2018-2019 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I have watched a few of his games in KHL and have watched the CAN/RUS series. I believe this kid has NHL written on him. His offensive game doesn't seem to be much, if anything. But at 18, he plays the game like a pro.

His skating alone places him in the NHL. But further than that, he's real good defensively. He can definitely lay some crushing hits (hello, Serron). He's also good on the breakout, being able to find a teammate with a pass or carry the puck out himself.

When I watch Romanov in the KHL, I'm reminded of Mete in the NHL last year. Two 18 year old rookie defensemen who skate like the wind. Mete didn't play with any complex last year, jumping up on the play and joining the rush, sometimes going deep into the offensive zone. Romanov does all of that, as well. Both won't exactly put up offensive numbers. But both young and unafraid. What Romanov has over Mete, though, is the physicality, which isn't exactly Romanov's game, but he has that in his arsenal.

Thank you for this. Its nice to read about him already having some qualities of an NHL player.

To me there is a vast difference between a 3D and a 4D. While most teams I think wants to have an all PMD top 4D, the reality is they struggle to have a good top 3, so teams I think are pleased to have a solid no.4. A number 4 is a guy who is strong defensively and compliments the more skilled no.3. To me there is a big difference between a no. 3 and a 4. Juulsen is tracking as a 4D and from what I am reading about Romanov that seems what his ceiling is also, at least at this point in time. We need top 3D, especially top pairing. I am not saying Romanov was not a good pick, but with all our picks, let alone in the first few rounds, we need to go with guys with top 6F and top 3D ceilings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad