Prospect Info: 2018-2019 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Why did Hutch get back 2 back starts?! This makes no sense at all. Especially after he has given up 5 the night before

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
In my strongest opinion (and @Haj LOL) he looks more naturally NHL ready that the two back ups ahead of him.

Maybe about Hutchinson, but not sure about Reimer. Sorry the Games i saw he get the same goal as Loungos 4th goal on the Rangers. And fans bashing him for not more been sharp. Now he should be look more natural NHLer as Reimer. So Reimer makes Snow Angel overreacting and Loungo and Monty cant make normal Glove saves. Not sure what is now better then the other.
My personal opinion is, yes he could get more Games in the AHL to see where he stands, but definetly nothing i want to see in the NHL. Same as Hutchinson and Reimer. Even if the other Team is not that good not every Goalie make 42 saves in a Game. So Hutchinson proved he can do better then getting 5 Goals against.

I'm still unsure of why he hasn't been recalled.

Probably building his confidence. We’re kind of a tire fire and he’s winning down there.

Did you see how Matthews ended up in the Board, the same happens to Hischier and other Rookies in the NHL. I think it has nothing to do with confidence, when he trust his skills he will get better and work on himself. Im sure we will see him in the NHL again. My opinion is, he still needs to work on his skating and must get more expierence to avoid bad plays when you are up in the NHL.

I only say this, cause when im looking current on Ekblad and Matheson playing in the own Zone, special a Top3 Picks, i get a shiver down my neck, when this is our future or this is how our D plays in the future infront our own Net.
Im not sure who was it, cause the post is already a while back. He comment, that he don´t like to see, young Players to get used in the NHL, cause a lot get burned or worked out after the early Years. For never ended their development or used to play bad cause never had enough time, to work on them.
That doesnt count for every Player, but a lot of 1st Round Picks and late 1st Round Picks get used early in the NHL, ending fast in the AHL or Oversea, while 2-7 Round Picks get more time and stay sometimes longer in the NHL.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
I'm still unsure of why he hasn't been recalled.
You talking about Borgstrom? I'm willing to bet the majority of his points have come on the PP. Until he learns to consistently win faceoffs, get stronger so he can play 5 on 5 and actually contribute..............I think he needs to stay in the AHL.

I'd take Hawryluk or Greco over Borgstrom at this point in his career. :)

Reactions: Senorsmooth

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
You talking about Borgstrom? I'm willing to bet the majority of his points have come on the PP. Until he learns to consistently win faceoffs, get stronger so he can play 5 on 5 and actually contribute..............I think he needs to stay in the AHL.

I'd take Hawryluk or Greco over Borgstrom at this point in his career. :)
Jayce sure AF has been doing what we've all wanted him to do and earn his way up.

@GermanPanther I really don't have much of an argument against your stance as I think you have good reason to feel the apprehension. Why wouldn't you when he's not seen a minute of regulation or playoff NHL action. All I can say for myself, and nobody else that likes Monty is this- I had an instant hunch based on what I was looking at upon seeing the kid. Since then, a few years later, he's done exactly as I expected, and reports from various sources of what I didn't see have only confirmed as much. So much so this die-hard hockey player and fan of 25 years paid more for his jersey than any other I own.

If he comes up and get shelled, either because of his shortcomings or his teammates hanging him out to dry (or both), then send him back down and we'll see from there. But nothing, including the one period of (yes-preseason)NHL action he played right in front of me and the game on facebook the other night, discourages me.

Reactions: GermanPanther

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Justin Schutz has a goal and another primary assist in another Germany game at the U20, bringing him to 1+2, tied for team lead.
Someone in the international section commented that Germany is essentially a three-man team: Bokk (last year 1st rounder), Moritz Seider (Dman, expected this year first-rounder) and Schutz.

The video is extremely miserable but here is the goal:

Reactions: Haj

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
More speed and plays center. Longer track record. Hawk still has lots of time. Greco doesn’t
Pretty much.

I would like to know if they wouldn't pull him out of his current situation due to how well he's doing, and if so is it because they don't want to take away from the TBirds (like damned if you do, damned if you don't). Or if it's because they don't think he'll bring his latest success wave with him...

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Pretty much.

I would like to know if they wouldn't pull him out of his current situation due to how well he's doing, and if so is it because they don't want to take away from the TBirds (like damned if you do, damned if you don't). Or if it's because they don't think he'll bring his latest success wave with him...
Hell get his chance. It’s just not yet. Greco has paid his dues and I expect him to transition well and bring an element we lack. Hawryluk is in a great spot and this is what we want. Playing so well u force the call up. This is how
It should be and finally is. Players foaming at the mouth to get their chance and playing their way into it.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
LOL at the Karpat CHL game... outshot Red Bull Salzburg 45-14, but Salzburg's goalie had a career night and the game ends up 1-1, with Salzburg going to the semifinals since they won the previous game by one.

Heponiemi caused the penalty that led to Salzburg's goal (got 2+2 for elbowing), but he also had an assist on Karpat's goal. Kid still looking impressive - just put him with someone who can finish his passes and profit. Can't wait to see him on the Panthers :)

Reactions: CHGoalie27

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Expect a faster Sceviour type player with Greco. Plays PK, incredible forechecking and has a nose for the net with a better shot.
With him being in a contract year and playing in his third pro season at 25 years old, management needs to get a look at him in the NHL to see if he's worth giving a 1 way deal next year as he's still an RFA end of this year.
He's improved every year in SPR, hopefully he can come up, help the PK and provide some depth scoring.

Brouwer seems to be a stopgap signing for Greco and Hawryluk.
Bjugstad seems to be the stopgap for Tippett and Noel.

I like Sceviour but his 3 year extension doesn't sit well with me. 2 years would have been better.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Expect a faster Sceviour type player with Greco. Plays PK, incredible forechecking and has a nose for the net with a better shot.
With him being in a contract year and playing in his third pro season at 25 years old, management needs to get a look at him in the NHL to see if he's worth giving a 1 way deal next year as he's still an RFA end of this year.
He's improved every year in SPR, hopefully he can come up, help the PK and provide some depth scoring.

Brouwer seems to be a stopgap signing for Greco and Hawryluk.
Bjugstad seems to be the stopgap for Tippett and Noel.

I like Sceviour but his 3 year extension doesn't sit well with me. 2 years would have been better.
Given their purpose, I don't think Brouwer has anything to do with them. Every team, I think, needs the type of veteran big body to play the rough game. When one goes, the next will be signed. Nothing to do with anyone under 6'0. And I think it should be that way in this game, as they know what it takes. Especially come playoff time. Hell, 2 or 3 more like him would be great come playoff time. Also, you originally compared Greco to Sceviour who ain't a Brouwer either, and I think that was more fitting. And honestly, the way Colton's looked, another one of him (but better?) wouldn't be the worst thing.

The one thing all mentioned above seem to have in common is the extra push ability. Like Rudy Ruettiger. Even Nicky. Not sure what the hell is going on with Nicky's future, but I still love the kid and would rather things just get to potential instead of have to get rid of him. Petro too for that matter. They don't suck. They have sucked lately, but they don't suck. We've seen as much. I obviously wouldn't argue the Noel comparison, and I sure can't debunk a Tippett comparison because I don't know if Owen is competing to take Malgin or Hunt's spot or if he's trying and able to take Nick's, Huby's or Dad's spot.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Hell get his chance. It’s just not yet. Greco has paid his dues and I expect him to transition well and bring an element we lack. Hawryluk is in a great spot and this is what we want. Playing so well u force the call up. This is how
It should be and finally is. Players foaming at the mouth to get their chance and playing their way into it.
Greco's been around 3 years longer afterall. They aren't exactly the same type of player either, and maybe they're competing for different spots anyway.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Given their purpose, I don't think Brouwer has anything to do with them. Every team, I think, needs the type of veteran big body to play the rough game. When one goes, the next will be signed. Nothing to do with anyone under 6'0. And I think it should be that way in this game, as they know what it takes. Especially come playoff time. Hell, 2 or 3 more like him would be great come playoff time. Also, you originally compared Greco to Sceviour who ain't a Brouwer either, and I think that was more fitting. And honestly, the way Colton's looked, another one of him (but better?) wouldn't be the worst thing.

The one thing all mentioned above seem to have in common is the extra push ability. Like Rudy Ruettiger. Even Nicky. Not sure what the hell is going on with Nicky's future, but I still love the kid and would rather things just get to potential instead of have to get rid of him. Petro too for that matter. They don't suck. They have sucked lately, but they don't suck. We've seen as much. I obviously wouldn't argue the Noel comparison, and I sure can't debunk a Tippett comparison because I don't know if Owen is competing to take Malgin or Hunt's spot or if he's trying and able to take Nick's, Huby's or Dad's spot.

Think ya got me misread my dude, I like the Brouwer signing better than the Sceviour extension. Don't disagree we need more Brouwer/Sceviour types come playoff time, I have issue with the term given to Sceviour.
Wasn't comparing Brouwer's game to Greco or Hawk, just saying the 1 yr deal for Brow gave those two another year to develop in SPR, hence the stopgap comment.

Bjugstad allows Tippett and Noel the proper time to develop in OHL/AHL if need be. Curious if Tippett can crack the lineup next year or may need some time in the AHL. Nicholas needs to get it going when he comes back, his game hasn't been as noticeable lately.

:cheers: to celebrating my 10,000th post with ya, HF just notified me saying I'm a hall of famer now.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Think ya got me misread my dude, I like the Brouwer signing better than the Sceviour extension. Don't disagree we need more Brouwer/Sceviour types come playoff time, I have issue with the term given to Sceviour.
Wasn't comparing Brouwer's game to Greco or Hawk, just saying the 1 yr deal for Brow gave those two another year to develop in SPR, hence the stopgap comment.

Bjugstad allows Tippett and Noel the proper time to develop in OHL/AHL if need be. Curious if Tippett can crack the lineup next year or may need some time in the AHL. Nicholas needs to get it going when he comes back, his game hasn't been as noticeable lately.

:cheers: to celebrating my 10,000th post with ya, HF just notified me saying I'm a hall of famer now.
I am happy and honored to get the assist on the 1000th point! You got me back with the helper on the 12.25K! Do we cut the puc....screen in half? Do I cut half my screen and you cut half yours and we send in mail?

LOL I think I'm still misreading ya even now.

I did agree with the Bjugs being the Tippett Noel stopgap thing, as they could be replacements for Bjugs (f***- I hope!). And while I know you weren't comparing Jayce and Greco to Brouwer, to me that would mean Brouwer isn't the stopgap for them to eventually replace, more that Sceviour would be...

I'm sorry if I'm completely off of what you're trying to say.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I am happy and honored to get the assist on the 1000th point! You got me back with the helper on the 12.25K! Do we cut the puc....screen in half? Do I cut half my screen and you cut half yours and we send in mail?

LOL I think I'm still misreading ya even now.

I did agree with the Bjugs being the Tippett Noel stopgap thing, as they could be replacements for Bjugs (****- I hope!). And while I know you weren't comparing Jayce and Greco to Brouwer, to me that would mean Brouwer isn't the stopgap for them to eventually replace, more that Sceviour would be...

I'm sorry if I'm completely off of what you're trying to say.

No sorry needed, we're all good. Ya Sceviour is a stopgap as well, just wish he had 1 year left next year.
I'd hope Greco can make the team next year (assuming Brouwer isn't re-signed) and Hawryluk in a year's time which as you said, is Sceviour's spot right now.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
No sorry needed, we're all good. Ya Sceviour is a stopgap as well, just wish he had 1 year left next year.
I'd hope Greco can make the team next year (assuming Brouwer isn't re-signed) and Hawryluk in a year's time which as you said, is Sceviour's spot right now.
Yeah but who do we replace Brouwer with?

I'm just looking at upcoming UFAs now, always a starting point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad