2018-2019 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
As far as I'm concerned Hillis is the only one that's actually worrisome right now. I still expect to see him rebound soon enough though, he's too good not to.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
That's a few how the rest :P

Theyre doing well. That said, I'd have liked to see MB move up to get both Olofsson and Hallander.

Maybe Jake Wise, too. I likr Hillis, but I feel that would have been the proper move. My other targets were Alexeyev and Berggren, but those are understandably harder moves.

Reactions: Fenris

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Anyone seen much of Harris? Pretty intriguing LD putting up good numbers in a small sample in college. Obviously only 5 games, but 4 points for a young freshman D is a great start.

Reactions: Redux91

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Anyone seen much of Harris? Pretty intriguing LD putting up good numbers in a small sample in college. Obviously only 5 games, but 4 points for a young freshman D is a great start.
Harris has 3 points in 4 games. Although I thought he was great in period 3 of game 3, apparently, according to montreal, he was on the ice for all goals prior to that third period. So he is adjusting. Hopefully, he can continue impressing

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
That's a few how the rest :P
Kotkaniemi - Exceeding expectation
Ylonen - Slightly below expectation
Romanov - Exceeding expectation
Olofsson - Exceeding expectation
Hillis - Below expectation
Harris - Exceeding expectations
McShane - Meeting expectations
Gorniak - Meeting expectations
Fonstad - Meeting expectations
Houde - Exceeding expectations
Stapley - Exceeding expectations

9/11 are meeting or exceeding the expectations I had of them. I don't know how you somehow see it as ''Our prospects we drafted sucking right now''.

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
Kotkaniemi - Exceeding expectation
Ylonen - Slightly below expectation
Romanov - Exceeding expectation
Olofsson - Exceeding expectation
Hillis - Below expectation
Harris - Exceeding expectations
McShane - Meeting expectations
Gorniak - Meeting expectations
Fonstad - Meeting expectations
Houde - Exceeding expectations
Stapley - Exceeding expectations

9/11 are meeting or exceeding the expectations I had of them. I don't know how you somehow see it as ''Our prospects we drafted sucking right now''.

Hmmm a little bias. Ylonen slightly he's having a horrible season. He's doing worse the last year.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Hmmm a little bias. Ylonen slightly he's having a horrible season. He's doing worse the last year.

He was playing in Mestis last year, not Liiga. His advanced stats are good and he's getting chances and generating shot assists but hasnt had much puck luck yet.

Reactions: Redux91

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Ylonen was playing in Mestis last year (Finland 2nd league). This year he's playing in Liiga (Finland 1st league). He's 10th in scoring for U20 players in that league.

Even then, 2/11 doing meh is a very good result.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I haven't seen any Ylonen games since they switched streaming services but no one can be too happy with how it's going since it's getting closer to being a similar situation to that of Ikonen last year. Ylonen has picked up points in just 2 games so far in 14 games as he's tied for 12th on the team in points. Now it was much worse for Ikonen who had points in just 2 of 26 games but then turned it around with 12 in the next 26.

Reactions: Habs4Life

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Good for Ylonen, hopefully he can build off this, pts in 3 of 15 games now.

Watched some of Romanov today, it was a blow out 9-0 but he didn't play much in the 1st but did see his TOI increase as the game got more out of reach. Finished with 11:56, had 2 hits and 1 shot but missed all of them as I was busy with work and I thought maybe they weren't playing him much after taking that shot off his knee two games ago. I was shocked he played last game but had his 2nd lowest TOI of the season with 5:33 so I thought they must be taking it easy with him. Also it said he took a face-off but I didn't see that either.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
despite Ylonen's lack of production aren't his advanced stats pretty good? I don't live and die by them but if it's a puck luck issue i'm not too worried. He's too fast and too skilled. Seems to have a decent motor too. Unless his hockey IQ's horrendous or something I think he'd be a great fit on this team. Hopefully he can get it going. He's a pretty exciting player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad