Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He swindled Poile on the Granlund for Fiala trade.
Excellent trade Fiala is gonna bust out in a big way.

Doubt it. I think he’s what we’ve already seen, a mediocre scoring line forward. Time will tell.

As for Zucker’s wife, I’ve no issue whatsoever with that tweet. She’s calling Fenton on his bullshit, and that’s wholly deserved. It won’t affect JZ’s relationships with Fenton or the team anymore than what Fenton has done to fray those relationships. We’ve seen what has to happen in order for a player’s WAG to really wreak havoc in a locker room.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Is that why the Karlsson deal isn’t “signed” even though all the details are known? Vegas needs a few days to give us Pauly?

Reactions: CobraAcesS

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
If the reports are true they are gonna move Miller first which will give them time to figure out their next step.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Is that why the Karlsson deal isn’t “signed” even though all the details are known? Vegas needs a few days to give us Pauly?

I'm guessing Vegas is waiting for the dust to settle after July 1st. There may be a team who loses out that is actually willing to pay assets for whoever they decide to move.

It also could bite them as well if there isn't one or two teams that miss out, and have the cap space.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Now Sakic! Strike quick and nab Stastny!

Also insane how an expansion team is already in this kind of cap situation.
Forsberg for Erat! They were pushing hard to have a ultra competitive team right off the bat and that's gonna hurt them for now but they have some good young kids to replace whomever they have to sell off.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Salary cap should vary for teams depending on the tax structure where they're playing. It would be confusing as hell to have every team with a different salary cap, but it would make things more fair.

Nah. Different markets have different advantages. You learn to make things work within the confines of that market. Just because Florida and Texas have a very low (or nonexistent) state tax and taxes in Toronto are fairly hefty, the Leafs still somehow manage to attract top-tier talent.

The real disadvantages some markets have lies in the sheer desirability to live in the region. I've never been to Winnipeg, but it sure appears that both Stastny and Trouba both opted not to stay there because they just didn't want to live there.

Reactions: henchman21

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Ryan Hartman back in the division...

PeQQpo3.gif

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Nah. Different markets have different advantages. You learn to make things work within the confines of that market. Just because Florida and Texas have a very low (or nonexistent) state tax and taxes in Toronto are fairly hefty, the Leafs still somehow manage to attract top-tier talent.

The real disadvantages some markets have lies in the sheer desirability to live in the region. I've never been to Winnipeg, but it sure appears that both Stastny and Trouba both opted not to stay there because they just didn't want to live there.

Go to Winnipeg and you'll understand real quickly. :nod:

Trouba's is a bit more complicated than just that.... he wouldn't have gone to Vancouver, Montreal, or Toronto either.

And Hartman.... how much do GMs hate arbitration? Trade a useful player for an AHL/NHL tweener because he's getting over $3m in arbitration.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Go to Winnipeg and you'll understand real quickly. :nod:

Trouba's is a bit more complicated than just that.... he wouldn't have gone to Vancouver, Montreal, or Toronto either.

And Hartman.... how much do GMs hate arbitration? Trade a useful player for an AHL/NHL tweener because he's getting over $3m in arbitration.

Eh...Hartman's play has basically gone off a cliff after a promising rookie season, and though he's a useful grinder, teams are concluding he's an overpaid one.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Eh...Hartman's play has basically gone off a cliff after a promising rookie season, and though he's a useful grinder, teams are concluding he's an overpaid one.

He will be overpaid due to his numbers, but now he only makes 875k. For a 10-15, 3rd line sort of player that is agitating that is a bargain. But in arbitration I see $3m in his future and that is a bit much for the other headaches.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
We all just don't have the mental capacity to keep up with Kyle. Look at this, he can talk on two phones at once, can you do that?

He lets daddy Shanny listen to all his calls to make sure he's doing a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad