Prospect Info: 2018-2019 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Justin Schutz playing first line wing at the Division 1 U20 for Germany.
Has one PP assist so far after the first period (score is 1-1).
Should have had a second assist in the second period (game 2-1); not sure why they didn't give it to him.
Good offensive instincts from what I've seen; haven't seen him play much defence though. Nice stickwork, good passing, decent shot. Good at evading the "enemy guys" when on offence, made a nice play protecting the puck. Drew a penalty when they tried to stop him in front of the net.
Here on youtube if anyone's really bored (he's white n.10).
(Germany won 3-2 in the shootout. Schutz on ice for both goals they score and wasn't on ice for any goal against.)

In short he didn't really WOW me, but he didn't make any particularly bad play either (that I've noticed). Also worth mentioning he just came back from "leg injury" - not sure what exactly was the issue but he was out for at least a month IIRC.

Last edited:

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
@letsgrowcactus forget everything good I have to say about Monty. He let in how many goals? He sucks.
Okay. We should trade him quickly then, before the rest of the league notices. Maybe we can still get the 2030 7th for him :)
Jokes aside, I wish we'd call him up because it looks more and more likely that Monty will be in the NHL next year in some capacity. I don't think we have anything to lose this season by playing him, but it would be a good test (for both him and the team) to see where he's at developementally right now.
Ah well.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Okay. We should trade him quickly then, before the rest of the league notices. Maybe we can still get the 2030 7th for him :)
Jokes aside, I wish we'd call him up because it looks more and more likely that Monty will be in the NHL next year in some capacity. I don't think we have anything to lose this season by playing him, but it would be a good test (for both him and the team) to see where he's at developementally right now.
Ah well.

Question why should i call up Monty now? When Springfield current more or less on a PO year and playing high an low Games. And now we should call a promising Goalie to the loseing Panthers? Who are most likely will not reach the PO about the crazy D and Goalie Situation? That makes no sense, special to call upa Goalie now, would only add another excuse, for those Players who made a lot of mistakes and missplays.
And i dont wanna see a Goalie who looks Promising for next Year, give up on the Chance for the AHL Playoffs, what give him also a first feeling of PO Situation.
Things happen with markstrom and we must gave up on him later and he needed another 2-3 Years to the NHL he is current in Vancouver.

For me is that a Suizide and crazy Move, If this ever happens.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Question why should i call up Monty now? When Springfield current more or less on a PO year and playing high an low Games. And now we should call a promising Goalie to the loseing Panthers? Who are most likely will not reach the PO about the crazy D and Goalie Situation? That makes no sense, special to call upa Goalie now, would only add another excuse, for those Players who made a lot of mistakes and missplays.
And i dont wanna see a Goalie who looks Promising for next Year, give up on the Chance for the AHL Playoffs, what give him also a first feeling of PO Situation.
Things happen with markstrom and we must gave up on him later and he needed another 2-3 Years to the NHL he is current in Vancouver.

For me is that a Suizide and crazy Move, If this ever happens.
Yeah but if hes gonna sit in favor of Hutch...for no good reason at that...

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Anyone know why Hutch played both games this weekend?

-ghoste

Monty played Friday night in a 5-2 loss. Not sure why he didn't get today's game though, the team/Hutchinson blew a two goal lead with a minute to go yesterday and lost in OT.

Big 5-1 win for SPR today, Hawryluk and Borgstrom both with a goal and 2 assists, Greco with another goal and MacDonald with 2 more helpers. Even newcomer Shumakov got a goal.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
That is an Springfield Weekend the crazy Game on Friday. And Overtime lost on Saturday and a win at sunday. I think that is what you can call a balanced Weekend.

Hutchinson made on todays Game 42 of 43 saves. Henrik Borgstrom had a 3 Point game 1 Goal 2 Assist +1.
The same Point as Jayce had 1 Goal 2 Assist today, 1 Goal 1 Assist on the Game lost on friday and an Assist on Saturdays OT lost.
Also to add the new Addition of Springfield Sergei Shumakov made a Goal tonight. He was signed on a PTO contract signing happend on 8 December.

Greco had a 2 Goals 1 Assist Game on the Saturday OT lost and 1 Goal on todays Game.

And a Side not McCoshen had a Game penalty in the Friday Game for Abusing an Official.
And i got maybe 5 or 10 Minutes to late on the live feed, cause the Firday game was insane. Springfield had a 2 Goal lead, but get very hard and brutal on the 2nd periode and i still doesnt figured out what happend on Fridays game. That the whole Team got mad. otherwise they would win the Game pretty easy on Friday.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Yeah but if hes gonna sit in favor of Hutch...for no good reason at that...

I saw monty again on Fridays crazy game and there was some Goals, he could also make a save on it. So he looks solid, but i would say not NHL ready yet.
When we already hate the easy give up on our current NHL goalie, what will happen to him if he gives up easy Goals on the Time he plays with the Panthers. I think i dont must say you what happen, with the current Fan mood.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
It was nice to see Shumakov score even if it was the PP. I know he's supposed to be pretty slick with the puck so let's hope he gains some confidence to stick around long enough to get a contract. Maybe he has an electronic interpreter. After that give away last night by Malgin that Lu handled, he may have some company in Springfield that speaks Russian if they ever decide to call up Greco when Bjugs gets healthy. :laugh:

Not going to get too excited about Borg as he has been MIA for the last month and he and Hawryluk scored all their pts on the PP in today's game against a team that is not very good. I think Hawryluk at least has had some success 5 on 5 in the last month.:)

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
I saw monty again on Fridays crazy game and there was some Goals, he could also make a save on it. So he looks solid, but i would say not NHL ready yet.
When we already hate the easy give up on our current NHL goalie, what will happen to him if he gives up easy Goals on the Time he plays with the Panthers. I think i dont must say you what happen, with the current Fan mood.
You're right........he's not NHL ready..........but they may give him a game or two if Lu is really hurting. I would be shocked if they come back with Lu in the next game as he is usually pretty solid in shoot outs (seems the word is out to get him moving to the shooter's right then come back to the left as he has trouble recovering). :(

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I realize he's been in the dog house for awhile now, but at what point do you reward him? It's not like we're getting a bunch of production from the bottom 6 in FLA. Hawk and/or Greco should be given a shot sooner than later.

The Question is what we need more, another Player who makes 40 Assists a Year or the Guy who scores 5 more Goals in 24 Games. Only Chance would be send Malgin back to the AHL and call up both.
Then place them on the 2nd PP Line. Since Jayce scoring a lot of PP Points. But the Issue is not the Points we score, the Issue we have is our own Side of the Net.

So when the NHL team scores 3 or more Goals per Game, did you really have an offensive Issue? 3rd Line full of young Players, 4th line the typical energy line full of vetereans? So you would like place Jayce or Greco on the 2nd Line that this Line get their scoreing going?

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Any chance either greco or hawryluk ever become nhlers?

Long term or Short term for call Ups?
Long Term Greco as Depth Player, jayce make still have time to proof. Greco always delivere the Points more or less, so a Call up is possible.
If jayce can build from this Year he still has a Chance. But this Season is, if he stays Healthy, his first full Season. lets they coutn the first two as some with Stupid decision you make when you are young. So its his Time to proof he can do better. But also Longterm as Greco Depth Player for 3rd Line is a range he could reach. I dont see him current that he might end up as a Top6 Player.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
In my strongest opinion (and @Haj LOL) he looks more naturally NHL ready that the two back ups ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad