2018-2019 Line Combos

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Pending something doesn't happen via trade/PTO:

Tito- Barzal-Eberle
JHS-Bailey-Lee (Barry decides to utilize Ho-Sangs speed and skill to offset Bailey's passing and Lee's work around the net)
Ladd-Filppula-Komarov-Kuhnhackl-Brock (this is going to be uglier then Leddy's attempt at defense last season)
Johnston/Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Reactions: islesfan66

DonLou13

Jun 18, 2018
What do you think it would take to get an Adam Henrique, Kyle Okposio, and Chris Tanev over here through trade?

I may be totally off but henrique solved our need for a center, while okposo reunited with his former teammates/friends could potential return to his 60 point self, and Tanev is a bonefied top 4 to replace de haan.

Again I may be so off because I'm not good with trades so try not to bash me off I am, but I think Henrique could be had for:

Henrique

for

Nelson, 2020 2nd round pick, Mayfeld

Okposo, 2019 2nd round pick, 2020 3rd round pick

for

Bellows, Aho, Clutterbuck

Tanev, 2019 3rd round pick

for

2019 1st round pick

Going into the season:

Lee-Barzal-Eberle
Bailey-Henrique-Okposo
Beau-Fippula-Ho-Sang
Ladd-Cizikas-Martin-Komarov-Kunhakl

Leddy-Tanev
Hickey-Pulock
Pelech-Boychuck
Towes-Mayfeld

Lehner
Griess

Lol I've been playing too much nhl.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
What do you think it would take to get an Adam Henrique, Kyle Okposio, and Chris Tanev over here through trade?

I may be totally off but henrique solved our need for a center, while okposo reunited with his former teammates/friends could potential return to his 60 point self, and Tanev is a bonefied top 4 to replace de haan.

Again I may be so off because I'm not good with trades so try not to bash me off I am, but I think Henrique could be had for:

Henrique

for

Nelson, 2020 2nd round pick, Mayfeld

Okposo, 2019 2nd round pick, 2020 3rd round pick

for

Bellows, Aho, Clutterbuck

Tanev, 2019 3rd round pick

for

2019 1st round pick

Going into the season:

Lee-Barzal-Eberle
Bailey-Henrique-Okposo
Beau-Fippula-Ho-Sang
Ladd-Cizikas-Martin-Komarov-Kunhakl

Leddy-Tanev
Hickey-Pulock
Pelech-Boychuck
Towes-Mayfeld

Lehner
Griess

Lol I've been playing too much nhl.
Where do you put Okposo? He's not worth the contract they gave him in Buffalo nor would I give up Bellows in return for him. You're better off trying to pry Frans out of Detroit to fill the 2nd line center hole then bring back Kyle and watch him backhand toe-drag to a wide shot 82 games a year. Clutterbuck won't be moving with Martin coming back, that line is pretty much set in stone. None of these trades address the problem on the back end. It would be like 17-18 on repeat with uglier results. Tanev hasn't played more then 70 games a season in his career. We have Boychuk already who's good for a few games lost due to injury. Sign Hamuis and Enstrom before trading a 1st for Tanev.

Reactions: NineHoleGoal

isles93

Jul 8, 2006
New York
Can I ask why everyone feels we need to break up Barzel-Eberly-Beauvillier? The line showed great chemistry last year. What is the obsession with fixing what is not broken.
Bailey and Lee have been great together with or without Tavares. Either move JB to center and add a playmaker like Ho Sang or trade or find a playmaking second center.
No reason to not see if CC-CC-MM can come back together. Then you just need to figure out line 3.

Reactions: NineHoleGoal

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Can I ask why everyone feels we need to break up Barzel-Eberly-Beauvillier? The line showed great chemistry last year. What is the obsession with fixing what is not broken.
Bailey and Lee have been great together with or without Tavares. Either move JB to center and add a playmaker like Ho Sang or trade or find a playmaking second center.
No reason to not see if CC-CC-MM can come back together. Then you just need to figure out line 3.

I like them together too, under the system we had. Next year we don't know how a brand new system will effect chemistry yet.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
JHS is not a bottom 6 guy and you put him there will doom him for sure. He has tools to contribute offensively but not much to bring defensively and definitely should not be on a checking line. He can pass so he needs to play someone who can score. He also have insane speed so you want to give him ice time so he can get into the game. I think he is best with Nelson or Beau and I like to see him get chance with Barzal in fact at least for a few games. I would not mind see Eberle on a line with Lee and Bailey to spread out the scoring between the two lines.

Barzal has chemistry with Ebs but with Ebs perhaps not coming back after next season it may be a need to see who else he can play with on the RW and you can't just put rookie Bellows on top line without any NHL minutes. I would ease Bellows into the line up on the 3rd lines to give that line a bit more bite.

Of course a lot depends on if Isles will make a deal this summer.

Last edited:

JZCislesHockey

Jul 29, 2013
Long Island, NY
Lee-Kovar-Bailey
Beau-Barzal-Eberle
Ladd-Nelson/Filpulla-Ho-Sang
Komarov-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
Martin
Kuhnackl
Johnston

Leddy-Boychuk
Hickey-Pulock
Toews-Pelech
Aho-Mayfield

Lehner
Greiss

Woof, this team sucks. And has way too many forwards.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Lee-Kovar-Bailey
Beau-Barzal-Eberle
Martin
Kuhnackl
Johnston

Leddy-Boychuk
Hickey-Pulock
Toews-Pelech
Aho-Mayfield

Lehner
Greiss

Unless they’re moving a forward out, Kuhnhackl and Johnston should both be waived and I think Filppula ends up in the pressbox. He’s not that good.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Lee-Kovar-Bailey
Beau-Barzal-Eberle
Martin
Kuhnackl
Johnston

Leddy-Boychuk
Hickey-Pulock
Toews-Pelech
Aho-Mayfield

Lehner
Greiss

Yup. If this is how we start the season we may finish 31st overall. Unless 6 or 7 guys have career years and no one regresses.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Trade Nelson + whatever for a top 4 LHD

Beau -- Barzal -- Eberle
Lee -- Bailey -- Ho-Sang
Ladd -- Kovar -- Komarov
Martin -- Cizikas -- Clutterbuck
X - Johnston, Filppula

Leddy -- Boychuk
LHD -- Pulock
Toews -- Pelech
X - Mayfield

Lehner
Greiss

Not good but not brutal

Reactions: nyisleslover

MIK55

Jul 4, 2018
Haven't fully thought through line combos but one one thing I do know -- teams are going to hate playing Barry Trotz's Isles. No space on the ice, punishing, physical play, and "the kid who won the Calder."

Schwartzee

Mar 29, 2007
If we're trying to ice the best team, our roster should look something like this next year (before any remaining moves are made)

Beauvillier - Barzal - Eberle
Lee - Kovar - Bailey
Bellows - Filpulla - Ho Sang
Komarov - Cizikas - Martin

Extras: Nelson, Ladd, Kuhnackl, Clutterbuck, Johnston

Leddy - Pulock
Pelech - Boychuk
Hickey - Mayfield

Extras: Toews, Aho

Lehner
Greiss

Obviously I probably won't be correct on what our opening night roster is, but what in the world do we do with all of these extra forwards? I'm sure Ladd will be on the roster but I don't see what he brings to the table to benefit the team. There has to be moves coming.

Do any of you want to see the forward group look different than what I have above? (Only dealing with what we're working with this very moment)

Reactions: dv92

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Tito - Barzy - Eberle
Lee - Kovar - Bailey
Ladd - Filpula- Komarov
Martin - CC - CC

We simply have WAY too many forwards. We should have signed Komarov or Filpula - not both. Nelson seems to be a goner for basically whatever we can get back. A second rounder? We'll take it.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Tito - Barzy - Eberle
Lee - Kovar - Bailey
Ladd - Filpula- Komarov
Martin - CC - CC

We simply have WAY too many forwards. We should have signed Komarov or Filpula - not both. Nelson seems to be a goner for basically whatever we can get back. A second rounder? We'll take it.
Trade Nelson, scratch Filp, Move Kovar to 3C, Bailey to 2c, and insert JHS at 2RW.

That's my preference.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Trade Cizikas...

Beauvillier-Barzal-Eberle
Lee-Nelson-Ho-Sang
Ladd-Kovar-Bailey
Komarov-Filppula-Clutterbuck
Martin, Kuhnhackl

Schwartzee

Mar 29, 2007
Trade Cizikas...

Lee-Nelson-Ho-Sang
Ladd-Kovar-Bailey
Komarov-Filppula-Clutterbuck
Martin, Kuhnhackl

You really think Bellows doesn't make the team? I really just can't see how he doesn't make it.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I don’t think he sniffs the roster out of camp. Just too many LWs and he’ll only benefit from some time in the minors.
And now we have great AHL vets to help.

Bellows to put up 30 goals in the A would be terrific.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Why do I think it'll look something like this:
Bailey-Kovar-Lee
Ho-Sang/Ladd-Filppula-Kuhnhackl
Johnston-Cizikas-Martin

Gone: Clutterbuck, Nelson (both for defensemen who do something more consistent)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->