Speculation: 2018-19 Trade Rumors Thread

1-10?

• Total voters

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Vermette is apparently getting a lot of interest league wide. Shows that no matter how bad you are at hockey if you win face offs teams want you.
he's also got the reputation of being a great locker room guy, so he'll hang around past his expiration date for a while

Reactions: Paul4587

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
It's not too surprising, but I haven't heard anybody name the Ducks in on a single free agent.

Was thinking the same thing. Only guy I heard us have interest in was Jack Johnson. Glad we dodged that bullet, 5 years is a hell of a lot of term for a guy who is on the decline.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Was thinking the same thing. Only guy I heard us have interest in was Jack Johnson. Glad we dodged that bullet, 5 years is a hell of a lot of term for a guy who is on the decline.
I don't even have any idea if Bob is targeting forwards or defensemen, or neither for that matter.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Bob is going to focus on signing his RFA's and then check out the bargain bin.
As he should with FA. The hit percentage league-wide in FA is in the single digits.

If this team is going to get an upgrade it will have to be through reappropriation in a trade.

Having said that, I'd look at...
Derek Ryan
Jannik Hansen
Calvin de Hann
Ian Cole
Thomas vanek

...as (hopefully) cheap upgrades around the fringes of the roster.

Reactions: Kalv

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I'd give Thomas hickey a look as well. I think he could have some untapped PP potential.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
With all the attention centers are getting I don’t think Grant will be back

We don't really have enough center depth to not bring him back though, unless there is a trade in the works or Murray plans on signing a different center to a similarly overpriced UFA contract. Grant, Derek Ryan, and Letestu are pretty much the only affordable depth centers worth pursuing IMO (Beagle also but he is rumored to be signing in VAN). I'd be fine with any of those three really, but sometimes it's better to keep the guy you are already familiar with.

On the other hand, it would be a remarkable troll job by Murray to preach four line hockey and then only give Carlyle two healthy centers.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Tyler Ennis just got bought out

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Kerdiles really never got a real shot for some reason. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him carve out a spot like Noesen did. De Leo doesn't look promising at all. Smaller supposed skill player who produced less than Kerdiles in the AHL.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
What really sucks is the fact that Kerdiles didn't ever get a proper opportunity to fight for a roster spot, either due to injury or roster management.

Good luck in Winnipeg, Nic. I hope he succeeds and makes our organization look foolish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad