Prospect Info: 2018-2019 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Yeah ! That's why we have to trade one of them now asap for some defenceman...

For those who don't know my opinion yet, that was sarcasm. ;)
Do you think all will be impact nhl players?

Do you think there all going to be better than what a legit top 4 d would bring to this team?

Of course you don’t. Because you know there’s no chance all develop into impact nhl talent. And you know how valuable a top 4 d is

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Do you think there all going to be better than what a legit top 4 d would bring to this team?

Of course you don’t. Because you know there’s no chance all develop into impact nhl talent. And you know how valuable a top 4 d is

So out of the top 4 forward prospects (OT, AH, GD and SN) who would you trade in a package for that top 4 D?

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Ya hes been way more confident this year! Just updated his prospect page! Keeping an eye on him and Tippett.

Anything he truly needs to work on outside getting stronger and skating (not that he hasnt improved but you can always work on it)?

Decision making and being stronger on the puck will need to improve for the next level. Right now he tries to go 1-on-3 and deke 3 defenders a lot, and he has a tendency of skating up the ice and trying to deke a guy with just one hand on his stick, which often works, but won't work at the NHL/AHL level. I would love to have him as a prospect if I'm an NHL team though. Very unique skillset for how big he is

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
So out of the top 4 forward prospects (OT, AH, GD and SN) who would you trade in a package for that top 4 D?
Depends on the D, but my ranking of the prospects is
AH
OT
GD
SN

So SN would go first then GD

It needs to be looked at from the point of view of how do we create the best possible team while we have core guys on cheap deals, especially if we are adding panarin and bob.

How close can we get to contender status?

D is then the missing piece and to build a winner and get a key piece, we should be willing to risk that a prospect could become a good nhl player.

We’d still have 3 plus this one we get this year. Not like we are hurting our prospect pool

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site

Impact ? No, obviously, we would be pretty lucky... NHL players ? All of them ? Without having the ability to really put a ceiling on those guys yet ? Yep. I do think they could be and I do think they are all on track with their current development so far.

Depends on the definition of a top-4 D... Noel has a package you rarely ever see in a prospect, Heponiemi is proving doubters wrong and producing at every level so far, Denisenko is perceived as a top-5 or top-10 prospect in the entire NHL with one of the more enticing offensive potential, and Tippett is a goal-scorer we've always needed, know the kid is dominating the OHL playoffs ?

So no, I wouldn't trade one of those kids for a Matheson or a Goligoski or a Manson... Never.

As I've said, if Ryan McDonagh is a top-4 defenseman like Goligoski, Manson or Trouba, we don't have the same definition of a top-4 D.

AH
OT
GD
SN

It needs to be looked at from the point of view of how do we create the best possible team while we have core guys on cheap deals, especially if we are adding panarin and bob.

D is then the missing piece and to build a winner and get a key piece, we should be willing to risk that a prospect could become a good nhl player.

We’d still have 3 plus this one we get this year. Not like we are hurting our prospect pool

I still don't see why you're so entilted to trading one of them away and claiming we wouldn't hurt our prospect-pool because we have a first-round pick.

The pick could be a bust, or even he could be great... The numbers are that he will probably be way worse than our current prospects.

As I've said you're clearly undervaluing our prospects, even Heponiemi at the top shows that... And I too believe he could be our best... But value-wise right now ? For our team and around the NHL... He isn't numero uno, and he shouldn't be.

You don't see how great PROSPECTS they are, even if they are only that, prospects, but they still are some of the best the NHL as to offer... They rarely go for a generic top-4 D.

Now if we're talking Trouba or Pietrangelo, I could understand... Just hope Dale sacrifices the good one and that he gets results immediately or that will be the last nail in my coffin.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Impact ? No, obviously, we would be pretty lucky... NHL players ? All of them ? Without having the ability to really put a ceiling on those guys yet ? Yep. I do think they could be and I do think they are all on track with their current development so far.

Depends on the definition of a top-4 D... Noel has a package you rarely ever see in a prospect, Heponiemi is proving doubters wrong and producing at every level so far, Denisenko is perceived as a top-5 or top-10 prospect in the entire NHL with one of the more enticing offensive potential, and Tippett is a goal-scorer we've always needed, know the kid is dominating the OHL playoffs ?

So no, I wouldn't trade one of those kids for a Matheson or a Goligoski or a Manson... Never.

As I've said, if Ryan McDonagh is a top-4 defenseman like Goligoski, Manson or Trouba, we don't have the same definition of a top-4 D.

I still don't see why you're so entilted to trading one of them away and claiming we wouldn't hurt our prospect-pool because we have a first-round pick.

The pick could be a bust, or even he could be great... The numbers are that he will probably be way worse than our current prospects.

As I've said you're clearly undervaluing our prospects, even Heponiemi at the top shows that... And I too believe he could be our best... But value-wise right now ? For our team and around the NHL... He isn't numero uno, and he shouldn't be.

You don't see how great PROSPECTS they are, even if they are only that, prospects, but they still are some of the best the NHL as to offer... They rarely go for a generic top-4 D.
Every fan base thinks their prospects are can’t miss. They dream of their potential. It could take years before they show any impact.

We are no longer rebuilding. Assuming we add panarin and Bob, how do you plan on filling the hole in our d? Bank on Weegar? I genuinely think it would be a mistake not to trade a top prospect to get a d man. We have a core in their prime. Let’s go all in. One prospect will not make or break or franchise

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
AH
OT
GD
SN

You putting hungry hungry Hepo ahead because he played pro this year? I can agree to that.
Who's more NHL ready out of him and Tippett though all things considered?

That'd be tough to lose SN for me, know he's got the least value right now but he has the best all around game imo.

For me, it'd be GD or AH. Hepo's skating worries me a bit, he needs to get close to Marner/Gaudreau type skating to make his full impact. I'd like to see a 4 horse race from end to end and back for all of these guys to see who has the better foot speed. Denisenko's year was least impressive for me, ya he shined at WJC but just didn't get enough minutes to make a huge impact. Next year should be better for him though, one would assume he stays in the KHL the whole year.

Hepo can move because if we get Panarin, we also have Barkov, Huberdeau, Dadonov Borgstrom and Tippett eventually as play-makers. Denny and Noel are pretty good at it too, feel Tippett is needed more especially if we lose Hoffman.

Heponiemi (mid to late 1st value) + 2019 2nd + Pysyk/Weegar/McCoshen would be enough no?
What player would you be drafting if we use the 2019 pick?

Last edited:

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Hepo scores in the Liiga playoffs... 1-1 after the third, now going into OT.

EDIT: And now he scored the GWG. His first multi-goal playoff game and he wins it for Karpat 2-1 :)
After today, Hepo has 3 goals in 9 playoff Liiga games.

First goal:

Second goal:

Last edited:

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Every fan base thinks their prospects are can’t miss. They dream of their potential. It could take years before they show any impact.

We are no longer rebuilding. Assuming we add panarin and Bob, how do you plan on filling the hole in our d? Bank on Weegar? I genuinely think it would be a mistake not to trade a top prospect to get a d man. We have a core in their prime. Let’s go all in. One prospect will not make or break or franchise

It's not every fan base's dreams... It's every professional publications and scouts that have all of them ranked pretty high... I bet it is the same through all offices in the NHL ! Just like it will take even more years from our next few first round PICKS to show any impact, yet they hold about the same value in a trade for a soon-to-be UFA or a signed top-4 defenceman. And you're still looking to tra our own kids !

Weegar will certainly be one of the guys battling for the last few spots yeah... Like some of our other depth prospects Brown and McCoshen, maybe some cheap veteran signings too... Let's go all in for sure !

Let's not be dumb and not trade what we don't have to trade for an upgrade ! :)

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
@letsgrowcactus :laugh: The pond is fully stocked at forward!! Maybe need some more C's though.

Who would you offer up out of the 4 in a package for a vet D?
Aww man. I'd really hate to part with any of the four, but if I absolutely had to pick one... maybe Hepo? I'd mourn though. I totally want to hoard all of them. Go away with your bigger picture and don't take away my prospects :P Of course I'd rather not trade our 1st either because there are several interesting guys we could pick... So, umm, maybe Chiarelli gets re-hired somewhere and we can trade him Malgin for a top 4 D? No?

I mean obviously we'll have to give up something of value if we want to trade for a D upgrade, but I'm all for ignoring that until we actually get there.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
AH
OT
GD
SN

I would trade hepo. No way I’m moving tippet Noel Or denisenko. Noel is too rare with his size physicality and skill combo. Something we severely lack

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Aww man. I'd really hate to part with any of the four, but if I absolutely had to pick one... maybe Hepo? I'd mourn though. I totally want to hoard all of them. Go away with your bigger picture and don't take away my prospects :P Of course I'd rather not trade our 1st either because there are several interesting guys we could pick... So, umm, maybe Chiarelli gets re-hired somewhere and we can trade him Malgin for a top 4 D? No?

I mean obviously we'll have to give up something of value if we want to trade for a D upgrade, but I'm all for ignoring that until we actually get there.

I would trade hepo. No way I’m moving tippet Noel Or denisenko. Noel is too rare with his size physicality and skill combo. Something we severely lack

And I don't think as such but some scouts think he could be the best of the bunch and I'm not ready to say otherwise... Let's go Hepo !

Those kids are really something !

Seen Denisenko's hat-trick ? You got it all here ! The relentless play around the net, the snipe, the dangles, the celly... He's got it all ! lol

Noel is so rare, this kind of package, obviously...

Heponiemi is still doing it this year, but with grown men, he keeps saying no to the doubters...

And Tippett... What can I say ? I wasn't the biggest fan, didn't believe at first... He has been much better than advertised IMO. Currently leading the OHL playoffs in goals... No GWG though... BUT... He's had 3 first goal of the game, and 3 insurance goals... And I'm only going by the stats with Owen here... His play is a total turn-around from when he was drafted !

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Dont you become a crazy cat lady :laugh:
Cant keep the whole litter, one will need to be offered up.

Ya other GMs may want more proven asset like Hepo over the 2019 1st anyhow, feel he has similar value to 13th overall anyhow. I've been reading more on Seider. Only thing that worries me is he's had two injuries already. One was a shoulder, not sure of the other one. Hoping that isnt a trend for him.

Dont think Soderstrom will fall to us at 13th. I have VAN, ANA and MIN taking him after Byram goes 5th-8th.

Hows some of the other FLA prospects doing? The Europeans? Or their seasons over?

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Dont you become a crazy cat lady :laugh:
Cant keep the whole litter, one will need to be offered up.

Ya other GMs may want more proven asset like Hepo over the 2019 1st anyhow, feel he has similar value to 13th overall anyhow. I've been reading more on Seider. Only thing that worries me is he's had two injuries already. One was a shoulder, not sure of the other one. Hoping that isnt a trend for him.

Dont think Soderstrom will fall to us at 13th. I have VAN, ANA and MIN taking him after Byram goes 5th-8th.

Hows some of the other FLA prospects doing? The Europeans? Or their seasons over?
Soderstom would be nice but yeah, he'll probably be gone. York sounds interesting? Also really want to see more of Heinola - seems like an underrated name at the moment. I wish there was more info on Seider.

Which of our other guys do you have in mind?
Schutz (or his production) has slowed down in the second half of the season (being injured probably hasn't helped, though he produced just fine at the Division 1 WJC...). I really want to see him in a better league - the AlpsHL seems positively awful. Still wish we had used that pick on someone else - like Vehvilainen, who's been excellent in Liiga and will probably join his AHL squad next year.

Kinnunen's season seems to be over as well... Like I said before, I liked his play in Liiga but he was the youngest Dman on the team and got sent down as the playoff race got more intense around February or so. He's still my favorite of our 2018 picks after Denisenko and Noel - should hopefully play full-time in Liiga next year.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Soderstom would be nice but yeah, he'll probably be gone. York sounds interesting? Also really want to see more of Heinola - seems like an underrated name at the moment. I wish there was more info on Seider.

Which of our other guys do you have in mind?
Schutz (or his production) has slowed down in the second half of the season (being injured probably hasn't helped, though he produced just fine at the Division 1 WJC...). I really want to see him in a better league - the AlpsHL seems positively awful. Still wish we had used that pick on someone else - like Vehvilainen, who's been excellent in Liiga and will probably join his AHL squad next year.

Kinnunen's season seems to be over as well... Like I said before, I liked his play in Liiga but he was the youngest Dman on the team and got sent down as the playoff race got more intense around February or so. He's still my favorite of our 2018 picks after Denisenko and Noel - should hopefully play full-time in Liiga next year.

Ya Seider brings a ton of physicality and decent mobility for a bigger guy.
His prospect page isnt too detailed or lengthy so I agree, hard to fully gauge him.

Ya Kinnunen is the one I keep forgetting about. Sounds like a similar position Denisenko was in, just didnt get enough TOI for a good sample size.
He had encouraging numbers in junior leagues and good rookie year in pros if you pace it over a full year.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Tippett held without a point for 2nd straight game and SAG lose big, 6-2.
Figured SSM would make a series of it, SAG up 3-2 and should make for an interesting game 6 on Sunday.

Noel has the night off, plays tomorrow.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Looks like the Panthers had a ton of rookies debut this past season, can anyone give me some more insight into them? Really i'd like to know what kind of players they are and especially what their future NHL outlook is. Thanks a lot!

Jayce Hawryluk
Juho Lammikko
Anthony Greco
Riley Stillman
Bogdan Kiselevich
Jacob MacDonald
Brady Keeper
Josh Brown
Sam Montembeault

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@Legionnaire11

Jayce Hawryluk - a good pest but needs to know when to shut it off to avoid taking dumb penalties. Spark plug bottom 6er, hard on the forecheck, hits everything in sight, PK capability, and could put up 25-30pts on 3rd line if he plays a full 82 games.

Juho Lammikko - Was decent for a stretch and then kind of faded. Had a 4 assist game but just wasn't ready for the NHL grind yet. Could be an 13th forward option if we cut more salary on 4th line.

Anthony Greco - Only got one game and wasn't a good one for him, he has wheels, one of the fastest skaters in the AHL, may be a career AHLer as he's getting up there in age. Needs to have a strong camp to have a shot in the bottom 6.

Riley Stillman - Only got one NHL game as well, looked pretty good in his limited action. Needs another year in AHL before he has a shot at bottom pairing. Definitely a call up option with injuries though.

Bogdan Kiselevich - Was great on the bottom pairing, put up decent offense, all assists but played a sound defensive game but Boughner didn't play him enough and he sat out a lot of games leading up to trade deadline, where he was traded to WPG.

Jacob MacDonald - Seems to be a great AHL offensive defenseman, puts up a lot of his points on the PP. He's older at 26 but signed for one more year. Probably stays in SPR for AHL depth and don't see how he has a future here with Ekblad, Matheson and Yandle here, who are all offensive minded D.

Brady Keeper - 1 game showing as well, looked alright in his debut. Plays a physical game and has good skating. Pulling hard for this guy, has a pretty inspiring story to his NHL debut. Probably starts the year in AHL but could be a 6th/7th D based on camp.

Josh Brown - Pretty good for half his games, can hit, clear the net and fight if need be. Probably needs to work on his skating and getting more time on bottom pairing to improve his game. Don't think he'll ever be more than a bottom pairing guy.

Sam Montembeault - Shows flashes of #1 talent, handles the puck very well for a rookie. Very calm and poised in the net but can also send his 6'3 frame horizontally across the net to make the desperation save. Athletic and hungry to learn and work on his game. Went 4-0-1 to start his year but our forwards/defense let him down for most of his next 5-6 games. Could be backup if we sign Bobrovsky and Lu "retires"/LTIR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->