Prospect Info: 2018-2019 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Denisenko ceiling is ridiculous. Hepo is pretty one dimensional and may not translate to North America pro.
how is Denisenko not one dimensional if you think hepo is? Are they not both dynamic offensive wingers?

Hepo produces at every level and on every stage while being physically inferior to everyone. That’s really impressive. He’s having a great year in a pro league. Deni is not having such a great pro year.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
how is Denisenko not one dimensional if you think hepo is? Are they not both dynamic offensive wingers?

Hepo produces at every level and on every stage while being physically inferior to everyone. That’s really impressive. He’s having a great year in a pro league. Deni is not having such a great pro year.
He's 18 and tiny; he's been fine.
There are currently only 23 U-20 kids that have played at least 20 games in the KHL this year. Amongst this group, Denisenko has the third best .ppg pace, behind only Vesalainen and Kravtsov - both first rounders who are much bigger, stronger and also 6-12 months older than him. He's bounced around quite a bit - KHL, VHL, MHL, international tournaments. His production outside of the KHL has been good/excellent (let's not forget he was tied with Hepo for most points at the U-20 WJC.)

We drafted him as a project and he is still just that. The scouts that love Denisenko's upsite point to his tools and compare him to Nikita Kucherov. And the thing is, Kucherov wasn't setting the world on fire at this age either - he went 1+4 in 18 KHL games in his draft+1 year, which is comparable to Denisenko's 4+2 in 26 games. Both of them produced much better against lesser competition; Kucherov in the MHL, Denisenko on the international stage.
Denisenko also had 3 points in 6 KHL playoff games, which is very good.

Next year is when I want to see better production from him.

(FWIW I'm also pretty high on Hepo - absolutely love his vision and playmaking.)

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Am I the only one who doesn’t get the Denisenko hype? To me, Hepo is way more impressive
Denisenko has a much more unique toolset than hepo but hasn’t pieced it all together. Hepo has disgusting hockey sense and puts up numbers. I would definitely say Denisenko has a higher ceiling but is much more unlikely to reach it.

Reactions: RainingRats

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

Denisenko has way more tools at his disposal. His skill set is basically Kucherov. Elite shooter passer puckhandler. Hepo is pure playmaker not fast/shifty for size. High iq. Hepo continues to produce tho which is encouraging. He is much closer to nhl ready than denisenko but their tools aren’t particularly close

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Denisenko has way more tools at his disposal. His skill set is basically Kucherov. Elite shooter passer puckhandler. Hepo is pure playmaker not fast/shifty for size. High iq. Hepo continues to produce tho which is encouraging. He is much closer to nhl ready than denisenko but their tools aren’t particularly close
Right. I get that part. Just seems like 6th overall is extremely high considering the pool of talent

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Right. I get that part. Just seems like 6th overall is extremely high considering the pool of talent
If they’re going by high end upside then yes Denis should be super high. If he pieces it all together you have a superstar forward. He reminds me so much of Panarin. Don’t see the Kuch comparison in my opinion.

Reactions: RainingRats

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Yes it is high. But that’s one publication. Also you might be underrating his tools. They are as high end as it gets. Of course he will need to work and have the drive to translate that to mhm success but there aren’t many that his combo of offensive tools in the nhl yet alone prospect wise

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
If they’re going by high end upside then yes Denis should be super high. If he pieces it all together you have a superstar forward. He reminds me so much of Panarin. Don’t see the Kuch comparison in my opinion.
He’s a much better goal scorer tool wise than panarin. Way more comparable to kuch imo

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Hepo is definitely a shifty player and he has good speed. Not a burner but he has Gaudreau edges.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
He’s a much better goal scorer tool wise than panarin. Way more comparable to kuch imo
How so? Panarin has an explosive shot he just doesn’t use it as much. Kuch is arguably the best player in the league right now. Kuch was also a huge triggerman. Denisenko has excellent passing ability and a good shot but just not on the level of Kuch which is ok Becuase he’s a phenomenal player. Kuch shoots the puck on a different tier in my opinion.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
How so? Panarin has an explosive shot he just doesn’t use it as much. Kuch is arguably the best player in the league right now. Kuch was also a huge triggerman. Denisenko has excellent passing ability and a good shot but just not on the level of Kuch which is ok Becuase he’s a phenomenal player. Kuch shoots the puck on a different tier in my opinion.
Well yes right now but den has the tools to develope that. Panarin is much more a playmaker. Den is more rounded offensively.

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Imagine Borg centering a line of (possibly)Hepo and Tippett next year, and either one of Noel or Denisenko coming in to replace either dadonov or Hoffman the year after that. That's a distinct possibility.

Hire Q

Panarin Barkov Dadonov

Huby Tro Hoffman

Hepo Borg Tippett

Hawk Sheahan Vatrano

Yandle Trouba

Weegar Ekblad

Matheson Brown

Montembeault(He's earned the shot, IMO)

Luongo(if he decides to retire, then the best UFA available: Mrazek, Smith, Miller, Elliot etc)

If Hepo isn't ready, you move Hawk to the 3rd line LW to give that line an edge, and Bring up Greco to play 4th line LW

Reactions: CHGoalie27

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Imagine Borg centering a line of (possibly)Hepo and Tippett next year, and either one of Noel or Denisenko coming in to replace either dadonov or Hoffman the year after that. That's a distinct possibility.

Hire Q

Panarin Barkov Dadonov

Huby Tro Hoffman

Hepo Borg Tippett

Hawk Sheahan Vatrano

Yandle Trouba

Weegar Ekblad

Matheson Brown

Montembeault(He's earned the shot, IMO)

Luongo(if he decides to retire, then the best UFA available: Mrazek, Smith, Miller, Elliot etc)

If Hepo isn't ready, you move Hawk to the 3rd line LW to give that line an edge, and Bring up Greco to play 4th line LW
Matheson on the 3rd pair? Ohhhhh..... Coach Q. I got you....

Reactions: Mase

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Tippett had another big day.

His 8th goal and two assists (5th and 6th) now has him at 14pts in 6 games with 20mins to go.

Continues to lead goal scorers and now tied with Bouchard for most points

The goal:

Anyone still doubting he has 30 goal potential in him?

That kids wrister is Sakic-like leathal, IMO.

I think the bottom-line question regarding Tippett is this: Do you move him for immediate defensive help and keep the proven asset in Hoffman, or do you move Hoffman for immediate defensive help and keep the "potential" asset in Tippett? Ahhhh such is the life of a GM and his job, lol.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Tippett had another big day.

His 8th goal and two assists (5th and 6th) now has him at 14pts in 6 games with 20mins to go.

Continues to lead goal scorers and now tied with Bouchard for most points

The goal:

Anyone still doubting he has 30 goal potential in him?

Honestly this is kind of a relief, I expected him to dominate the regular season like this but MIS wasnt as good as expected and he had a learning curve after the deal.

Hoping for a big AHL season next year as he adjusts to the pro grind.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Honestly this is kind of a relief, I expected him to dominate the regular season like this but MIS wasnt as good as expected and he had a learning curve after the deal.

Hoping for a big AHL season next year as he adjusts to the pro grind.

MIS was made up of Tippett and McLeod. Saginaw is loaded full of talent now like MIS was two years ago when they went deep in playoffs. Tippett has adapted to any new team whether CAN at WJC or SAG and now has exploded with less responsibility to play his game. When I watched him in MIS the last two years, he was sluggish from playing too much, he looks energized in SAG with less grueling minutes. Really see a lot of Hoffman in him but he's way more sturdy on his skates. Doesn't get knocked off the puck and protects it well, though he's not overly gritty/physical.

I'm sure he'll get middle six minutes and tons of PP time in SPR. Probably best suited with a 2 way type C and decent playmaker, not sure who fills those slots down there. Hepo would be a good start for the playmaking winger if he comes over next year, hoping they could develop some chemistry together and become part of the 3rd line for the 2020-21 season. Pair them with Trocheck or Borgstrom when they're ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad