2018-2019 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Ylonen is a sniper. Usually they are very streaky and pile up points in bunches. He looked good at the development camp but it's hard to tell if he is the next Collberg or the next Pacioretty.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Ylonen is a sniper. Usually they are very streaky and pile up points in bunches. He looked good at the development camp but it's hard to tell if he is the next Collberg or the next Pacioretty.

He seems to have a good motor unlike those 2. I've seen him be pretty tenacious on the puck. Granted that's only a few highlights. I also thought he was more of a playmaker unless I'm mistaken. Pacioretty was a guy that if he wasn't scoring he wasn't doing much of anything else. Ylonen seems far more implicated in the play then those 2.

Ylonen seems like he has all the tools to succeed. I just hope he's not a 'no toolbox' type player. That would suck. Anyone know what his issues are?

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
He's also a very good playmaker and passer... I'm surprised he just recorded his first assist today.

One of the more difficult empty net goals I've seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Sam Houde with his 6th of the year to tie the game against Baie-Comeau 1-1.

Teasdale also with his 6th of the year to give Blainville a 2-0 lead over Gatineau.

Suzuki with his 8th of the year to give Owen Sound a 4-2 lead over Mississauga.

Hillis with a 2nd assist to help Guelph extend their lead to 3-0 over Erie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WinterLion

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hopefully he keeps it up after a disastrous start

I read Mitch Brown's article on The Athletic on some of the Habs prospects. When talking about Hillis, he said that he started slow last year, as well. He had 4 pts in the first 13 games. In the next 47 games he played, he had 55 points.

Today he's playing his 13th game of the season, with his three assists, he now has 7 points. So due to his 3-point night so far, he's actually ahead of last year.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
An update on Chicoutimi/Baie-Comeau. I don't know if the Q's app made a mistake earlier, but it had Sam Houde scoring the goal. They've since updated it and it's not Houde's goal. In fact, he didn't even have an assist on the play.

It would be normal if they realized that someone else scored. As an example, they look at the replay and realize someone tipped the shot and thus fixed who scored. But the one they had having scored the goal would then be given the assist.

Not in this case. So I take it they just made a mistake.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Owen Sound beat Mississauga Steelheads 5-3.

- Suzuki with the one goal. He was +1, had 5 SOG, and was 50% (10/20) in the face-off circle. He's now at 17 pts (8G, 9A) in 11 games.

Oshawa Generals beat Hamilton Bulldogs 5-3.

- No points for McShane. But he is coming back from missing the last two games (possibly due to injury). He had zeroes across the board, but was 89% (8/9) on face-offs.

Guelph Storm lose to Erie Otters 5-4 in OT.

After being up 3-0 and then 4-2, Guelph allow Erie to mount the comeback.

- A good night for Hillis nonetheless. He had 3 pts (all assists). He was +3, had 3 SOG, 2 PIM, and was 78% (14/18) on face-offs. He was named the 2nd Star of the game.

Northeastern beat U-Mass-Lowell 4-1.

- No points for Harris, but he was +2 and had 1 SOG.

- Primeau with 16 saves on 17 shots against for a .941 SV%.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redux91

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Chicoutimi Sagunéens lose to Baie-Comeau Drakkar 4-3 in the SO.

- No points for Houde. He had 3 SOG, 4 PIM, and was 38% (8/21) on face-offs. He scored in the shootout, but his team still ended up losing.

Blainville-Boisbriand Armada beat Gatineau Olympiques 5-4 in OT.

Armada was up 4-2 with less than a minute left in the game when Gatineau scored 2 goals in 6 seconds to tie the game in dramatic fashion and force the OT. Armada still ended up winning.

- Teasdale with 1 goal (his 6th of the season), he was +1, 5 SOG, had 2 hits, and only took one face-off in the game and won it.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Interesting match-up tonight at 7PM ET. Poehling vs. Harris & Primeau.
can we still watch the home games for free on northeastern website? Last time I tried to watch it was late in the season or early playoffs and it wasnt working anymore for me...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Watching Olofsson, he just scored a nice goal to go up 2-0. He flubbed the shot but then on the 2nd attempt he put it home.

can we still watch the home games for free on northeastern website? Last time I tried to watch it was late in the season or early playoffs and it wasnt working anymore for me...

yes. They also have on demand so you can watch their games at any time.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Would be nice to get both Olofsson and Ylonen in Laval next year

Olofsson I'd leave him in Sweden for another year plus if Poehling turns pro and doesn't make the team and if Suzuki doesn't make the team and they want to play him at center. Then you have Evans and Vejdemo who need playing time. Having Olofsson come over at 20 for Laval is what I would hope and expect to see.
Ylonen is under contract for next season in Liiga, will be interesting to see what management wants to do with him. I wouldn't mind if he stayed in Liiga but it sucks not getting to see him play.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Watching Olofsson, he just scored a nice goal to go up 2-0. He flubbed the shot but then on the 2nd attempt he put it home.

Watching the GIF, I don't think it was a flubbed shot attempt. I think he faked a shot and side stepped the defender to give himself a better shot.

Reactions: tooji
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad