2018-2019 Around the league thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
I gotta say that I quite like the Gudas - Niskanen swap for the Caps. looks bad if you only go by names, but considering their actual level of play... Niskanen is nowadays a lower end second pairing while Gudas is a good third pairing. given the retention, they are only slightly downgrading their D (but still getting tougher and younger) while paying half the money for one less year. though now the pressure on guys like Djoos and Siegenthaler becoming contributors just got bigger.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Gudas and Wilson on the same team? They're literally going to murder guys, aren't they.
They are lucky to play in the East otherwise our small, fast forwards like Kerfoot, Compher and Jost would skate circles around them :sarcasm:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Joona Luoto signs with WPG. If you're a young Finnish player and you're not signing in the NHL, what are you doing?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Trouba's contract demands must be outrageous if they're only able to get that much out of him in a trade.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Trouba's contract demands must be outrageous if they're only able to get that much out of him in a trade.

Either that or he's hell-bent going to a certain city. Winnipeg didn't allow other teams to talk to Trouba pre-trade, which is a bad sign in itself.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Never got the feeling that GM's were as high on Trouba as some people on the internet are.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I don't get why Trouba is apparently worth so much.

I also thought that other guy's name was Plonk

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don't get why Trouba is apparently worth so much.

I also thought that other guy's name was Plonk

Because he's a legit top-pairing RHD with size and skating ability who can play in all situations, and he's only 25. I'm still not quite sure he's elite-level but he's at least close. Teams line up for guys like that.

Reactions: klozge

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
And Hayes signs with Philadelphia for 7 years and $50 million for $7.14 million per year. Wow I was really hoping he would wait to see other teams offers. Well another one bites the dust.

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
But I guess for that kinda $ nobody was gonna sniff what he fleeced the Flyers for. I'm really glad the Avs were not handcuffed with over $7 million AAV for Hayes for 7 years and would just prefer they either trade for a 2C or water it out for whoever we draft at 4oa tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad