Prospect Info: 2018-2019 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Hepo with two assists yesterday (one primary).

Kinnunen with two assists in Mestis, one of them primary on a shorthanded goal; now 1+12 in 21 Mestis games (this is quite solid - 7th .ppg pace amongst Mestis defencemen with 10+ GP).

Bednard with two wins on Friday and Saturday, gave up two goals in both games (23 saves on 25 shots and 25 saves on 27 shots). Was the third star yesterday; "enemy team" had seven power plays, he let in one PP goal.

Springfield wins on Friday 3-2, loses in OT 2-3 yesterday. Driedger continues to be solid in net (91.9 SVS%, 2.64 GAA, a record of 10-7-1-1). In the two games, Greco had a goal and an assist; Jean-Sebastien Dea also 1+1, Repo had a goal, Lammikko had an assist, McDonald with an assist.

Tippett with an ENG on Friday and three assists on Saturday.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Is @ThePatientPanther holding you hostage? :naughty:

NpG.gif
#25-30goalsforfirecrotchinhisprime

Reactions: Kellyr

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Is @ThePatientPanther holding you hostage? :naughty:

It shouldn't be that disappointing. He's producing the same pace as last year in juniors, I'd give him a year in the ahl easily to see what he can do with top minutes against professionals.
His pace could be better if he's getting less ice time. I don't know if the OHL tracks that, but it would be good to see his pts/60

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
There’s a really good article featuring Serron Noel in the Athletic. Lot’s of interviews from coaches and his personal skating coach talking about how tirelessly he’s worked on his speed and skating while putting on muscle. Apparently he also works with the same skating team in the offseason that Mcdavid and taylor hall use. This kid could be an absolute tank for us if he puts it all together.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
First career KHL playoff point for Denisenko (an assist on a lone PP goal as his teams loses high 6-1). Played four KHL playoff games this year so far, four last year. Also played one playoff game in the MHL this year where he scored a goal.

I only watched the last twenty minutes when the score was already loopsided 4-1; didn't stand out, though saw a nice move or two from him; looked quite aggresive on the offence, still gets overpowered by bigger guys, his defence left me unimpressed but then again the whole team looked lost there so tough to really judge that.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
AHL:

SPR somehow staying alive in the playoff race with a 2-1 OTW tonight. 5-3-1-1 in their last 10 and 4pts back of 8th (currently sit 12th with 12 games to go)

Mangene with his 7th from Bystrom (23rd assist) and Lammikko (9th helper)
Greco scores the winner, his 23rd of the season
Driedger with another stellar performance stopping 38/39 to improve his record to 12-8-1 with a 2.55 GAA and .922 sv %.

OHL:

Noel with his 46th assist in a 6-1 win, now just two points shy of 80 for the season with only one game to go before playoffs.

Tippett with the night off.

College:

Bednard wins again, BG routs NMU 6-1 and he turns away 26/27 shots.

Finkelstein with an assist in a 5-4 loss.

Gildon held pointless in a 5-4 loss, his offense has seemed to dry up a bit but UNH isn't having a great season.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
AHL:

SPR somehow staying alive in the playoff race with a 2-1 OTW tonight. 5-3-1-1 in their last 10 and 4pts back of 8th (currently sit 12th with 12 games to go)

Mangene with his 7th from Bystrom (23rd assist) and Lammikko (9th helper)
Greco scores the winner, his 23rd of the season
Driedger with another stellar performance stopping 38/39 to improve his record to 12-8-1 with a 2.55 GAA and .922 sv %.

OHL:

Noel with his 46th assist in a 6-1 win, now just two points shy of 80 for the season with only one game to go before playoffs.

Tippett with the night off.

College:

Bednard wins again, BG routs NMU 6-1 and he turns away 26/27 shots.

Finkelstein with an assist in a 5-4 loss.

Gildon held pointless in a 5-4 loss, his offense has seemed to dry up a bit but UNH isn't having a great season.
TPP, the AHL chooses simply the four best teams from each division... no wildcards. Springfield is out unless they do something crazy like a twelve game win streak while the teams aheead of them falter. It's a shame because if this was a wildcard system they might still have a chance, but the Atlantic is the strongest of all four divisions, which means they're pretty much screwed.

Speaking of Noel... the kid stopped shooting again, averaging 1.7 SOG over the past thirteen games. He's also on a bit of a cold streak - just four assists, no goals in the past eight games. Ah well.

Last edited:

scoob8888

Sep 28, 2017
TPP, the AHL chooses simply the four best teams from each division... no wildcards. Springfield is out unless they do something crazy like a twelve game win streak while the teams aheead of them falter. It's a shame because if this was a wildcard system they might still have a chance, but the Atlantic is the strongest of all four divisions, which means they're pretty much screwed.

Speaking of Noel... the kid stopped shooting again, averaging 1.7 SOG over the past thirteen games. He's also on a bit of a cold streak - just four assists, no goals in the past eight games. Ah well.
7 points behind Providence for the last spot with 12 games left and the Baby B's have a game in hand. Roughly in the same position as their parent club is at the moment.

NewHampshire

Mar 25, 2015

Prior to dropping a four-spot last night, UNH had scored eight goals in the previous seven games. They've been playing much better competition of late and the slump is team-wide. The top F's have really dried up...

Gildon still 1-1-2 in that span, better than most...

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

:facepalm: I gotta stop working 60hr work weeks. Was even looking at the standings from the previous year and should have seen/known that. Well if @SoupyFIN or @EnforceTheLaus ever ask me who my vote would be for a new mod, it's definitely you LGC, you are quite the little know it all :neener:

Letsgrowcatcus.gif

A mighty superstar among all the guys around here!

I'm the goalie in this gif, we know who you are :cheers:

Reactions: CHGoalie27

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
:facepalm: I gotta stop working 60hr work weeks. Was even looking at the standings from the previous year and should have seen/known that. Well if @SoupyFIN or @EnforceTheLaus ever ask me who my vote would be for a new mod, it's definitely you LGC, you are quite the little know it all :neener:

View attachment 200441

You're the goalie in the gif??

NewHampshire

Mar 25, 2015
UNH - gassed after last nights double OT opener - is getting pasted by UMass tonight, 6-0 through two. UNH has allowed 11 goals in 6+ periods this weekend, but Gildon on the ice for just two of those despite big minutes played.

He - and FLA - will have a decision to make, with that process beginning in less than 20 minutes...

Barring any last minute scoring - and still assuming he does depart this summer, he'd finish his UNH career with 14-30--44 in 66 games. One point behind the co-leading scorers for UNH over the past two seasons combined (both F's)...

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
UNH - gassed after last nights double OT opener - is getting pasted by UMass tonight, 6-0 through two. UNH has allowed 11 goals in 6+ periods this weekend, but Gildon on the ice for just two of those despite big minutes played.

He - and FLA - will have a decision to make, with that process beginning in less than 20 minutes...

Barring any last minute scoring - and still assuming he does depart this summer, he'd finish his UNH career with 14-30--44 in 66 games. One point behind the co-leading scorers for UNH over the past two seasons combined (both F's)...

I'd assume both him and Bednard (BGS goalie) will be signed later this month and will head to Springfield next year to strengthen a team that needs more skill. They're getting better but it'd be nice to have both our pro affiliates make the playoffs.
Overall, what should he focus on fixing in the AHL? We know the offense potential is there.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Going to be really disappointing if he doesnt end up being a reliable/permanent figure in our top 9 next season.
It would be if you have such crazy high expectations. Let's see how he does in the A first. Hunt scored a ton of goals in lower leagues as well until he hit the AHL. He is now finally having some success with a couple goals after much time spent finding his game and becoming a better all around player. Don't expect Tippet to show up and replace Hoffman anytime soon....

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017

View attachment 200441

Oh man don't, hockey is like my procrastionation method and really shouldn't feed it even more. Thanks for the vote of confidence though.
Also cute gif is cute :D

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
So yeah, Gildon's team gets eliminated as predicted (no change in the score). Gildon finishes the season with 21 points (6+15) in 31 games; team leader finished with 24 points so this is probably as good as it gets (he was also still one of the youngest guys on the team).

Meanwhile, after losing the previous game in OT, this time Boston College wins 4-3 in OT and forces game three. Finkelstein has a primary assist (good for 9th point in 18 GP), but more importantly Hutsko has a big night (1+2 for 3 points), scoring the OT winner and being named first star of the game. BTW, this was Hutsko's first goal in the past 20 (!) games. A third game on Sunday will decide who advances.

Hutsko goal here:

In another game, Bednard helps his team advance and this time he does get busy! They finally win 2-1 in the second overtime, he is on ice for over 82 minutes and stops 40 out of 41 shots (both goalies were excellent BTW; other guy stopped 41/43). The one goal Bednard gave up came on the PP, so he didn't allow any 5-on-5 goals. Excellent performance by him.

In the OHL, Tippet with an assist in a 5-2 loss.

Last edited:

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
It would be if you have such crazy high expectations. Let's see how he does in the A first. Hunt scored a ton of goals in lower leagues as well until he hit the AHL. He is now finally having some success with a couple goals after much time spent finding his game and becoming a better all around player. Don't expect Tippet to show up and replace Hoffman anytime soon....

Hunt scored the majority of his goals and points in his 5th junior season and was also undrafted. Expectations are way different in this case...I’m fully expecting Tippett to make the team or be a final cut next season. I don’t mind if he spends some time in the AHL at all, but he’s definitely a prospect that could jump right to NHL and have an impact.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
So yeah, Gildon's team gets eliminated as predicted (no change in the score). Gildon finishes the season with 21 points (6+15) in 31 games; team leader finished with 24 points so this is probably as good as it gets (he was also still one of the youngest guys on the team).

Meanwhile, after losing the previous game in OT, this time Boston College wins 4-3 in OT and forces game three. Finkelstein has a primary assist (good for 9th point in 18 GP), but more importantly Hutsko has a big night (1+2 for 3 points), scoring the OT winner and being named first star of the game. BTW, this was Hutsko's first goal in the past 20 (!) games. A third game on Sunday will decide who advances.

Hutsko goal here:

In another game, Bednard helps his team advance and this time he does get busy! They finally win 2-1 in the second overtime, he is on ice for over 82 minutes and stops 40 out of 41 shots (both goalies were excellent BTW; other guy stopped 41/43). The one goal Bednard gave up came on the PP, so he didn't allow any 5-on-5 goals. Excellent performance by him.

In the OHL, Tippet with an assist in a 5-2 loss.

Man bednard just makes saves. Can't wait to see him this year in camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad