Line Combos: 2018 -2019 Line/D Pairing discussions & proposals - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I thought Krejci looked good in game 2. He was skating really well. The problem is that is playing with a couple players who are not getting the job done right now, and one in particular who is giving the puck away to the other team at an insane rate. I would move Johansson to Krejci's line and see what happens. Johansson is a playmaker who is on a line with a 4th liner who struggles on the third line and a center prone to giveaways, is great at carrying the puck and keeping possession, but struggles to make quality passes that set up scoring. None of this makes sense to me on a team that needs to generate even-strength goals. Johansson's style and talent level is being wasted. At least give the guy a period with Krejci and see what happens.The Bs have more than enough talent to beat Columbus, but none of that is relevant if the team cannot score enough goals.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
I cant remember a stretch when most of the top players were off their game so much.
The CBJ top players have simply been better than the Bruins top players.
Frankly I'm surprised and impressed the games are so close with so many struggling.

Last edited:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I hope they try Krejci with Marchand and Pasta. See if Bergeron can get get Debrusk going and put them with Heinen or Johansson

I love Pasta, but he has been awful for the last couple of weeks. I don’t think it’s the wrist, I think he’s just in a funk. His decision making has been horrible.

Said this before and will repeat. Move him down to the 3rd line where he will get better matchups. Coyle is a puck possession guy and MoJo is pass first. Put him with those two and tell him he’s the gunner on that line. See if he can get his swagger back.

It also forces Torts to make more decisions on line matching.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I love Pasta, but he has been awful for the last couple of weeks. I don’t think it’s the wrist, I think he’s just in a funk. His decision making has been horrible.

Said this before and will repeat. Move him down to the 3rd line where he will get better matchups. Coyle is a puck possession guy and MoJo is pass first. Put him with those two and tell him he’s the gunner on that line. See if he can get his swagger back.

It also forces Torts to make more decisions on line matching.

tied 1-1 they have time to see what works, Coyle seems very confident with the puck so Pasta being on his wing could create more chances and space for both. Krejci Marchand and Pasta have shown chemistry this year so I'd like to try that. Bergeron could play with anyone so I wonder how he would play with Debrusk on his wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad