2018-2019 Line Combos

DonLou13

Jun 18, 2018
With all the stupid drama from JT in LA and the search for missing pieces, I think before the headaches if free agency we all have a little fun.

Post your line combos for next season which include realistic line combos based on possible UFA signings and realistic trades.

Have fun

Lee-Tavares-Bailey
JVR-Barzal-Eberle
Grabner-Beauviller-Ho-Sang
Clutterbuck-Cizkas-Smith-Pelly

Leddy-Karlsson
Pelech-Boychuck
Dobson-Pulock

Hutton
Griess

Karlsson is traded for------Brock Nelson, Scott Mayfeld, Kiefer Bellows, 2019 1st, 2019 2nd

Your turn.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Way too many assumptions here...

I think the Isles are using the development camp to see what they have and who could step in and fill what roles, THEN go out to target UFAs that fill the holes the prospects can't.

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
With all the stupid drama from JT in LA and the search for missing pieces, I think before the headaches if free agency we all have a little fun.

Post your line combos for next season which include realistic line combos based on possible UFA signings and realistic trades.

Have fun

Lee-Tavares-Bailey
JVR-Barzal-Eberle
Grabner-Beauviller-Ho-Sang
Clutterbuck-Cizkas-Smith-Pelly

Leddy-Karlsson
Pelech-Boychuck
Dobson-Pulock

Hutton
Griess

Karlsson is traded for------Brock Nelson, Scott Mayfeld, Kiefer Bellows, 2019 1st, 2019 2nd

Your turn.

So you want "realistic" 18-19 line combos but have Brock Nelson as a centerpiece in a Karlsson trade, Tavares AND JVR signing (top two forward UFAs), Grabner coming back and Dobson making the team out of camp... call this thread pipedreams instead.

DonLou13

Jun 18, 2018
jesus this is what I mean about some of these post. it's just a fun little thread to take our mind off of the cesspool that is that Tavares thread. if you dont like my lines then make your own and kindly refute mine.

the amount of negativity on these boards is absolutely ridiculous.

and yess ladd is my 13th foward.

and no bellows and a first is the centerpiece of the trade, Nelson is just an add in.

and yes, Dobson has a chance to make the team out of camp anyone who saids otherwise hasnt seen him play.

but I digress, keep panicking and being negative.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
jesus this is what I mean about some of these post. it's just a fun little thread to take our mind off of the cesspool that is that Tavares thread. if you dont like my lines then make your own and kindly refute mine.

and no bellows and a first is the centerpiece of the trade, Nelson is just an add in.

and yes, Dobson has a chance to make the team out of camp anyone who saids otherwise hasnt seen him play.

Grabner is not a good hockey player, so I don't want anything to do with him. He's streaky and can only perform in certain team structures, plus he'll get a decent chunk of change that I wouldn't be interested in paying this year. Hard pass.

It's also really hard to speculate about lines without knowing what else is happening this summer. I know you're just trying to have some fun, but I just can't see why we should speculate that the lines will be any different for next year at this point in time. We have the same players (except for Quine and Prince).

As for your lines, I don't see Tavares, Karlsson, Smith-Pelly, Grabner, Hutton, and JVR all fitting on this team and being under the cap.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Top 6 is easy. Hoping we see a completely different bottom 6.

Defense... some work to be done.

Reactions: DonLou13

crasherino

May 9, 2013
We’re not that lucky

I'm admittedly stubborn and dense but I'm still holding out hope that this guy can be.....at least a contributor this year. If he's healthy, I can't see his hockey skill drop THAT precipitously. 2 years ago after being injured for half the season he did put up 20 goals. If he could be an effective 3rd line winger, our team would be THAT much better. I'll take a stab.....

27 - 91 - 12
72 - 13 - 7
16 - 29 - 66
52 - 53 - 15

That 3rd line could be great or terrible and could probably hold our season's fortunes. Like most, I think Nelson is probably better suited as LW who should just concentrate on shooting, but if its between keeping AB on Barzal's wing or putting Ladd/Nelson there, I think I start off with keeping AB there.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
I don't expect much change in the top six, hoping Tavares will be back. But for now our line-up looks like this :

Lee-Tavares-Bailey
Beauvillier-Barzal-Eberle
Ladd-Nelson-Ho-Sang
Johnston-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Now let's wait and see how the team will look like after July 1st (if we lose Tavares and some trade are made, etc)...

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
what do you think would be a realistic bottom six?

We're not getting rid of Ladd, but i think we can move one of Clutter/Cizikas.

Nelson will probably be shipped out once JT re-signs.

Lots of options to replace them. Won't even attempt to guess.

Really pulling for Ho-Sang to have an amazing camp and lock in a roster spot.

DonLou13

Jun 18, 2018
I don't expect much change in the top six, hoping Tavares will be back. But for now our line-up looks like this :

Lee-Tavares-Bailey
Beauvillier-Barzal-Eberle
Ladd-Nelson-Ho-Sang
Johnston-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Now let's wait and see how the team will look like after July 1st (if we lose Tavares and some trade are made, etc)...

that foward core is not that bad at all....would love to see clutterbuck shipped out and get a nice piece to add to that line.

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
what do you think would be a realistic bottom six?

For me, guys I like and realistic options for the bottom 6 include Darren Archibald via UFA, Chris Tierney via trade with Sharks, Filpulla via UFA (3rd line center), Tobias Reider via UFA.

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010

Sorry I hurt your feelings man.

Although, I find continuous proposals to acquire Karlsson and snag up every top UFA to be equally frustrating and highly unrealistic (which was an emphasis of our post). We have different ideas of fun I guess.

DonLou13

Jun 18, 2018
For me, guys I like and realistic options for the bottom 6 include Darren Archibald via UFA, Chris Tierney via trade with Sharks, Filpulla via UFA (3rd line center), Tobias Reider via UFA.
out those guys you mention, Filpulla is the most intriguing to me...speed, size and can be defensively responsible.

DonLou13

Jun 18, 2018
Sorry I hurt your feelings man.

Although, I find continuous proposals to acquire Karlsson and snag up every top UFA to be equally frustrating and highly unrealistic (which was an emphasis of our post). We have different ideas of fun I guess.
Fine with me, you're proabably right. What do you think would be a realistic tip pairing defensemen we could get?

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
Fine with me, you're proabably right. What do you think would be a realistic tip pairing defensemen we could get?

I don't think there is one to be honest. Lou will undoubtedly add a defensemen but there isn't much available. Unless we want to mortgage our future completely, of course.

Not to mention, literally every team wants to add a #1-2 guy on the backend.

There is one player that I LOVE and really think the Islanders should pursue. Cost-effective too!

Greg Pateryn- UFA RH Defensemen who had a bit of a breakout last season with the Stars. He is tough, mobile and can log some good minutes.

Read more about him here: Dallas Stars Season Grades: Greg Pateryn

John Moore is super effective (but also drawing a ton of attention)

Calvin de Haan could be back. Luca Sbisa, Derrick Pouliot, Ian Cole, Nick Holden are likely options too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->