwartz/Schenn's wing if we go with this top-9 scenario.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Fabbri-Bozak-Tarasenko (Lots of Ozone face-offs)
Schwartz-ROR-Schenn (Although unrealistic, I just wanna see what these 3 could do together)
Steen-Thomas-Perron (Put the rookie with proven Vets)

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
17/10/57
15/90/91
20/42/36
23/49/86

6-27
29-55
4-43

*41-39(I think Reinke makes it out of camp)

Allen
Johnson

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
I'm going to do two sets of lines. The first one will be to start the season. The second set will be at the halfway point. I think Gunnarsson will be moved for a draft pick to a team needing defense help. Thomas will split draws with Schenn on the second line and be taking over more of the defense side of center.

Start of Season:

Perron O'Reilly Tarasenko
Schwartz Schenn Thomas
Steen Bozak Fabbri
Jaskin Barbashev Soshnikov
EXT: Thorburn

Edmundson Pietrangelo
Dunn Parayko
Bouwmeester Bortuzzo
EXT: Gunnarsson Schmaltz

Allen
EXT: Johnson

Halfway Point:

Fabbri O'Reilly Tarasenko
Schwartz Thomas Schenn
Steen Bozak Perron
Foley Barbashev Soshnikov
EXT: Thorburn, Jaskin

Edmundson Pietrangelo
Dunn Parayko
Bouwmeester Schmaltz
EXT: Bortuzzo

Allen
EXT: Johnson

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Jordan Nolan only plays physical when he wants to; which is unfortunate because that's the one thing he excels at. Hopefully for you guys he ends up in the minors.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
Jordan Nolan only plays physical when he wants to; which is unfortunate because that's the one thing he excels at. Hopefully for you guys he ends up in the minors.

I think it's a depth signing. He'll be down with AHL club to start the season and come up if there's multiple injuries or they Blues can find a way to move Thorburn.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I think it's a depth signing. He'll be down with AHL club to start the season and come up if there's multiple injuries or they Blues can find a way to move Thorburn.
I like to classify Nolan as a heavy-weight pest which is a rare combo. Unlike guys like Roussel and Rinaldo he can actually back his shit up when the time comes.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
we could use a random line generator at this point and come out with 4 solid forward lines. Seriously:

O'Reilly-Fabbri-Steen
Tarasenko-Schenn-Soshnikov
Perron-Thomas-Jaskin
Bozak-Schwartz-Barbashev

...it might not be what you'd expect...but it likely would be good enough to win games on talent alone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad