Speculation: 2018-19 Trade Rumors Thread

1-10?

• Total voters

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Love Perron but he's coming off a career year and he's about to get a big contract. If Eaves and/or Perry wasn't here, sure, but right now he's just not what we need.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
completely speculating here, but do you guys think that the Leafs are asking about Montour if they land JT? I personally don't want to trade Montour, period. I think the ceiling is too high to give up. However, if they land JT, I think they look to trade Nylander for a cheaper defenseman. I wouldn't do Montour for Nylander. Would you? Marner? I wonder if Bob is doing his due diligence on guys like Risto in case he flips Montour for Nylander and needs to get a replacement top 4.

Again, completely spec on my part, but it's the offseason and getting depressed seeing LA and SJ being active in major upgrades to their teams.

f*** no to JJ. Bieksa 2.0.

Reactions: Getzmonster
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
completely speculating here, but do you guys think that the Leafs are asking about Montour if they land JT? I personally don't want to trade Montour, period. I think the ceiling is too high to give up. However, if they land JT, I think they look to trade Nylander for a cheaper defenseman. I wouldn't do Montour for Nylander. Would you? Marner? I wonder if Bob is doing his due diligence on guys like Risto in case he flips Montour for Nylander and needs to get a replacement top 4.

Again, completely spec on my part, but it's the offseason and getting depressed seeing LA and SJ being active in major upgrades to their teams.

**** no to JJ. Bieksa 2.0.

Doubt it, just because Montour probably won't be that cheap. Hes arbitration eligible, which gives him a lot more leverage than most guys coming off their ELC.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
[Portzline tweet] Please no. Not again. Bob and his washed up veteran defenseman addiction is a serious problem...
"Perhaps" Anaheim.

I'm thinking this might just be some carryover speculation based on Bob's rumored interest in JMFJ leading up to the last trade deadline. Montour's name oddly popping up on TSN's list of trade targets may have us suddenly being connected to every d-man out there. Or, maybe this guy has some actual intel and Bob is doing what Bob does and brings in the guy he's had his sights on for a while, overpays for his veteren-ness, and gets a shell of a player out of it. I hope not.

At this point, I think Welinski will be a very similar player and a better version of current JJ sooner than later (I know Jack is a lefty, but same diff).

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Doubt it, just because Montour probably won't be that cheap. Hes arbitration eligible, which gives him a lot more leverage than most guys coming off their ELC.

Hoping you're right. I just don't understand why Montour would be on that list unless some insider got wind of something. Just seems like he, Rakell, and Lindholm would be instant "No's" in our current situation. Seems odd that he's even on there, let alone fairly high on the list.

Why are we only in on dmen.... let the kids play

If you look at the roster, it's not surprising that we aren't in on many forwards. After we were eliminated a lot of us mentioned that the only way we're significantly changing the forwards is if they trade one of Henrique, Silfverberg, or Perry. So other than a 4th liner or two, not sure how much we should expect unless a trade happens. I also didn't think it was realistic to have two rookies on the bottom pair. I just don't want him to overpay another bottom pairing defenseman after we're finally rid of Stoner and Bieksa's deals...

Current Ducks forwards (assuming Kesler is healthy)

Rakell-Getzlaf-Eaves
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
Kase(RFA)-Henrique-Perry
Ritchie(RFA)-Rookie/UFA-Rookie/UFA

There's just not any room at the moment.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Defense is clearly the biggest need. Montour was good in the playoffs, but I’d still like to add a top 4 defenseman that could play with Fowler or Lindholm, or anchor the 3rd pairing if Montour locks down a top 4 spot.

We’re missing a skilled forward or two, but there’s not much room unless we move a player. We could sign a top 6 LW to play with Henrique and Kase, and roll with Eaves or Perry on the 4th line, but I’m not sure how realistic that is.

Silfverberg and Ritchie are the only two forwards I could see getting moved at this point.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Current Ducks forwards (assuming Kesler is healthy)

Rakell-Getzlaf-Eaves
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
Kase(RFA)-Henrique-Perry
Ritchie(RFA)-Rookie/UFA-Rookie/UFA

There's just not any room at the moment.
The problem is that the two bolded are candidates for retirement soon. Kesler will be out for the whole season and retirement is a possibility if he can't get himself back in playing condition, while Eaves, despite the already-remarkable progress that he's made, still has a long road of recovery ahead of him if he wants to return to the NHL; retirement is a possibility there as well if he can't quite make it all the way back.

So that leaves us with:

Rakell-Getzlaf-Perry
Cogliano-Henrique-Silfverberg
Ritchie(RFA)-Steel(?)-Kase(RFA)
Jones/Fiore/UFA-Grant(hopefully)-Terry(?)

as a forward group for next season, and possibly (if not likely) longer than that. There are several question marks (Steel/Terry) and a few open spots that really don't have any great candidates to take over.

That's a pretty thin group, even if one of our rookies breaks out in training camp and earns his spot on the team.

That being said, I think our window is pretty much closed for the time being and I'd rather have us take this season to let some of our kids get experience and ice time than pushing for a FA forward (even for one of Bargain Bob's typical dumpster-dive moves) as a bandaid solution to our deficiencies up front.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
What would you guys think about a deal based around Simmonds and Lindholm? How far off are the values and what would need to be added/where?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What would you guys think about a deal based around Simmonds and Lindholm? How far off are the values and what would need to be added/where?
That cant be a serious post..

On the off chance you arnt trolling, start with patrick and add

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Wouldn't it be nice if you could trade a veteran winger a year from UFA in exchange for a young #1 D signed long term?

If Simmonds was about a decade younger and played center...we could probably still do better.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Let's put it like this - Lindholm to us is probably somewhat close to what Provorov is for the Flyers. Think about the players you'd accept for him, and go from there. Simmonds can't be one of those guys.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Let's put it like this - Lindholm to us is probably somewhat close to what Provorov is for the Flyers. Think about the players you'd accept for him, and go from there. Simmonds can't be one of those guys.
Understood. Is Lindholm higher than Fowler to you guys these days? Lindholm = Provy and Fowler = Ghost from your point of view?

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

No, just no. It's extremely far off.

Understood. Is Lindholm higher than Fowler to you guys these days? Lindholm = Provy and Fowler = Ghost from your point of view?

I'm not familiar enough with the perceived values for Flyer fans of their players; however, Lindholm definitely has much more value to us than Fowler. We're really not in a position to trade either though. Fowler is definitely more expendable compared to Lindholm (who simply shouldn't be available), but the only way we could trade Cam is if we were adding someone as good or better to replace him. Fowler is a very instrumental part to our team.

The Ducks are in a difficult situation because of the Kesler and Perry contracts. However, there's a few guys who should be almost completely untouchable (IMO, no one is 100% untouchable on any team) and they are: Lindholm, Rakell, and Montour.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
The problem is that the two bolded are candidates for retirement soon. Kesler will be out for the whole season and retirement is a possibility if he can't get himself back in playing condition, while Eaves, despite the already-remarkable progress that he's made, still has a long road of recovery ahead of him if he wants to return to the NHL; retirement is a possibility there as well if he can't quite make it all the way back.

So that leaves us with:

Rakell-Getzlaf-Perry
Cogliano-Henrique-Silfverberg
Ritchie(RFA)-Steel(?)-Kase(RFA)
Jones/Fiore/UFA-Grant(hopefully)-Terry(?)

as a forward group for next season, and possibly (if not likely) longer than that. There are several question marks (Steel/Terry) and a few open spots that really don't have any great candidates to take over.

That's a pretty thin group, even if one of our rookies breaks out in training camp and earns his spot on the team.

That being said, I think our window is pretty much closed for the time being and I'd rather have us take this season to let some of our kids get experience and ice time than pushing for a FA forward (even for one of Bargain Bob's typical dumpster-dive moves) as a bandaid solution to our deficiencies up front.

You're making two big assumptions though. Everything I've seen indicates that Eaves plans on playing next season. Until we hear otherwise, you have to pencil him in the lineup (and budget/cap). I tend to agree with you about Kesler, but it sounds like Murray is still in a "wait and see" mode with him. You can't really just write off him and his cap# until you know for sure that he won't be playing. That's why I said Murray really isn't in any position to add a forward of much significance. Best we can hope for, IMO, assuming no forward is traded out, is one or two solid 3rd/4th line guys. Only one if Grant is re-signed.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
No, just no. It's extremely far off.

I'm not familiar enough with the perceived values for Flyer fans of their players; however, Lindholm definitely has much more value to us than Fowler. We're really not in a position to trade either though. Fowler is definitely more expendable compared to Lindholm (who simply shouldn't be available), but the only way we could trade Cam is if we were adding someone as good or better to replace him. Fowler is a very instrumental part to our team.

The Ducks are in a difficult situation because of the Kesler and Perry contracts. However, there's a few guys who should be almost completely untouchable (IMO, no one is 100% untouchable on any team) and they are: Lindholm, Rakell, and Montour.
Got it. I was just wondering the values of your D to the fans. It sounds like it may be a pretty fair assessment, but I dunno. Anyway, I'll leave Lindholm alone from now on. I dont think our GM would pay what is needed there and it doesnt seem doable for you guys. Hexy seems interested in D-Men and he was the first that I thought of (probably because he is awesome). Good luck to you guys with the cap stuff. We've been there and feel your pain.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Got it. I was just wondering the values of your D to the fans. It sounds like it may be a pretty fair assessment, but I dunno. Anyway, I'll leave Lindholm alone from now on. I dont think our GM would pay what is needed there and it doesnt seem doable for you guys. Hexy seems interested in D-Men and he was the first that I thought of (probably because he is awesome). Good luck to you guys with the cap stuff. We've been there and feel your pain.

It's not so much even about our D, if you're asking teams about defensemen like Lindholm and Fowler, I'd assume you're not putting enough consideration to age and contract/cost control. I think you'll struggle to find any team willing to give up a young D man of that caliber, signed long term, in exchange for Simmonds. That's just entirely too ambitious in general and has nothing to do with how we value our players in particular.

Reactions: Vipers31

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
It's not so much even about our D, if you're asking teams about defensemen like Lindholm and Fowler, I'd assume you're not putting enough consideration to age and contract/cost control. I think you'll struggle to find any team willing to give up a young D man of that caliber, signed long term, in exchange for Simmonds. That's just entirely too ambitious in general and has nothing to do with how we value our players in particular.
Good point. I didn't look into contracts or anything. It was more to gain knowledge on the values...

And I figured it was more, just didn't know how much and the situation over there on D, etc...

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I mean maybe im crazy.. but shouldn't we at least be kicking tires on Tavares....

you're not crazy but I'm not sure what you mean by "kicking the tires"...he'll want $10-12 million per year for 8 years. He doesn't need to take less than that and won't. Those are expensive tires and can't happen with Getzlaf, Perry, and Kesler under contract for the next 3-4 years.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
you're not crazy but I'm not sure what you mean by "kicking the tires"...he'll want $10-12 million per year for 8 years. He doesn't need to take less than that and won't. Those are expensive tires and can't happen with Getzlaf, Perry, and Kesler under contract for the next 3-4 years.
Ya but doesnt hurt to pitch, id move perry and kes if it meant tavares

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Ya but doesnt hurt to pitch, id move perry and kes if it meant tavares
I think we all would. The issue is that Perry and Kesler get the final say on that and likely won’t go, and that no GM is taking them without sending back equally bad contracts and/or demanding the addition of 1st + Steel to take them if no money comes back.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00