2018-2019 Line Combos

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
He can clean up the mess, but you can't polish a turd enough to make it shine. We are devoid of real talent. If Barzal, Beauvillier, and Pulock take steps in their development, I consider that a success. The rest is going to be ugly.

You bet.

We can only look forward to individual progress and development in the short term because lord knows the team as a collective is not going to be competitive.

Reactions: PWJunior

IslesBro715

May 24, 2009
Florida
What exactly do you expect? We have almost the same defense from last year, and it's a wash at goalie. I do expect improvement as well, but we were last in the league. If we can make it to middle of the league, that will be a massive accomplishment and that's probably best case scenario.

We lost 84 points and 35+ goals, where is that coming from?

We won't be a disgrace, but I don't think we'll be all that good either.

Im not expecting the team to make the playoffs but Im also not expecting them to be a bottom 5 team. Yea, we have to replace the points but with Trotzs system in place as oppposed to Weights, I expect us to not let in 300 goals against.

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013
I’m anxious to see the top line. I don’t think you just drop Barzal between Lee and Bailey. That would ruin Barzal’s dynamic - the speed at which he plays the game. The chemistry and success of Beau-Barzal-Eberle is unmatched on the existing team. I was looking forward to seeing them together again on the 2nd line. We need another capable center.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Lee - Barzal - Eberle
Nelson-Beauvellier - Bailey
Ladd-Filppula-Komerov
Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

These lines are the ones we are icing from the getogo.

I would prefer to have Barzal/Bailey/Beauvellier/Zeeker down the middle, but I don't think it'll work that way. Badd messes up the lines, but who knows..maybe..just maybe Trotz can replace his gears and he gets going again.

I think the best 4th line in hockey will have a reunion...they have chemistry like Bailey had chemistry with John. This year, i believe the 4th line won't be a liability and used properly..not like Cappy, playing them too much.

It's up to the prospects to find their own way into the lineup. We now have the proper depth with the two-way contracts we have signed and the prospects knocking at the door. I think Ho-Sang and Wahlstrom are going to be making very solid cases for being included in the opening night lineup...lets hope these guys take the game seriously and work their asses off over the summer.

Last edited:

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
Lee-Barzal-Eberle
Beauvillier-Bailey-Ho-Sang
Ladd-Cizikis-Komarov
Martin-Filppula-Clutterbuck
(Nelson traded for D)

Reactions: ImNeverWrong

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
You bet.

We can only look forward to individual progress and development in the short term because lord knows the team as a collective is not going to be competitive.

In the wins column? Yes, most likely won't be "competitive."

But, this is the type of team that competes their balls off due to the circumstances: captain leaving, the young & hungry, piss & vinegar guys, vets auditioning for future jobs, etc. That team I will gladly watch with suppressed expectations.

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
I’m anxious to see the top line. I don’t think you just drop Barzal between Lee and Bailey. That would ruin Barzal’s dynamic - the speed at which he plays the game. The chemistry and success of Beau-Barzal-Eberle is unmatched on the existing team. I was looking forward to seeing them together again on the 2nd line. We need another capable center.

Do we really need to see JT's leaf jersey in everyone of your posts?

Reactions: Macch

crasherino

May 9, 2013
If we trade for Tyler Johnson with Nelson as the roster player going the other way, this could be a pretty decent rotation.....

Tito - Barzal - Eberle
Lee - Johnson - Bailey
Ladd - Filipula - Komarov
Martin - CC - CC

The first two lines would be strong and the bottom two would be tough to play against. And the hope would be that Ladd returns - at least somewhat - to his prior form.

Not sure what else would need to go in the deal alongside Nelson but a single first rounder wouldn't be the end of the world. A decent D prospect in the form of MVS, Toews, Wotherspoon, etc. isn't horrible either.

Reactions: LordNeverLose

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
How do you know it’s a Leafs jersey? When I have time I’ll change it to the front of the jersey. You may be right.

qqZGcWz.png

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
He can clean up the mess, but you can't polish a turd enough to make it shine. We are devoid of real talent. If Barzal, Beauvillier, and Pulock take steps in their development, I consider that a success. The rest is going to be ugly.

no...but if you squeeze it enough you might get a diamond...

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
In the wins column? Yes, most likely won't be "competitive."

But, this is the type of team that competes their balls off due to the circumstances: captain leaving, the young & hungry, piss & vinegar guys, vets auditioning for future jobs, etc. That team I will gladly watch with suppressed expectations.

Im reminded of what happened to the Islander team when Pierre Turgeon was almost killed by Dale F'ing Hunter....they played their asses off after that...maybe we'll see something....i believe they call it...inspiration....sorta like what Vegas had last year...

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
• If this is the roster we are going into the season with, I could see Trotz preferring Beauvillier at center over Nelson. He’ll slide Tito right in where Tavares was, and match that line up against opponent’s top defensive pairings. Yes, their offensive numbers will dip, but they are our best three top six forwards defensively. Barzal’s line will get good matchups in this case.

• We’ve seen Ladd and Beauvillier both succeed riding shotgun with Barzal and Eberle, why not Nelson?

• Ho-Sang gets to line up with two NHL veterans who are defensively responsible in Ladd and Filppula.

• I can see Trotz using Komarov up and down the lineup, but ultimately see him being most effective with Clutterbuck and Cizikas.

• Yes, I have Toews making the team and playing wih Pulock on the second pairing. I think Trotz can mold this kid into Nate Schmidt 2.0.

Lee (30, 20) - Beauvillier (25, 25) - Bailey (15-35)
Nelson (25, 20) - Barzal (22, 48) - Eberle (25, 35)
Ladd (20, 15) - Filppula (15, 20) - Ho-Sang (12, 28)
Komarov - Cizikas - Clutterbuck (just get 30 goals from this line + Martin & Kuhnhackl
Martin, Kuhnhackl

Leddy - Boychuk
Toews - Pulock
Hickey - Pelech
Mayfield

Greiss/Lehner

That’s a total of 219 goals, 42 less than last season, without even adding in the D projections.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Why do you want to change the only line that really clicked and was on fire all last year?? They have great chemistry and enjoy playing with each other so much that they all played together in the off-season. You don't touch the 1st line at all. If you remember about 2 years ago. Nelson and Lee played on the same line and played well together. Bailey will be the passer for that line setting up Nelson's wrist shot and Lee grabbing the rebound and defection goals.

Beauvellier - Barzal - Eberle
Lee- Nelson - Bailey
Ladd-Filppula- Ho Sang /Komerov

Johnston and Kuhnhackl rotate in once in a while.

Leddy - Boychuk
Pelech - Pulock
Mayfield - Hickey/Toews

Reactions: Hagstrom

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Why do you want to change the only line that really clicked and was on fire all last year?? They have great chemistry and enjoy playing with each other so much that they all played together in the off-season. You don't touch the 1st line at all. If you remember about 2 years ago. Nelson and Lee played on the same line and played well together. Bailey will be the passer for that line setting up Nelson's wrist shot and Lee grabbing the rebound and defection goals.

Lee- Nelson - Bailey

Leddy - Boychuk
Pelech - Pulock
Mayfield - Hickey/Toews

Barry Trotz is going to put together lines that will help the team win.

Doug Weight put lines together as if he was just trying to see what combinations would score the most. That’s not a recipe for winning hockey long term.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

Lee- Nelson - Bailey

Leddy - Boychuk
Pelech - Pulock
Mayfield - Hickey/Toews

Disagree, you give both UFA's a chance to shine and if they are going to walk it maximizes their rental value at the trade deadline. Stick both Lee and Eberle with Barzal and hope they rack up the points so if they walk, we bank.

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013
Disagree, you give both UFA's a chance to shine and if they are going to walk it maximizes their rental value at the trade deadline. Stick both Lee and Eberle with Barzal and hope they rack up the points so if they walk, we bank.

Barzal's shift would be over by the time Lee gets into the o-zone to join the play.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
It’s fun to speculate about line combos but I really don’t think Lou is done dealing.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Seeing these line combos with Nelson and Ladd pains me more than not seeing Tavares there. If Lou can get rid of those two, he deserves a shrine in Belmont.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Beauvillier - Barzal - Eberle
Lee - Bailey - Ho-Sang

Might be an interesting way of arranging the top 6. But it leaves a whole lot of garbage in the bottom 6, unless Bellows makes the team.

Reactions: LordNeverLose

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3