Line Combos: 2018 -2019 Line/D Pairing discussions & proposals - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
it's more burying the guys who seem to be terribly sick. and spin the rights around as needed and suggested. I can't say that any untested winger for the normally-top line worries me at all. the abbreviations are the first letters of their names, which seems much kinder to casual fans than jersey number quizzes.

Or you could just write their full names out, if you're trying to appeal to the casual fan (confused with this reasoning since I doubt there are a lot of casual fans signed up on HFB to talk about the bruins).

17of26

Sep 9, 2008
it's more burying the guys who seem to be terribly sick. and spin the rights around as needed and suggested. I can't say that any untested winger for the normally-top line worries me at all. the abbreviations are the first letters of their names, which seems much kinder to casual fans than jersey number quizzes.
I know all of the Bruins names and numbers, and yet I had a hard time reading your oddball 3 letter all caps abbreviations of player names.

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
okay. I find it to be the easiest way to read them at once. I picked it up from somebody and I appreciate them for it, forgotten though they are. moving on, what would you like to see the Bruins' lines roll as tonight?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
So is Backes out?

i think the problem with Backes in or out has to do with him playing with Acciari on the 4th line. If Kuraly was playing, I think it is less of an issue to have both Acciari and Backes on the same line

But the Bruins also do need his physicality

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
So is Backes out?

i think the problem with Backes in or out has to do with him playing with Acciari on the 4th line. If Kuraly was playing, I think it is less of an issue to have both Acciari and Backes on the same line

But the Bruins also do need his physicality

Did not help one bit in game 3. Leafs looked to hit us more and their dee moved the puck too fast for him to be effective at all. Kuraly needs to get back in. Nordy is in because of the PK. If Bergy is hurting and Marshy is looking tired, we need those guys to rest up from the PK and save it for the PP. Kuraly can bump both Backes and Nordy when he gets back in game 5.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Nordstrom because of the PK? Seems weird given how mediocre our PK has been. We couldn't find anyone else to be mediocre on the PK who might actually put up a point?

I get that he's slow but I'd take Backes in the lineup over Norstrom and Kuhlman. I see neither of those two scoring goals, and while Backes isn't likely to either, he can do a little damage in front of the net and he's a good guy to have on the bench. I guess it's nitpicking, but given that Kuhlman is currently eating a spot on that second line I think I'd prefer he's out so Cassidy chooses from other options.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
If Kuraly returns... man its getting complex.... =P

Forwards
Marchand Bergeron Heinen/Pasta

Debrusk Krejci Pasta/Coyle

Mojo Coyle Backes/Kuraly/Heinen

Wagner Acciari Kuraly

Ds
Chara McAvoy
Krug Carlo
Grz Moore

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
What I’d like to see...
Marchand - Bergeron - Heinen
Johansson - Krejci - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Coyle - Kuhlman
Kuraly - Backes - Wagner

What I expect to see...
Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Johansson - Krejci - DeBrusk
Heinen - Coyle - Backes
Kuraly - Acciari - Wagner

I think that first lineup would really help defuse what Toronto is doing defensively, you get Pasta away from Muzzin and force them to defend two lines and play in their own end more. You get a really fast and tenacious third line that can also grind. Acciari has been good at the dot but not very physical and not producing. Backes is excellent at the dot, has been hitting a ton and has good chemistry with Kuraly.

I think they can win with the second lineup too, it’s better than what we had in G4. Kuraly is huge. The other key is DeBrusk. He’s been invisible since G2.

Last edited:

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
We get last change tomorrow night, so I’m not so sure we will see as much line shuffling as we did in Game 4. I think we start with Pasta on the top line and he stays there for the majority of the night.......then you go back to the line shuffle in Game 6

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
if we had all 7 healthy dmen… id still vote for dressing 7 dmen

something has to be done about the current 4th line... if kurly is healthy hope he fixes it...

if hes not... maybe try kuhlman there instead of accari.
not sure if wagner is hurt but has he played a good game since getting the 7th player?

I hope to see a healthy kurley with backes on a line once we get both in the lineup... and I am not sure who plays with them

coyle seems ok on the 3rd line maybe give him kuhlman and... Johansson? debrusk? Heinen? any of them might be ok I guess

pastrnak with krejci? it never seems to work... put marchand with them? that worked... but where does that leave Bergeron?

dont want too many radical changes... should Bergeron focus on defense shutdown? get him away from Tavares? I dont know...

my hope is the dmen all get healthy and we can avoid grzelyck getting owned again

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Iml
63-37-43
74-46-88
90-13-42
20-52-83

Won't happen

I like it but I prefer Acciari over Kuhlman. I mentioned earlier I like Kuraly much more on the wing this year and coming back from a wrist injury I prefer not to have him at the dot especially in the first game.

Top 3 lines look good and as others have mentioned I’d be happy if they continue to juggle the RWs. I think it adds a spark although I don’t really understand why.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Nordstrom because of the PK? Seems weird given how mediocre our PK has been. We couldn't find anyone else to be mediocre on the PK who might actually put up a point?

I get that he's slow but I'd take Backes in the lineup over Norstrom and Kuhlman. I see neither of those two scoring goals, and while Backes isn't likely to either, he can do a little damage in front of the net and he's a good guy to have on the bench. I guess it's nitpicking, but given that Kuhlman is currently eating a spot on that second line I think I'd prefer he's out so Cassidy chooses from other options.

Nordy has scored and is tied with Backes for points, the PK is at 70% which is not all his fault. Most of those goals were in tight by the crease, dee not having their guys. Backes value was on the 2nd power play in front of the net and he has been replaced by Mojo. Nordy was valuable in the late stages, Cassidy likes what he brings. He was on twice in the last few minutes. Gives Bergy some much needed rest on the PK. That in itself is huge.

To date in the playoffs Backes has not taken one face off according to NHL.com. or killed a penalty that I could remember this year. If he is not hitting then he is a liability. When he is moving his feet and hitting and playing simple he is better, if he is surrounded with speed. That is 4th line minutes to me. Do not give Coyle that burden saddling him on the 3rd line anymore. Wags hurting is better than him for that, Kuhlman at least he has some hands and can check with speed.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I wonder what the news is on Clifton, or due to Moores return, regardless if healthy, will sit out

Moore made several mistakes the last game.... but also looked decent at times. It was his first game back and thrown to the wolves that is the playoffs

but If I had my choice, I would take out Moore and inject a healthy Clifton..... I just like his game, his hitting

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
No chance Backes sits imo

Especially at home.... his hitting or even missed hits and pounding the glass, would excite the fans lol

likely Nordstrom sits

Marchand Bergeron Heinen/Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Pasta/Coyle
Mojo Coyle Backes
Kuraly Acciari Wagner

If the 4th line can return to form, that would be big.... energy booster

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
for game 6, would like to see

Marchand Krejci Pasta
Mojo Bergeron Coyle
Debrusk Kuraly Heinen
Wagner Nordstrom Kuhlman

Chara McAvoy
Grz Carlo
Krug Moore

Outside of game 2, the Leafs have played better in all other games. The Bruins lack any kind of offensive zone time..... just can't keep hoping, it will break though. 5 games against the Leafs should be enough sample

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Marchand Krejci Pasta
DeBrusk Bergeron Coyle
Johansson Carey Heinen
Wagner Kuraly Kuhlman

Vaak McAvoy
Chara Carlo
Lauzon Moore

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Marchand Krejci Pasta
DeBrusk Bergeron Coyle
Johansson Carey Heinen
Wagner Kuraly Kuhlman

Vaak McAvoy
Chara Carlo
Lauzon Moore

Is Carey a center??

Vaaka and Lauzon unfortunately are not ready for this right now

but if Clifton is healthy, what about him?

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Is Carey a center??

Vaaka and Lauzon unfortunately are not ready for this right now

but if Clifton is healthy, what about him?

I think when Frederic was injured Carey played center.
Nobody thought McAvoy was ready in April 2017 fresh out of colleague. Look at Avs this year, Makar doesn't look out of place either.
Clifton unfortunately I suspect has something broken.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Go with the performers / skill / creativity

Mojo Krejci Pasta
Marchand Bergeron Heinen
Debrusk Coyle Kuraly
Nords Acci Kuhlman

Krug McAvoy
Grz Carlo
Chara Moore

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Go with the performers / skill / creativity

Mojo Krejci Pasta
Marchand Bergeron Heinen
Debrusk Coyle Kuraly
Nords Acci Kuhlman

Krug McAvoy
Grz Carlo
Chara Moore
That is how i see it. My concerne is with Heinen. While i think he belongs beside 63 and 37, for a reason i can’t understand his body language tells me he is not capable of taking the pressure at least yesterday. But i think that is how i would go.

Reactions: Blowfish

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
That is how i see it. My concerne is with Heinen. While i think he belongs beside 63 and 37, for a reason i can’t understand his body language tells me he is not capable of taking the pressure at least yesterday. But i think that is how i would go.
The only point that differs though is Backes. I still put him in the line up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad