Prospect Info: 2018-2019 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Guys really struggling to score tonight. Greco struggling speed but no finish lots of chances for scoring. Ang one if his weakest games.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Guys really struggling to score tonight. Greco struggling speed but no finish lots of chances for scoring. Ang one if his weakest games.

Looks like they're surviving on the PP alot like FLA. Feel for Montembeault, he was having a solid start to the year, the team was on a tear and now he's 0-6-2 in his last 8 starts, all with 3, 4 or even 5 goals against, the other game was the night he was pulled with 3 GA on 5 shots. No young goalie would survive getting outshot every night, he's had like 6-7 games with 40+ shots against. Tippett and Heponiemi may join them next year, could definitely bring more offense to the team.

They went from 2nd and 3rd in the EAST to 13th in under 2 months. Ouch!

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Looks like they're surviving on the PP alot like FLA. Feel for Montembeault, he was having a solid start to the year, the team was on a tear and now he's 0-6-2 in his last 8 starts, all with 3, 4 or even 5 goals against, the other game was the night he was pulled with 3 GA on 5 shots. No young goalie would survive getting outshot every night, he's had like 6-7 games with 40+ shots against. Tippett and Heponiemi may join them next year, could definitely bring more offense to the team.

They went from 2nd and 3rd in the EAST to 13th in under 2 months. Ouch!
Agreed, PP does look better than it has in a while. Looks the same to me as Florida have to wonder if it is the system at all.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Not much in Europe - Hepo's team lost 8-1 on Thursday (wasn't on ice for any ES goal against); Denisenko held pointless on Friday. Kinnunen sent down to Mestis as the team acquires an older, experienced vet D (he had a primary assist yesterday in a 4-2 win.)

College:
Bednard's team slaughters their opponent 8-0 with 39-14 SOG. He clearly didn't get much work but still a shutout is a shutout. Now 92.7 save%, 1.76 GAA, three shutouts, 14-5-2 record for the season.

Finkelstein has two secondary assists for the night in a 3-4 loss, wasn't on ice for any goals against. After being pointless in his first five games with BC, now has 6 points (1+5) in the last six games, playing first pairing for them. Hutsko out (he's hurt).

Cole Krygier has a primary assist on the GWG. An offensive Dman he is not - 1+3 in 21 season games so far. Interestingly, his PIM are drastically down from his previous season in the USHL - just 16 PIM in 21 college games.

It really sucks to see SPR freefalling. I mean it's not entirely surprising - we took away Borgstrom, Hawryluk, two of their D... Still I really hoped to see them make the playoffs :(

Last edited:

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
It really sucks to see SPR freefalling. I mean it's not entirely surprising - we took away Borgstrom, Hawryluk, two of their D... Still I really hoped to see them make the playoffs :(

If Dale goes on to a big shopping/trade spree on 1st of July, SPR might be a bit better in the next season even though the Panthers took away a lot of talent from them this season. One has to be realistic about the playoffs: they shouldn't try to make a bid for a playoff spot if they are only going to get spanked in every single game.

If Tallon manages to find a decent top4 RD for the Panthers, that could mean that Pysyk might get buried to the SPR. Stillman, MacDonald, Bystrom, Schemitch and Pysyk should be a pretty good defense. High end talent is ofc missing but, as always, as soon as they got good enough they get promoted to the big show.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
If Dale goes on to a big shopping/trade spree on 1st of July, SPR might be a bit better in the next season even though the Panthers took away a lot of talent from them this season. One has to be realistic about the playoffs: they shouldn't try to make a bid for a playoff spot if they are only going to get spanked in every single game.

If Tallon manages to find a decent top4 RD for the Panthers, that could mean that Pysyk might get buried to the SPR. Stillman, MacDonald, Bystrom, Schemitch and Pysyk should be a pretty good defense. High end talent is ofc missing but, as always, as soon as they got good enough they get promoted to the big show.
No way Pysyk gets buried in Springfield. Even if we decide to move on, he wouldn't make it through waivers - there's always some team that would grab him for their third pairing. If he's redundant, trade him for a pick or something.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
No way Pysyk gets buried in Springfield. Even if we decide to move on, he wouldn't make it through waivers - there's always some team that would grab him for their third pairing. If he's redundant, trade him for a pick or something.

There's more than enough of guys like him on the market who cost significantly less. If Spooner can end up in the AHL then Pysyk is a guaranteed case.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
There's more than enough of guys like him on the market who cost significantly less. If Spooner can end up in the AHL then Pysyk is a guaranteed case.
Spooner an undersized forward that costs 4 mill and has 5 points in 41 NHL games this year. He sucked on the Rangers, then sucked on the Oilers, thus, he got waived.
Pysyk is a serviceable bottom pairing defenceman. At 2.7 mill he's somewhat overpaid for that role but it's manageable. Next year will be the last year of his contract. You waive him, someone would take the risk at him.
Anyway let's keep the focus on our prospects since this is the prospects thread...

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Not much in Europe - Hepo's team lost 8-1 on Thursday (wasn't on ice for any ES goal against); Denisenko held pointless on Friday. Kinnunen sent down to Mestis as the team acquires an older, experienced vet D (he had a primary assist yesterday in a 4-2 win.)

College:
Bednard's team slaughters their opponent 8-0 with 39-14 SOG. He clearly didn't get much work but still a shutout is a shutout. Now 92.7 save%, 1.76 GAA, three shutouts, 14-5-2 record for the season.

Finkelstein has two secondary assists for the night in a 3-4 loss, wasn't on ice for any goals against. After being pointless in his first five games with BC, now has 6 points (1+5) in the last six games, playing first pairing for them. Hutsko out (he's hurt).

Cole Krygier has a primary assist on the GWG. An offensive Dman he is not - 1+3 in 21 season games so far. Interestingly, his PIM are drastically down from his previous season in the USHL - just 16 PIM in 21 college games.

Its not the defense as much as the forwards unable to generate any scoring AT ALL.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Saturday:
Bednard with a 3-3 tie, stopped 26/29 shots.
Hepo had an assist; 13+24 for 37 points in 41 games.
Tippett and Noel faced each other; Noel had an assist in his team's 5-1 win.

Sunday:
Kinnunen recorded a goal and assist in Mestis in a 3-0 win (8 points in 14 games there.)

SPR finally wins one - beats BabyBruins 5-1. Wideman has two goals and an assist; MacDonald and Greco had a goal, Hunt and Schemitsch had assists. That said they're most likely out of the race, which is what happens when you suck for a prolonged period of time - team lost six in a row and wasn't setting the world on fire even before that :(

FinlandPanther

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Saturday:
Bednard with a 3-3 tie, stopped 26/29 shots.
Hepo had an assist; 13+24 for 37 points in 41 games.
Tippett and Noel faced each other; Noel had an assist in his team's 5-1 win.

Sunday:
Kinnunen recorded a goal and assist in Mestis in a 3-0 win (8 points in 14 games there.)

SPR finally wins one - beats BabyBruins 5-1. Wideman has two goals and an assist; MacDonald and Greco had a goal, Hunt and Schemitsch had assists. That said they're most likely out of the race, which is what happens when you suck for a prolonged period of time - team lost six in a row and wasn't setting the world on fire even before that :(
Kinnunen is very interesting to me. 7th round pick with great numbers as a D. I think at the very least we have a bottom pair D with potential to be a top 4. Excellent pick. He was doing pretty well in Liiga as well.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Kinnunen is very interesting to me. 7th round pick with great numbers as a D. I think at the very least we have a bottom pair D with potential to be a top 4. Excellent pick. He was doing pretty well in Liiga as well.
Agreed. I like what I'm seeing from him.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Liked how Springfield played last night. The wingers need to start scoring. Hoping for a run this weekend.
Defenders scoring is great but the offense needs to step it up.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Liked how Springfield played last night. The wingers need to start scoring. Hoping for a run this weekend.
Defenders scoring is great but the offense needs to step it up.

If you're going to watch more SPR games, can you focus in on Repo for me? Please and Thank you.
Feel him and Hawryluk can make Sceviour expendable next year. Need to cut as much money as possible and Hawk is producing better stats in less TOI. Along with Greco and Repo being possible injury call-ups, making Colton even more of an expense we don't need. Only been stat watching but just feel he plays with an edge as well, should finish the year with 13-14 goals and 22-25pts in his rookie season, similar to Hunt's first AHL year.

Sceviour on pace for 8 goals, 22pts in 74 games, 12:20 mins/game
Hawk is on pace for 8 goals, 12 pts in 46 games, 8:19 mins/game

Reactions: Multigrain

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
If you're going to watch more SPR games, can you focus in on Repo for me? Please and Thank you.
Feel him and Hawryluk can make Sceviour expendable next year. Need to cut as much money as possible and Hawk is producing better stats in less TOI. Along with Greco and Repo being possible injury call-ups, making Colton even more of an expense we don't need. Only been stat watching but just feel he plays with an edge as well, should finish the year with 13-14 goals and 22-25pts in his rookie season, similar to Hunt's first AHL year.

Sceviour on pace for 8 goals, 22pts in 74 games, 12:20 mins/game
Hawk is on pace for 8 goals, 12 pts in 46 games, 8:19 mins/game
Liking Repos game the past 10 games. He seems to be one of the few that can take the outlet pass and his numbers in mid January and into feb have been solid. Seems to be playing with more confidence. Maybe having Wideman there has helped him and he is getting the puck more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->