Prospect Info: 2018-2019 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Man you can’t jsut not root for the kid. He’s been through so much shit. I could’ve sworn that would’ve been his third super serious injury?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Big Christmas with an assist tonight, has 3 helpers in 4 games. Oshawa up 3-1 in their series

Tippett with his 5th goal tonight, Saginaw came back down 4-2 to tie and win it in OT 5-4 (sweeping Sarnia)

We may have to draft the GWG scorer from Saginaw, his name......Blade Jenkins. No lie. BLADE!!

Reactions: Ghoste

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Big Christmas with an assist tonight, has 3 helpers in 4 games. Oshawa up 3-1 in their series

Tippett with his 5th goal tonight, Saginaw came back down 4-2 to tie and win it in OT 5-4 (sweeping Sarnia)

We may have to draft the GWG scorer from Saginaw, his name......Blade Jenkins. No lie. BLADE!!
Always draft a guy named blade. Always. And it’s not debatable

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Curious why Hayton has dropped from 5 to 9?

As much as I love Denny and Big Christmas Noel, still disappointed we didn't take Dobson (could have traded up 3 spots) or Wilde with one of the picks, felt this was a good draft to get some RD with top 4 potential.
Hayton was seen as a huge reach by Arizona - most pre-draft rankings had him at 10-15; the highest he was ranked was 7th by Button but one ranking also had him as low as 23rd. So I wouldn't really see it as him dropping - if anything, this validates the pick by Arizona to some degree.

It's awesome to see Denisenko repeatedly ranked this high.

I agree with you in that I wish we could have grabbed a D earlier in the draft because this was a great year for defencemen. That said if both Denisenko and Noel hit their potential, this will be an excellent draft for us.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Hayton was seen as a huge reach by Arizona - most pre-draft rankings had him at 10-15; the highest he was ranked was 7th by Button but one ranking also had him as low as 23rd. So I wouldn't really see it as him dropping - if anything, this validates the pick by Arizona to some degree.

It's awesome to see Denisenko repeatedly ranked this high.

I agree with you in that I wish we could have grabbed a D earlier in the draft because this was a great year for defencemen. That said if both Denisenko and Noel hit their potential, this will be an excellent draft for us.

Now that you say that, do remember the TSN guys talking about Hayton. They tend to go off the board a bit. Denisenko needs more ice time in KHL next year, no more of this bouncing around. Give the kid the chance to show his offensive skills, won't look for him to be a 2 way guy anyhow. We have players that can make up for his defensive faults.

Even more reason I'm on board with trading the 2019 1st for immediate RD help. With guys like Weegar, Brown and Keeper, our bottom pairing is fine. Don't know if either of those 3 can become a legit #3/4.

This draft only has Byram in the top 5 no? Who/How are the D around our assumed spot of 8-13th doing so far?

Last edited:

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Now that you say that, do remember the TSN guys talking about Hayton. They tend to go off the board a bit. Denisenko needs more ice time in KHL next year, no more of this bouncing around. Give the kid the chance to show his offensive skills, won't look for him to be a 2 way guy anyhow. We have players that can make up for his defensive faults.

Even more reason I'm on board with trading the 2019 1st for immediate RD help. With guys like Weegar, Brown and Keeper, our bottom pairing is fine. Don't know if either of those 3 can become a legit #3/4.

This draft only has Byram in the top 5 no? Who/How are the D around our assumed spot of 8-13th doing so far?
Yes, Byram should be an early pick, likely to anywhere go betwen 3-6.
There are other notable names like Seider, Soderstrom, Broberg, Cam York... one or two could go top 10, or they could drop. Heinola also improved a lot in the second half of the season playing in Liiga and had very good playoffs (1st pairing, 4 points in 7 games) - he actually outproduced Heiskanen in his draft year and produced the 4th most points ever in Liiga by an U-18 defenceman (he projects as a "really smart two-way guy").
If you ask me, there probably is a 1st pairing guy not-named Byram in that first round, or at least several n.3 guys. The question is can we find and develop that guy.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad