2018-2019 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So is Houde a good prospect now or a long shot to make the AHL ?

he should make the AHL but we'll see how much he progresses over the next few years. He seems to have some skills but he's smallish, and I just don't like players that don't move their feet. McShane's another one. We'll see how it goes for each.

Reactions: Agalloch

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Well he better pick it up or we will start making excuses like we did Will Bitten.

He certainly needs to pick it up, but I'm not worried about him. What makes him great is his hockey sense and playmaking ability, that stuff just doesn't go away. Talking to a few people who follow the team and it looks like he's trying too hard to make a play out there, I imagine once he breaks out of the slump, it will be fine.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Also, Josh Brook isn't playing tonight for Moose Jaw. He's serving his one-game suspension for his hit from behind last game.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
wow that was a lot of hockey. Watched Romanov instead of working, then watched Gornaik then Stapley vs Koberstein, then the Laval game and just got done watching Poehling's game.

Not much to see though until the last two games.

Romanov didn't play much and got injured, I wrote about it his thread.

Gornaik is smallish but really quick and played physical but didn't see as much time due to so many penalties.

Stapley was ok, he got a tripping penalty while on the PP and they scored so he seemed to spend some time on the bench after that. Good wheels and can dish the puck, he had a few chances to setup players but they just didn't convert.

Koberstein was ok, he had a nice hit but I thought he would be more physical. His team looked like they were going to lose their cool, must be so frustrating as they just keep losing but they actually played a pretty good game aside from a few minutes were they gave up 3 quick goals.

Poehling was great, he looked quicker, more confident as he was pulling off some slick dekes even in front of his goalie that I don't recall ever seeing him do before. He could of easily had 4 or 5 pts. That said it was against a really weak team.

Is that Daniel Shank's son?

no clue.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Oloffson played almost 20 minutes today in a 3-1 loss, he had 4 SOG. He played over 5 minutes more than Hallander. I didn't watch the game but in the ones I've seen usually Hallander gets a lot more ice time, I'm not sure if Olofsson was moved up the lineup or if he gets a lot of the heavy defensive lifting in games like this

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
just got done watching Primeau/Harris from last night. Both teams fought hard but a tough loss for Primeau. Can't say he had a bad game despite letting in 4, one was a turnover while his team was on the PP and the guy got a breakaway he didn't have much time to get set. The OT goal it looked like he thought he had the puck and no one but the opposing forward saw it as there was a lot of traffic around him.

Harris had an up and down night, he was on the ice for 3 of the 4 goals against, the first one he got a little bit turned around. The 2nd was on the PP and he went to block the pass but missed. The OT goal he was up high for some reason. In the 3 games he's played he's had some errors here and there but for the most part he's been pretty good especially in the offensive zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad