Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Ok got it!

Hilarious stuff. Armstrong has a broomstick up his butt. Gonchar is a robot, Geno is the village idiot and Talbot is just goofing around.

I thought there was sonething wrong with my phone when the black screen lasted forever.:laugh:

Talbot's bit proved to be so popular he did a follow-up commercial, too lazy to look it up though. :laugh:

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
She's taking a shot at the Wild.

Her and Jason can't be all that thrilled to be staying in Minnesota, after all. Dude has been traded twice only to have both trades not go through, and now the GM is giving them lip service about how much he likes the player.

I know. One is part of the business. Might suck but he gets paid good bucks. Her statement is like comparing apples and oranges.

I would for sure hate it if my wife tweeted something like that (and I would play in the NHL ofcourse).

arun

Click here to hide this advertisement
Jun 23, 2016
Holland
Still, i would not like it if my wife would be fking tweeting about it.

Hamburglar’s wife is pretty funny on twitter by the way

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017

He might make bad trades, but he sure knows what makes a good prospect!

I get it now. He wants to trade Zucker because they're both only 5'11".

I think we should pull a San Jose (Hoffman) and do a surprise 3 way where we end up with Zucker. It would make the Minny rivalry so much more fun. We can let his wife run the Avs' Twitter account leading up to every Wild game.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I was just looking over the new rules for this upcoming season. One of them is:

When the attacking team is responsible for the puck going out of play in the attacking zone, in all instances, the face-off will be conducted at one of the two face-off dots in the attacking zone.

This one will definitely not last. Imagine this scenario: Matt Calvert uses his speed to beat the opposing defense to the puck. But he's all alone in the corner because the rest of the team is changing. He knows he's about to lose possession of the puck and can't get it to the net. So what does he do? He flips it up into the netting and gets his team an offensive zone faceoff. Now imagine this is happening on a penalty kill. Or overtime.

There's no way that rule stays that way.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I was just looking over the new rules for this upcoming season. One of them is:

When the attacking team is responsible for the puck going out of play in the attacking zone, in all instances, the face-off will be conducted at one of the two face-off dots in the attacking zone.

This one will definitely not last. Imagine this scenario: Matt Calvert uses his speed to beat the opposing defense to the puck. But he's all alone in the corner because the rest of the team is changing. He knows he's about to lose possession of the puck and can't get it to the net. So what does he do? He flips it up into the netting and gets his team an offensive zone faceoff. Now imagine this is happening on a penalty kill. Or overtime.

There's no way that rule stays that way.
If you have enough time and space to actually flick the puck over the glass it probably means you have enough time to shoot the puck at the net.

I get what you’re saying, but I don’t think anybody would ever rather have an offensive zone faceoff than a shot on the goalie. Perhaps there will be an occasional situation where it’s done intentionally but it won’t happen enough for it to be an ongoing problem.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
If you have enough time and space to actually flick the puck over the glass it probably means you have enough time to shoot the puck at the net.

I get what you’re saying, but I don’t think anybody would ever rather have an offensive zone faceoff than a shot on the goalie. Perhaps there will be an occasional situation where it’s done intentionally but it won’t happen enough for it to be an ongoing problem.

What if you're behind the goalie? What if you're in the corner? In both those cases, a faceoff would be better than a shot that will definitely not go in and will just give the puck back to the other team. Think of all the times a player goes in alone and takes a shot directly at the goalie - not even trying to score, but rather just trying to make sure the goalie catches it, then they skate in and make sure he has to freeze it. This new rule will give players another way to do that even if they don't have a clear shot at the net.

And even if you're right, this rule will be most used (if the players are smart) during overtime. During 3 or 3, teams often desperately need a change even when they have the puck, so in that case a offensive faceoff would definitely be better than a low-percentage shot, which more often than not is just a turnover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad