Speculation: 2018-19 Trade Rumors Thread

1-10?

• Total voters

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I think any changes that are made will be done through trade. Past Tavares this free agent class isn’t overly appealing.
Yeah, it’s going to be boring league wide. Especially with Carlson and Kovalchuk already signed

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Wouldn't mind one of Pateryn, Cole, or Davidson as a cheap 3rd pair option. Also wouldn't mind either Derek Ryan or Daniel Carr up front.

EDIT: Also could see us signing Versteeg.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Wouldn't mind one of Pateryn, Cole, or Davidson as a cheap 3rd pair option. Also wouldn't mind either Derek Ryan or Daniel Carr up front.

Ya but what about that shiney new vet chris kunitz

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I think we’ll sign Pateryn as our new Bieksa. Just hope Bob doesn’t overpay him.

I like him and thought he might be up Bob's alley but seems like hes destined for Minnesota.

Seems likely he'll add a defenseman of some kind but also seems like a perfect situation for him to wait it out so guessing it won't come July 1.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I like him and thought he might be up Bob's alley but seems like hes destined for Minnesota.

Seems likely he'll add a defenseman of some kind but also seems like a perfect situation for him to wait it out so guessing it won't come July 1.

Yeah I’d much rather him wait on a D like Pateryn. Last time he tried to hurry up and get a D like that, we signed Stoner. Hopefully he learned his lesson. I think Welinski is fine on bottom pair but I’m all for adding a guy like Pateryn to rotate with. As long as price is right any way.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah I’d much rather him wait on a D like Pateryn. Last time he tried to hurry up and get a D like that, we signed Stoner. Hopefully he learned his lesson. I think Welinski is fine on bottom pair but I’m all for adding a guy like Pateryn to rotate with. As long as price is right any way.
Im honestly okay with
Lindholm Manson
Fowler Montour
Larsson Welinski/holzer or a cheap 6-7 guy

Reactions: Trojans86

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Im honestly okay with
Lindholm Manson
Fowler Montour
Larsson Welinski/holzer or a cheap 6-7 guy

If I was 100% sure that we wouldn’t get any injuries I’d be okay with that, but since we know that won’t happen, I think it’s smart to get a Schenn/Pateryn type. I just don’t want to overpay one.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If I was 100% sure that we wouldn’t get any injuries I’d be okay with that, but since we know that won’t happen, I think it’s smart to get a Schenn/Pateryn type. I just don’t want to overpay one.
Yeah but we still have pettersson/mahura

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

A PTO guy makes sense in a few ways. No commitment and gives everyone a chance at a spot. Possibly slightly related, I wonder if Cody Franson is a guy they think of. Teams seemed to have soured on him but surprisingly Randy pretty much never did in Toronto. Fransons pretty much never been the same since he was fired there, either.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Too early to consider Mahura imo. I get what you’re saying and i somewhat agrrr with it. My point is that additional depth is a good thing, as long as we don’t overpay for it.
Agreed... id just hate to pay another dmen 3-4 mil to basically sit in the press box(stoner) or be a giant burden on the team(bieska)… and waste opportunity's for guys like Larsson/pettersson/welinski/mahura to get their shot... that's part of the reason I like holzer as our 7th/8th guy because he does fine when he fills in but were not over paying him to be a crap shoot.

I guess it just depends what we potentially get and how much we pay.... but given our recent history I don't feel comfortable with the idea.

Reactions: Duck Off

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden

I don't think Cole will be cheap. He can be a very good #5 and a serviceable #4. There's not many good UFA defensemen out there. Cole, who is in good age, will have a few bidders.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I don't think Cole will be cheap. He can be a very good #5 and a serviceable #4. There's not many good UFA defensemen out there. Cole, who is in good age, will have a few bidders.

I dunno, he didn't garner a lot of attention at the deadline despite teams always needing defense, and went for kinda cheap. I'm not sure teams like him a whole lot.

gurjot

Jun 22, 2018
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">With Ryder and Gavin Getzlaf putting them through the paces, there is no doubt that their dad Ryan and <a href="Scottie Upshall (@ScottieUpshall) | Twitter">@ScottieUpshall</a>’ s summer training program is in high-gear! <a href="NHLPA on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/cFf3T0ZAlB</a></p>&mdash; NHLPA (@NHLPA) <a href="">June 29, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Any chance Upshall ends up on the roster?

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">With Ryder and Gavin Getzlaf putting them through the paces, there is no doubt that their dad Ryan and <a href="Scottie Upshall (@ScottieUpshall) | Twitter">@ScottieUpshall</a>’ s summer training program is in high-gear! <a href="NHLPA on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/cFf3T0ZAlB</a></p>&mdash; NHLPA (@NHLPA) <a href="">June 29, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Any chance Upshall ends up on the roster?

I think he lives in the area, although it would make sense. Then again, I'm really surprised it hasn't happened already, I think hes been friends with some of our guys for a while. I remember being shocked he didn't sign here when Lupul was still here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad