Jaskin Barbashev Soshnikov

Edmundson Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester Parayko
Dunn Bortuzzo/Gunnarson

Allen
Husso/Johnson

-Also just going off a potential line up by December that Doug mentioned

Schwartz Schenn Perron
O'Reilly Thomas Tarasenko (ROR takes draws)
Steen Bozak Fabbri/Kyrou
Jaskin Barbashev Soshnikov

Edmundson Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester Parayko
Dunn Bortuzzo/Gunnarson

Allen
Husso/Johnson

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
One thing i will say....is that personally, i feel that Perron is a much more effective player on his off hand, he makes a lot of plays protecting the puck and escaping pressure (talking offensive zone) and when he's able to do that on the left side, due to being a righty, it's easier to make a play for him, or get into the good ice and create a chance etc....

Obvi, with how our team is constructed right now he'll probably be on the right side, but in a perfect world, personally i'd prefer him on the left.

Last edited:

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Never going to happen, but I'll give it a poke...

Opening Night:
57-90-91
17-10-49
20-42-23
15-36-33
86, 70 extra (22 traded or in S.A.)

6-27
4-55
19-43
41 extra (4 traded or in S.A.)

31/35

By January:
15-90-91
17-10-57
20-36-42
23-49-33

Ds and Gs stay the same

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
The more I think about it, the more I think Fabbri will be the RW for Schwartz/Schenn. Perron is better on LW than the RW and I think his 66 point season in Vegas has at least earned him the chance to try and repeat a 60 point season by playing LW on a top 6 line. I don't think he's a 60 point player, but I'd give him the chance to prove me wrong. If it isn't working 20ish games into the season, then move him to RW again and chalk up his Vegas success as a fluke. Riding shotgun to the Schwartz/Schenn show isn't the worst place to let Fabbri re-acclimate to NHL hockey. Those two showed last year that they could produce with basically anyone on their RW and they didn't get a lot of tough defensive minutes. I think our top 6 will look like this:

Schwartz-Schenn-Fabbri
Perron-ROR-Tarasenko

Even if Fabbri isn't what he once was, that top 6 has a very real chance of producing five 55+ point players with a couple of them topping 70 points. If Perron doesn't excel on that line, you could swap him and Fabbri, or give him Fabbri's RW slot, slide Fabbri to the 3rd line and plug Steen on ROR's wing.

One thing is clear. We have tons of options. At the end of the day, our lines will very likely come down to who has chemistry with who. Camp is going to be fun this year.

Reactions: shmotz

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I have 6 lineups in mind....

The opening night Lineup:

Schwartz-Schenn-Senko
Fabbri-ROR-Perron
Steen-Bozak-Thomas
Barbashev-Sundqvist-Soshnikov

Eddy-Petro
Dunn-parayko
Mikkola(until gunnar/jaybo are healthy)- Bortuzzo

Allen
Johnson

The Holy crap Thomas is sick Lineup:

ROR-Thomas-Senko
Schwartz-Schenn-Perron
Fabbri-Bozak-Steen
The rest the same

The Holy crap Fabbri is BACK lineup:

Fabbri-ROR-Senko
Schwartz-Schenn-Perron
Steen-Bozak-Thomas
The rest the same

Will edit and post the others later...gotta go lol....but they are called the "Holy crap fabbri and thomas are lighting it up Lineup", the "Kyrou isn't letting us send him down lineup" and the hopeful "WTF Fabbri, thomas and kyrou are all nasty lineup what do we do with this depth lineup, because we are stupidly good"

Reactions: Balloon

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
So we just signed Jordan Nolan who hasn’t played in the AHL in like 7 years, so I’m guessing he’ll at least be competing for an opening night spot. We don’t have very many true bottom six guys on the roster so I guess it might be alright to have some experience sans depth there as well.

Reactions: STLBLUES44

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.

Schwartz-Schenn-Senko
Fabbri-ROR-Perron
Steen-Bozak-Thomas

Eddy-Petro
Dunn-parayko

Allen
Johnson

ROR-Thomas-Senko
Schwartz-Schenn-Perron
Fabbri-Bozak-Steen
The rest the same

Fabbri-ROR-Senko
Schwartz-Schenn-Perron
Steen-Bozak-Thomas
The rest the same

Will edit and post the others later...gotta go lol....but they are called the "Holy crap fabbri and thomas are lighting it up Lineup", the "Kyrou isn't letting us send him down lineup" and the hopeful "WTF Fabbri, thomas and kyrou are all nasty lineup what do we do with this depth lineup, because we are stupidly good"

So I just keep getting the feeling that we’re gonna dump Gunnar and sign Maroon on a cheap deal as insurance for Fabbri...and now I present to you the: Everything went to plan, and we have too many top 9 forwards have fun lol lineup.

Fabbri-O’Reilly-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Thomas
Steen-Bozak-Kyrou
Maroon-Barbashev-Perron

I originally had Thomas and Fabbri swapped w/ROR at LW, but I wanted a RHS on every line.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
So I just keep getting the feeling that we’re gonna dump Gunnar and sign Maroon on a cheap deal as insurance for Fabbri...and now I present to you the: Everything went to plan, and we have too many top 9 forwards have fun lol lineup.

Schwartz-Schenn-Thomas
Steen-Bozak-Kyrou
Maroon-Barbashev-Perron

I originally had Thomas and Fabbri swapped w/ROR at LW, but I wanted a RHS on every line.
How would you distribute minutes with this beast?

18-17-13-12?

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
How would you distribute minutes with this beast?

I feel like it would be a game by game basis, with things like special teams, injuries, game situation etc. evening things out.

I feel like if you took some of the players that you think would be upset aside, they’d all be okay with it because they want to win.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
One can DREAM

Schwartz (60+ pts) Schenn (60+ pts) Kyrou (15-50pts)
Fabbri (20-50pts) Thomas (20-60pts) Tarasenko (60+pts)
Steen (30-50pts) ROR (45-60pts) Perron (25-50pts)
Barbashev (10-25pts) Bozak (35-45pts) Jaskin (10-20pts)

Compare to last years totals

Schwartz (59) Schenn (70) Tarasenko (66)
Steen (46) Stastny (40) Thompson (9)
Berglund (26) Brodziak (33) Sobotka (31)
Upshall (19) Barbashev (13) Jaskin (17)

How depressing.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012

Schwartz-Schenn-Senko
Fabbri-ROR-Perron
Steen-Bozak-Thomas

Eddy-Petro
Dunn-parayko

Allen
Johnson

ROR-Thomas-Senko
Schwartz-Schenn-Perron
Fabbri-Bozak-Steen
The rest the same

Fabbri-ROR-Senko
Schwartz-Schenn-Perron
Steen-Bozak-Thomas
The rest the same

Here is the "Holy Crap Fabbri and Thomas are lighting it up lineup" extremely unlikely and not even sure if the 3rd line would work like that....but still.....

Fabbri-Thomas-Senko(the potential of this line excites the heck out of me)
Schwartz-Schenn-Perron
Steen-ROR-Bozak

The "Kyrou isn't letting us send him down lineup" I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THOMAS HERE!!!!!!!! WE ARE SO FRICKIN DEEP NOW!....if Kyrou or thomas or both can make big impacts we will have quality top9 players on our 4th line

Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Fabbri-RoR- Kyrou
Steen-Bozak-Perron

One thing i will say tho.....is we have so much scoring ability throughout our lineup, the toughest thing for me is finding who our PK forwards will be....I'd say top PK unit should be Steen and sundqvist(i know u guys hate him, but he's fantastic defensively and will be willing to block shots etc..) and then ROR(don't want him as our top pk guy until playoffs and maybe barbashev?

The reason i don't like having nolan/thorburn(obvi)/ jaskin on the 4th line for us is solely because i don't trust any of them as PK guys (soshnikov i have no idea if he can kill or not, i like his speed and tenacity tho) and i sure as heck don't want our horses being used on the PK throughout the whole year. I'm a firm believer in having 4th liners that atleast kill penalties, because solely playing 8 mins a night and not killing penalties, seems like a wasted roster spot IMO...other than the rare occasion you dress a thorburn type when u know a tough regular season game is coming up whether a rivalry game or a 2nd game after something crazy happened the first game etc...etc.... u get my point..

So unless bozak is our 4C(due to thomas and Kyrou) I really want to see Sundqvist get an opportunity to run with it and see if he can continue to develop and make some plays(I really think he's vastly underrated on these boards) while continuing to be the smart responsible defensive player he is. Not for nothing, i know a lot of it was due to our top line and our D scoring....but we were the best team in the league last year while sundqvist was our 3C....and he was playing with paajarvi and jaskin LOL...can't really expect him to produce offensively in that situation ya know.

Last edited:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
ROR played on team Canada. Can anybody remember which was his linemates? Trying to find some sum up, 'cus Yeo was team Canada's coach.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
ROR played on team Canada. Can anybody remember which was his linemates? Trying to find some sum up, 'cus Yeo was team Canada's coach.
I'm clicking through some of the GDTs on the international tournaments thread. here are some of his lines:

O'Reilly-Turris-Jost
O'Reilly-Turris-Schwartz
Duboius-O'Reilly-Schwartz x2
Bailey-O'Reilly-Schwartz
Bailey-Schenn-O'Reilly

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Schwartz-Schenn-Perron
Steen-Thomas-Bozak (or Bozak-Thomas)
Soshnikov-Barbashev-Thorburn

I have belief that Fabbri is going to be able to get back to being close to what he was before. I also think the best Tarasenko has looked in the past 2 seasons was when he had Fabbri on his left wing. Definitely don’t want to split Schwartz and Schenn and I like having a RHS on that line.

At this point, I really love that we can put Steen and Bozak on a third line. I think that’s the perfect pairing to start Thomas off with. Two experienced, dependable guys that can help him as he learns the game at the NHL level.

Edmundson-Pietrangelo
Dunn-Parayko
Gunnarsson/Bouwmeester-Bortuzzo
Schmaltz

I would actually look at moving one of Gunnarsson or Bouwmeester, let Schmaltz start splitting time with Bortuzzo and ease him in full time.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Before the ROR trade I hated almost any lineup I could conceive with the exception of dream lineups where both Thomas and Kyrou are impact players right away. Now I can't put together a lineup because someone I want on a scoring line gets pushed to the fourth line. There is going to be some extreme competition in training camp. The kids are going to have to really show a lot to force themselves onto the roster, especially the guys who are AHL eligible. I don't have any problem at all with Kyrou and the others starting the year in the AHL, but unless Thomas shows without question he simply isn't ready, I want him on the roster. You can healthy scratch him, you can shelter his minutes if needed, but he doesn't need to go back to Hamilton and dominate a bunch of kids again. I honestly think a month or two in the AHL would do him quite a bit of good too, but that's obviously not an option. So ready for the season to start already.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'm clicking through some of the GDTs on the international tournaments thread. here are some of his lines:

O'Reilly-Turris-Jost
O'Reilly-Turris-Schwartz
Duboius-O'Reilly-Schwartz x2
Bailey-O'Reilly-Schwartz
Bailey-Schenn-O'Reilly

Hmm, looks like Schwartz could be the guy in RW spot.

Schenn - ROR - Schwartz :bb:

giphy.webp

RR10

Jul 2, 2018
Fabbri - O´Reilly - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Schenn - Thomas
Steen - Bozak - Perron
Nolan - Barbashev - Soshnikov

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Fabbri - O´Reilly - Tarasenko
Steen - Bozak - Perron
Nolan - Barbashev - Soshnikov

This is the setup I find myself gravitating towards when I look at potential line combos. So who will take Soshnikov's place when he checks through the end boards sending himself to the infirmary on his 1st shift?

Not sold that Nolan actually ends up a regular, competition should be great for a spot this year.

Reactions: BlueDream

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I have a feeling the 4th line will be at some point. I know they like Sanford

Sanford - Barbashev - Jaskin

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Haha you remember me din gamle räv. I hope ROR sings the christmas song more confident than Stastny and hopefully will be a much better asset.
Dude, how I or anybody else can forgot you. Puss och kram :xxxx

Welcome back and lets change the course of Blues for winning, its our time! :bb:

original.gif

RR10

Jul 2, 2018
I'm really optimistic since the ROR-signing. Especially with Thomas and Kyrou upcoming, Fabbri being back and with a great fw prospect pool. I think we should not be afraid to play these youngsters and do something like Avs did with Rantanen and Kerfoot and match them pretty high in the lineup. An issue we've had recent years is that we were slow and not skilled or creative enough, so these guys will definitely help us in that regard. Let's say Thomas and Kyrou look really good at the camp:

Fabbri - O'Reilly - Tarasenko
Perron - Bozak - Kyrou
Steen - Barbashev - Soshnikov/Jaskin

I mean why not? We haven't been better since the Demitra era and next season we'll have a good enviroment for the youngsters to develop into NHLers.

Last edited:

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
With what sounds like a close to done deal it seems Maroon will be joining us. Perhaps the plan is use him as Thomas linemate on the fourth line? He does have a somewhat similar play style to a Strome or Saigeon whom Thomas played well with in Hamilton.

Schwartz Schenn Perron/Kyrou
Fabbri ROR Tarasenko
Steen Bozak Perron/Kyrou/Barby/Sosh
Maroon Thomas Jaskin

Pretty deep lineup. Would allow us to have a scoring fourth line though minutes likely limited. Could see Maroon spot playing in Fabbris spot to offload some of the stress early on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad