2018-2019 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Pretty quiet game so far by Poehing, didnt generate anything offensively... St-Cloud leading 2-1 after 2 but Northeast have been playing great...

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Primeau with 2 outstanding gloves saves at the end when the game is on the line... It was Carey Price like saves...

Reactions: Redux91

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Northeasthern with the well deserved win... Harris was decent enough, Poehling completely invisible offensively, very little chimestry with his bros tonight... Primeau was beat twice by 2 very great shots, both from the high slot, nothing he could do on the first one, tough to say from the angles if the 2nd was stoppable, overall wasnt tested much since his team did a great job in front but he had 2 outstanding Carey Price like saves late in the game... It was only one game but Poehling didnt show second line potential tonight...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I didn't see the first two games of the season for Poehling but tonight was his worst game by far. Never heard what happened to his linemate Robby Jackson as I don't recall him getting injured last game. Jackson is always on Poehling's LW, all of last year and every game this year. His brothers are more grinders.

Big game for Primeau though, that was impressive as he stood tall against what is likely the best team in the NCAA although they looked really flat but they didn't look anything close to what they did vs BC. Had their 150+ minute shutout streak snapped.

I thought Harris played a solid game, his skating really helps him but for a kid that just turned 18 a few months ago to be on the top pairing is impressive. Didn't really care for that penalty, but the refs seemed whistle happy.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I didn't see the first two games of the season for Poehling but tonight was his worst game by far. Never heard what happened to his linemate Robby Jackson as I don't recall him getting injured last game. Jackson is always on Poehling's LW, all of last year and every game this year. His brothers are more grinders.

Big game for Primeau though, that was impressive as he stood tall against what is likely the best team in the NCAA although they looked really flat but they didn't look anything close to what they did vs BC. Had their 150+ minute shutout streak snapped.

I thought Harris played a solid game, his skating really helps him but for a kid that just turned 18 a few months ago to be on the top pairing is impressive. Didn't really care for that penalty, but the refs seemed whistle happy.
Yeah Harris had a nice game for a 18 yrs old kid playing against older guys, it was far from a perfect game but you see the smarts, skating and passing, potential is there... I dont know much about the NCAA but was Northeastern the best opposition St-Cloud faced since the start of the season? They at least impressed me alot for a team that just lost some key players like Gaudette, Sikura ect. Too bad I watched a bad one for Poehling, wasnt bad, but wasnt good either... As for Primeau, everytime I catch some of his games, he isnt tested much, I even wish the other team to fire more pucks at him to have a better idea of what he is made of, but he is usually pretty solid technically and rarely gives up bad good... The way he stood out at the end of the game tonight when the game was on the line was impressive, he really challenged the shooters and made some great gloves saves... I like this kid so much personally, I will try to watch a couple of their games this year since Harris is worth watching too...

Last edited:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Shades of Burns in Brook as he scored a goal after being used as a forward to jump start his lackluster team offensively. He had a dominant shift just prior to that goal in the offensive zone.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I will admit I've only stat-watched our Euros so far (aside from clips and highlights) but Olofsson and Ylonen look awesome so far. I should catch a game sooner than later.
Ylonen looks so fluid out there. If he can hit his potential, damn we may have found a star. As for Olofsson, I love him, hes so damn good and is nothing like De La Rose. Its a true shame people bring him up as a comparable because both are Swedes. Such a lazy attempt.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Oshawa lost 3-2 to Kitchener last night. I was at an event so I recall checking out the stats from time to time and saw that McShane had an assist on the first goal. I checked again today and it was removed and given to someone else.

Aside from that, he had zeroes across the board except being +1 and being 60% (3/5) on face-offs.

Meanwhile, Owen Sound won 5-2 against Peterborough.

Suzuki with 2 goals (his 9th and 10th of the year), had 5 SOG, was -1, and was 63% (10/16) on face-offs.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Ylonen looks so fluid out there. If he can hit his potential, damn we may have found a star. As for Olofsson, I love him, hes so damn good and is nothing like De La Rose. Its a true shame people bring him up as a comparable because both are Swedes. Such a lazy attempt.

yeah if there's anyone i'm pulling for it's Ylonen. He's too fast and too skilled. He'd fit in with this team perfectly

Reactions: Legend123

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Olofsson named to Team Sweden for the 4 Nations tournament, Nov 6th to the 12th.

No word yet on the Russian roster.

Yeah Harris had a nice game for a 18 yrs old kid playing against older guys, it was far from a perfect game but you see the smarts, skating and passing, potential is there... I dont know much about the NCAA but was Northeastern the best opposition St-Cloud faced since the start of the season? They at least impressed me alot for a team that just lost some key players like Gaudette, Sikura ect. Too bad I watched a bad one for Poehling, wasnt bad, but wasnt good either... As for Primeau, everytime I catch some of his games, he isnt tested much, I even wish the other team to fire more pucks at him to have a better idea of what he is made of, but he is usually pretty solid technically and rarely gives up bad good... The way he stood out at the end of the game tonight when the game was on the line was impressive, he really challenged the shooters and made some great gloves saves... I like this kid so much personally, I will try to watch a couple of their games this year since Harris is worth watching too...

yes that was the best team SCSU faced, they didn't face any good teams until then. BC should have been but they are struggling badly so far at least.

Primeau has a good defense in front of him and he wasn't that good vs Union. I figured he wouldn't put up as good of a season as last year was one of the better i'd ever seen for an 18 year old goalie. Granted he had the top line in the NCAA so they were putting up goals left and right.

How are you watching Liiga games?

Olofsson and DLR are comparable as I said because they are both centers, both are big body with good skating and speed at the same age. I watched almost every Olofsson game this year and he looks like DLR in that he's a center and looks to be the same size. Olofsson is better offensively and DLR is better defensively. It's not hard to see or lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad