Speculation: 2018-19 Trade Rumors Thread

1-10?

• Total voters

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Typical BM move, AHL player for AHL player. Kerdiles was pretty much at the end of his AHL tenure with the Ducks. By next year he would be a group VI free agent. De Leo is two years younger so the Ducks will have more control over him if that is what they want. Maybe that is the reason. One less potential player for the 4th line to be brought up from within the system. Of course, with Randy, who needs a fourth line?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
one prospect who never panned out for another prospect who never panned out

de leo was very highly regarded at one point

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Stephens' article today says Bob Murray is looking at some 'bigger names.' Obviously not Tavares, or even JVR for that matter, but I can't help but think that Perron might be on his way back here. I believe I read a couple days ago that he won't return to Vegas.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
No surprise really, he fell pretty hard in the depth chart this season with Roy and Kossila taking big steps forward this season (and one or both of them being NHL'ers next season) and with likes of Jones, Kopacka, Sherwood etc coming to San Diego next season (along with likes of Fiore already being in San Diego) someone had to make room so those players could get some minutes. It's a shame as I was pretty hyped about Kerdiles when we drafted him, but injuries have slowed him down big time - hopefully he can find an NHL home either in Winnipeg or elsewhere.

Typical BM move, AHL player for AHL player. Kerdiles was pretty much at the end of his AHL tenure with the Ducks. By next year he would be a group VI free agent. De Leo is two years younger so the Ducks will have more control over him if that is what they want. Maybe that is the reason. One less potential player for the 4th line to be brought up from within the system. Of course, with Randy, who needs a fourth line?
Kerdiles would have zero shot of being on the NHL roster with Anaheim even if Anaheim had the most anti-veteran, pro-young players coach in NHL history. At absolute best Kerdiles was 3rd on the minors depth chart for left wing call ups, and there just isn't that many spots available - it sucks for him, but you can't have spots for every fringe prospect in the system.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Stephens' article today says Bob Murray is looking at some 'bigger names.' Obviously not Tavares, or even JVR for that matter, but I can't help but think that Perron might be on his way back here. I believe I read a couple days ago that he won't return to Vegas.
I think he might be looking at trades more than FA.

Reactions: Getz2perry

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI

Anyone in particular mentionned?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think were more likely to look at a trade route.... I wouldn't mind Perron tho, he had good chemistry with Getzlaf and Perry I thought... I think a line of Rakell Henrique Kase has some potential... unless steel seems ready at preseason then maybe have Henrique center Cogs/Silf and put Steel with Rakell/kase.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I like Perron but adding him is a mistake imo. We need a quick goal scorer who’s got a great one timer and ideally is left handed. Perron is just more of what we already have in Perry and Eaves. I think Murray is going to sign Grabner, which will also be a mistake imo.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I think were more likely to look at a trade route.... I wouldn't mind Perron tho, he had good chemistry with Getzlaf and Perry I thought... I think a line of Rakell Henrique Kase has some potential... unless steel seems ready at preseason then maybe have Henrique center Cogs/Silf and put Steel with Rakell/kase.

If Steel looks ready out of camp, I think it would be good to keep him with at least one of Cogs or Silf for some defensive insulation. I'd actually really like the idea of him playing with Silf.

Rakell - Getzlaf - ______
_______ - Henrique - Kase
Cogliano - vet C - ______
______ - Steel - Silfverberg

The rest can filled out to suit your imagination, but the point is that Steel being ready to contribute could allow us to have a top line and three "second lines", which seems to be the way the league is going.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
If Steel looks ready out of camp, I think it would be good to keep him with at least one of Cogs or Silf for some defensive insulation. I'd actually really like the idea of him playing with Silf.

Rakell - Getzlaf - ______
_______ - Henrique - Kase
Cogliano - vet C - ______
______ - Steel - Silfverberg

The rest can filled out to suit your imagination, but the point is that Steel being ready to contribute could allow us to have a top line and three "second lines", which seems to be the way the league is going.

My fevre dream has us re-signing Grant for cheap and moving Montour, Perry, Ritchie, Larsson/Mahura, 2019 1st to OTT for Karlsson, Pageau, Dzingel, and Ryan, sooo...

Rakell-Getzlaf-Ryan
Dzingel-Henrique-Kase
Cogliano-Pageau-Eaves
Steel-Grant-Silfverberg

Lindholm-Karlsson
Fowler-Manson
Pettersson-Welinksi/UFA

Kesler on LTIRetirement Plan unless healthy, in which case Grant is unnecessary obviously. Four lines that can score and play 15 minutes a night without too much sheltering, and a top four that rivals pretty much any other team in the league. Letting Henrique and Silfverberg walk hopefully allows for enough to re-sign EK and Gibson next season.

Back to drinking and fevre-dreaming haha

gurjot

Jun 22, 2018
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Per an NHL source: &quot;Keep a close eye on <a href="#NHLDucks hashtag on Twitter">#NHLDucks</a>, <a href="#Avs hashtag on Twitter">#Avs</a> and <a href="#Stars hashtag on Twitter">#Stars</a> with <a href="#ErikKarlsson hashtag on Twitter">#ErikKarlsson</a>.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jimmy Murphy (@MurphysLaw74) <a href="">July 3, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

paine

Jun 4, 2007
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Per an NHL source: &quot;Keep a close eye on <a href="#NHLDucks hashtag on Twitter">#NHLDucks</a>, <a href="#Avs hashtag on Twitter">#Avs</a> and <a href="#Stars hashtag on Twitter">#Stars</a> with <a href="#ErikKarlsson hashtag on Twitter">#ErikKarlsson</a>.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jimmy Murphy (@MurphysLaw74) <a href="">July 3, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately, he’s a known hack. But EK is the player I’d pay a premium for.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately, he’s a known hack. But EK is the player I’d pay a premium for.
Yeah. I don't doubt Murray is going hard after him, to be honest. I think he wants to make a big move. We certainly have some pieces to be a serious player. That said, with us needing to clear a bigger contract to make the necessary extension viable, and Ottawa looking to shed Ryan's deal rather than taking on money, I struggle to see us making it work. But I'm definitely - and maybe naively - holding out some hope here. You don't get to acquire a franchise player every day.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
Karlsson is going to Vegas. Luckiest franchise I've ever seen lucks into a generational player. **** off.

Whatever Vegas is sending to Ottawa, I guarantee we could beat it if Murray wasn't so damn conservative with his picks and prospects. We could probably double Vegas' package.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Whatever Vegas is sending to Ottawa, I guarantee we could beat it if Murray wasn't so damn conservative with his picks and prospects. We could probably double Vegas' package.

Unfortunately attaching Bobby Ryan seems more important than anything and that's the one thing they can do.

Although, I really question whether he'd want to commit long term there, at least right away.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Yeah. I don't doubt Murray is going hard after him, to be honest. I think he wants to make a big move. We certainly have some pieces to be a serious player. That said, with us needing to clear a bigger contract to make the necessary extension viable, and Ottawa looking to shed Ryan's deal rather than taking on money, I struggle to see us making it work. But I'm definitely - and maybe naively - holding out some hope here. You don't get to acquire a franchise player every day.

I'm right there with you. My exact feeling on the matter.

It depends on how important trading Ryan is. If it's essential, it won't work IMO. And there's no way he's going to offer that insane package you posted on Trade board. I love EK man, but Montour, Silfverberg, Larsson, Steel, Perry, and a 1st for EK and Ryan? Hell no.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
I'm right there with you. My exact feeling on the matter.

It depends on how important trading Ryan is. If it's essential, it won't work IMO. And there's no way he's going to offer that insane package you posted on Trade board. I love EK man, but Montour, Silfverberg, Larsson, Steel, Perry, and a 1st for EK and Ryan? Hell no.

To me Perry for Ryan is basically a wash. I don't care about adding Montour because EK would be his replacement. I kind of want Silf gone anyway. Adding all three of Larsson, Steel, and a 1st is a bit rich but I also don't see Larsson ever having a top four role with us, and our 1st would be late round. Steel is really the only asset in that trade i'm loathe to move.

what would your best offer be for him?

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Oh, good, we're not going for Karlsson. Pipe dreams are meant to be pipe dreams. :laugh:

God, Lindholm - Karlsson would be such fun.

Or Fowler - Karlsson. It would probably be a mess, but it would be hella fun.

Reactions: Duck Off

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad