2018-2019 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Suzuki vs. Hillis tonight.

I plan on watching it tomorrow, you can purchase the game for half the price although I wish I knew how to stream it on my VLC player as their player isn't full screen for the replays. I've already dropped 87 bucks for the Laval season pass and one month of every NCHC home game (I'll get a bunch though between Poehling, Stapley, Gorniak and Koberstein)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
St. Cloud up 2-0 in the first. Poehling with an assist.

Suzuki with an assist. Owen Sound up 1-0.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Teasdale with an assist as Armada tie the game 1-1 against the Remparts.

Poehling with a second assist in the game. St. Cloud up 3-0.

Teasdale adds a goal to his assist from earlier. Armada up 2-1 in the third.

Teasdale scored a second goal to make it 3-1. And then Armada added an empty-net goal to win it 4-1.

Suzuki with a second assist in the game. His 6th point in two games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Fonstad with 1 assist in an 8-2 Prince Albert win over Spokane.

He's slowed down of late, but he still has 12 pts (5G, 7A) in 13 GP.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
4 points in 11 games? Ouch Hillis. 15th on his team in points. I get bad streaks but this is awful. Guelph is 9th in GF.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Our draft really isn’t looking as good as I was hoping off the bat. But the big four, Kotka, Poehling, Suzuki, and Brook all look tremendous- just it seems there might be a major drop off after that. But those 4 are legit grade A prospects right now (obviously Kotka is in the league but only 7 games).

Reactions: Habs4Life

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Our draft really isn’t looking as good as I was hoping off the bat. But the big four, Kotka, Poehling, Suzuki, and Brook all look tremendous- just it seems there might be a major drop off after that. But those 4 are legit grade A prospects right now (obviously Kotka is in the league but only 7 games).
Olofsson is doing well. Harris is doing good. Houde is impressive. Fonstad had a great start. McShane is doing dine as well. Romanov is doing great in the KHL.
I mean only Ylonen and Hillis are struggling. And Ylonen is playing in a very tough league on the third line.
Your jumping to conclusions far too fast. Maybe no one is excelling as of now but its far too early.

Reactions: jaffy27 and Redux91

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

From last draft, kotka, romanov, harris, houde, and stapley all had a good start.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Olofsson is doing well. Harris is doing good. Houde is impressive. Fonstad had a great start. McShane is doing dine as well. Romanov is doing great in the KHL.
I mean only Ylonen and Hillis are struggling. And Ylonen is playing in a very tough league on the third line.
Your jumping to conclusions far too fast. Maybe no one is excelling as of now but its far too early.
Olofsson is a good prospect for sure, and Harris and Houde are pleasant surprises, but I’m getting a bit skeptical of pretty much everyone else. Romanov seems to be hanging in there in the KHL which is good to see though. But Hillis, McShane, and Fonstad should be putting up numbers right now and just aren’t.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Olofsson is a good prospect for sure, and Harris and Houde are pleasant surprises, but I’m getting a bit skeptical of pretty much everyone else. Romanov seems to be hanging in there in the KHL which is good to see though. But Hillis, McShane, and Fonstad should be putting up numbers right now and just aren’t.
McShane and Fonstad are almost a point per game players right now. What were you expecting from 4th and 5th round players?

Reactions: Legend123

hardcorehabs

Feb 9, 2013
Saskatchewan
Is there a WJC thread?

If not, how many prospects do we expect to see in World Juniors this year? How many are on the bubble?

(I know it’s early)

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Is there a WJC thread?

If not, how many prospects do we expect to see in World Juniors this year? How many are on the bubble?

(I know it’s early)

Canada
Suzuki, possibly Brook
USA
Poehling, possibly Primeau
Finland
Possibly Kotkaniemi, Ylonen, Ikonen
Sweden
Olofsson
Russia
possibly Romanov

Its pretty incredible and exciting

Reactions: tooji

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Canada
Suzuki, possibly Brook
USA
Poehling, possibly Primeau
Finland
Possibly Kotkaniemi, Ylonen, Ikonen
Sweden
Olofsson
Russia
possibly Romanov

Its pretty incredible and exciting
Brook, Primeau and ikonen are locks imo.

Reactions: jaffy27

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
Brook, Primeau and ikonen are locks imo.
I would have said at the start of the season i was thinking Brook wouldn't be a lock but i expect him to make the team. With his start to the season and seeing how valuable he is to the Warriors I would say he will be lock.
Primeau should also be a lock but maybe not for the starting job.
Ikonen may not be healthy to play and may not be a lock because of his injury status. I wouldn't want to rush him just to play in the tournament.

Reactions: Redux91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad