Andrew Ladd - Anthony Beauvillier - Jordan Eberle
Brock Nelson - Valterri Filppula - Joshua Ho-Sang
Matt Martin - Casey Cizikas - Cal Clutterbuck
Ross Johnston
Tom Kuhnhackl
Tanner Fritz

No Komarov (3 million)?

No Kovar (2 million)?

Breaking up the one remaining line that has proven offensive chemistry?

DonLou13

Jun 18, 2018
after the recent signings:

Beau-Barzal-Eberle
Lee-Nelson-Bailey
Fippula-Kovar-Ho-Sang
Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck-Komarov-Kunhakl

Leddy-Pulock
Towes-Boychuck
Hickey-Pelech
Mayfeld

Lehner
Griess

I may be in the minority, but with a proper defensive system out in place, this is a playoff team.

DonLou13

Jun 18, 2018
I thought Filppula was a Center? His career FOW% is over 50, is it wrong to think he would fill the 3C slot?
yes which is understandable in that case Kovar takes the second line center, fipulla takes third line center and brock is either shipped out or plays third line wing.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal

Beau-Barzal-Eberle
Lee-Nelson-Bailey
Fippula-Kovar-Ho-Sang

Leddy-Pulock
Towes-Boychuck
Hickey-Pelech
Mayfeld

Lehner
Griess

I may be in the minority, but with a proper defensive system out in place, this is a playoff team.
Did the Islanders trade Ladd? Have I missed something?

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012

Beau-Barzal-Eberle
Lee-Nelson-Bailey
Fippula-Kovar-Ho-Sang

Leddy-Pulock
Towes-Boychuck
Hickey-Pelech
Mayfeld

Lehner
Griess

Seeing these forward lines makes me gLADD.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
You guys should reacquire Strome and put him at LW with Barzal and Bailey... then you could call the line the BarBaRyans

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
What's the general idea on what the lines will look like? After the recent signings, I've been trying to imagine how Trotz would fill out the lineup. I'm not sure it's the *best* lineup, but it might be the one a guy like Trotz would favor.

Beauvillier - Barzal - Eberle
Lee - Filppula - Bailey
Ladd- Nelson - Komarov
Martin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck

But then you've got recent signings like Kuhnhackl and Kovar as healthy scratches, along with any of the youngsters (Ho-Sang, Bellows, etc.). Kovar, in particular, I can't see being a healthy scratch after being signed for $2 million.

Trade incoming?

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
What's the general idea on what the lines will look like? After the recent signings, I've been trying to imagine how Trotz would fill out the lineup. I'm not sure it's the *best* lineup, but it might be the one a guy like Trotz would favor.

Lee - Filppula - Bailey
Ladd- Nelson - Komarov

But then you've got recent signings like Kuhnhackl and Kovar as healthy scratches, along with any of the youngsters (Ho-Sang, Bellows, etc.). Kovar, in particular, I can't see being a healthy scratch after being signed for $2 million.

Trade incoming?
I'd be fine as long as Ladd and Lee switch. I never want to see Nelson and Ladd together again.

Oh and I wouldn't worry about scratches, people get hurt.

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island

Lee - Filppula - Bailey
Ladd- Nelson - Komarov

Trade incoming?

Im really leaning toward:

Beau - Barzal - Eberle
Lee - Kovar - Bailey
Ladd - Filppula - Komarov
Martin - Zeek -Clutterbuck
Johnston - Kuhnhackl

Kovar brings a similar game to Tavares (not saying he is Tavares). Ladd-Filp-Komarov i see being an all around 2-way line and chipping in 30-35 pts per guy. Id have to image Nelson is packaged for a D upgrade unless he absolutely blows everyone away in camp/pre-season. Theres just no room for Bellows and Ho-sang will be first call up or packaged with Nelson for an upgrade

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
If Lamoriello can bring in a legit #2C, that lineup isn't nearly as bad as some folks on HF are making it out to be. In fact, I'd say it's actually good enough to be middle of the pack or better.

The defense is the big question mark, IMO.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013

Lee - Filppula - Bailey
Ladd- Nelson - Komarov

Trade incoming?

Hope so. That line up is brutal through the middle of the ice.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

Lee - Filppula - Bailey
Ladd- Nelson - Komarov

Trade incoming?

I could see Nelson for a defenseman occuring if Kovar and Filppula win the middle six center positions in camp, but if say Kovar busts, they’ll roll with what they have.

Ultimately, I could see something like this...

Beauvillier-Barzal-Eberle
Lee-Nelson-Bailey
Ladd-Filppula-Ho-Sang
Komarov-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
Kovar/Kuhnhackl, Martin

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
If Lamoriello can bring in a legit #2C, that lineup isn't nearly as bad as some folks on HF are making it out to be. In fact, I'd say it's actually good enough to be middle of the pack or better.

The defense is the big question mark, IMO.
Hf and media critics have judged the off-season way too harshly and way too inaccurate. Instead of judging whether or not the team improved they judged whether or not Lou replaced Tavares.

That’s not the way to judge the off-season and why I think Boychuk and Bailey aren’t happy in Staples article and why I think we’re going to surprise even Islander fans.

I can’t believe how underwhelming the response has been to the penalty kill upgrades of changing staff and getting forwards who can PK. Granted, I’ve been complaining about this for like two years that there aren’t enough PKers specifically forwards (literally JT-Kuli ; cizikas-Clutterbuck last year and then look at games played and then look at the percentage) and now going into the year we have a great outlook on special teams if we can be competitive 5on5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad