Prospect Info: 2018-2019 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

danktopshelf

Dec 23, 2014
NYC
That kids wrister is Sakic-like leathal, IMO.

I think the bottom-line question regarding Tippett is this: Do you move him for immediate defensive help and keep the proven asset in Hoffman, or do you move Hoffman for immediate defensive help and keep the "potential" asset in Tippett? Ahhhh such is the life of a GM and his job, lol.
Move Hoffman. Tippett's gonna be a player

Reactions: Mase

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Most WPG don't want a winger as the main asset in a trade, they are stocked there. It's a C or RD they want

I don't think it's that big of a deal. That's more armchair GMing than anything by Jets fans. If the value is there I bet Chevy pulls the trigger whether it's a winger or C or whatever, he can always flip guys around.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I don't think it's that big of a deal. That's more armchair GMing than anything by Jets fans. If the value is there I bet Chevy pulls the trigger whether it's a winger or C or whatever, he can always flip guys around.

Good point. Don't see where they can fit a C anyhow unless they move Little who just signed a longterm deal. What do they do with Hayes? Can they afford to let both him and Stastny walk giving up valued picks. I wouldn't cave for WPG demands. Feel the 2019 1st/Denisneko + Pysyk + 2020 2nd for Trouba is fair. Pretty standard value for a guy that is a year away from UFA. If Trouba hits UFA, we would have a good chance at him anyhow without giving up assets.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Good point. Don't see where they can fit a C anyhow unless they move Little who just signed a longterm deal. What do they do with Hayes? Can they afford to let both him and Stastny walk giving up valued picks. I wouldn't cave for WPG demands. Feel the 2019 1st/Denisneko + Pysyk + 2020 2nd for Trouba is fair. Pretty standard value for a guy that is a year away from UFA. If Trouba hits UFA, we would have a good chance at him anyhow without giving up assets.

Trouba can force their arm pretty hard now. If he goes to arbitration the second time I could see them very well pull the trigger on something like that, Pysyk would be a third pairing replacement for them and the first rounder always has value especially a top 15 one.

To me that's a totally sound offer.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Trouba can force their arm pretty hard now. If he goes to arbitration the second time I could see them very well pull the trigger on something like that, Pysyk would be a third pairing replacement for them and the first rounder always has value especially a top 15 one.

To me that's a totally sound offer.

Tried to explain that to their fans but they obviously want HIGH value just as we would want the same if it was Ekblad.
Stone went for 15th overall D man, now Brannstrom is legit, so is Denisenko.
Trouba has more value because of the full year so Pysyk and 2nd/3rd rounder fills the gap.

Someone gotta tweet Dale this stuff

Reactions: Mase and Kellyr

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Tried to explain that to their fans but they obviously want HIGH value just as we would want the same if it was Ekblad.
Stone went for 15th overall D man, now Brannstrom is legit, so is Denisenko.
Trouba has more value because of the full year so Pysyk and 2nd/3rd rounder fills the gap.

Someone gotta tweet Dale this stuff

Yeah but Ek isn't going anywhere whereas Trouba probably is leaving anyway. I don't see a lot of leverage based on the history Trouba has with the Jets. He also wants 7-8 million, there's a lot of value just soaking up that cap space for a team that doesn't have it.

edit

and soaking up cap space for any team is valuable.

the Smith trade should be a prime example of that.

I think the Jets fans will be disappointed with the return.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yeah but Ek isn't going anywhere whereas Trouba probably is leaving anyway. I don't see a lot of leverage based on the history Trouba has with the Jets. He also wants 7-8 million, there's a lot of value just soaking up that cap space for a team that doesn't have it.

edit

and soaking up cap space for any team is valuable.

the Smith trade should be a prime example of that.

I think the Jets fans will be disappointed with the return.

Oh I agree Ek isn't leaving, just meant if we knew he was not sticking around like Trouba.

We've seen what the going rate for a top 2-3 D in McDonaugh and I'm sure Trouba will be similar. His list of teams to re-sign will really limit Chevy's options. 6-7 teams max.

As much as I like WPGs makeup, they dont look as good this year. They may not even make it out of 1st/2nd round this year and that may be enough for Trouba to bounce..STL looks legit right now. I wouldn't wanna play them 1st round.

Anywho, @SoupyFIN is gonna kill me for derailing this thread, head over to offseason one to chat.

Reactions: Mase and Kellyr

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@letsgrowcactus , Big Christmas is finally shooting and scoring, two goals tonight (2nd and 3rd), Generals trying to avoid going down 3-0 in the series and currently up 4-1 late in 3rd period. Noel knows how to celly!! 3g and 7pts in 7 games.

Tippett has a goal and two assists tonight (now has 9g/17pts in 7 games) in a wild game where SSM was up 3-0 then SAG scored 5 of the next 7 goals to make it 5-5. Tippett assisted on the 6-5 go ahead goal by shooting wide intentionally and his teammate cleaned up the rebound and then scored the EN goal to make it 7-5.
Saginaw looking to go up 3-0 in the series and probably end up facing London for the West final

Last edited:

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
You gotta think between Tippett, Hepo, Noel and Denisenko that at least one or two will be impact players for us hopefully. 60+ point guys. Noel may not have the same offensive ceiling, but he seems to have a pretty well rounded skill set.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
You gotta think between Tippett, Hepo, Noel and Denisenko that at least one or two will be impact players for us hopefully. 60+ point guys. Noel may not have the same offensive ceiling, but he seems to have a pretty well rounded skill set.

Yeah ! That's why we have to trade one of them now asap for some defenceman...

For those who don't know my opinion yet, that was sarcasm. ;)

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013

Tippett is 100% ready. His really matured this year and I would be shocked if he doesn't make the team. Noel is getting there, but I think he does start in the NHL. Hepo could go wither way but I'm fine if tries one more Liga campaign or comes to the AHL.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
In a series that has Jason Robertson, Jack Studnicka, Ivan Lodnia, Allan McShane, Ben Jones, Anthony Salinitri, Brandon Saigeon, Akil Thomas etc, Serron Noel has been BY FAR the best player in each of the last 2 games. He's attacking with such speed and has been increasingly physical. Also 2 great passes last night for assists, and should've had a 3rd

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
In a series that has Jason Robertson, Jack Studnicka, Ivan Lodnia, Allan McShane, Ben Jones, Anthony Salinitri, Brandon Saigeon, Akil Thomas etc, Serron Noel has been BY FAR the best player in each of the last 2 games. He's attacking with such speed and has been increasingly physical. Also 2 great passes last night for assists, and should've had a 3rd

Ya hes been way more confident this year! Just updated his prospect page! Keeping an eye on him and Tippett.

Anything he truly needs to work on outside getting stronger and skating (not that he hasnt improved but you can always work on it)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad