Speculation: 2018-19 Trade Rumors Thread

1-10?

• Total voters

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Getting Karlsson might make sense if we could turn back time and have Getzlaf, Perry, and Kesler in their prime. Now? Not so much.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
To me Perry for Ryan is basically a wash. I don't care about adding Montour because EK would be his replacement. I kind of want Silf gone anyway. Adding all three of Larsson, Steel, and a 1st is a bit rich but I also don't see Larsson ever having a top four role with us, and our 1st would be late round. Steel is really the only asset in that trade i'm loathe to move.

what would your best offer be for him?

Copying my reply from trade board:
I definitely think Perry is a better fit, and easily prefer the lesser year because IMO, both players are only going to get worse.

I don't think it's a stretch at all. Steel is definitely our best prospect IMO. Montour, while not a prospect, is easily our best "young player" (not to mention a top 4 RHD, who's cost controlled). I would call Mahura our 2nd best prospect and I believe you said he could be added to the package for Larsson?. Personally I'd go: Steel, Mahura, Terry, Larsson, Comtois as our top 5. So maybe "essentially all our top prospects" isn't 100% accurate, but saying "our best young player in Montour, best prospect (Steel), and another top 3 or 4 prospect of ours" isn't much different IMO.

as far as the offer, depends on what Ottawa has as demands and what they want. It's a hard one to offer. If Ryan has to be included, I don't think it's realistic to even offer a package.

To elaborate a bit more here, where the posters are sane: You may want Silfverberg out anyway, which is fine, but that doesn't mean he's a throw in. Like I said, you're basically throwing away at least 5 1st rounders in that offer, while also taking Ryan in exchange for Perry. Yes, I love EK, and want him badly, but you're also giving a major blow to your forwards by subtracting Perry and Silfverberg and replacing them with Ryan.

That trade would potentially set the franchise back for years. I don't like being "mediocre" either, but that trade screams regret to me.

Understand I'm not trying to bash you, just saying why I don't disagree and I think that offer is incredibly over the top. Dorion probably says yes to that offer before Murray even mentioned "and a 2019 1st"

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
To me Perry for Ryan is basically a wash. I don't care about adding Montour because EK would be his replacement. I kind of want Silf gone anyway. Adding all three of Larsson, Steel, and a 1st is a bit rich but I also don't see Larsson ever having a top four role with us, and our 1st would be late round. Steel is really the only asset in that trade i'm loathe to move.

what would your best offer be for him?
Pronger didn’t receive that kind of return. EK is flashy, but he’s not Pronger.

Reactions: Exit Dose

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Well, I would scratch my head for any team that WOULDN`T ask about Karlsson as he`s clearly one of the best D of his generation.

Would absolutely love him and would be ready to pay a price but I doubt we will seeeriouslu go after him, just because our money situation is tiiiight and Ottawa will gonna want to shed some dollars off.
And I disagree that Murray can`t do a deal. He traded for Kesler which was a big deal. Just because he doesn`t go out and make a big (but bad) deal every year like Habs do, doesn`t mean he can`t do a trade when he sees a good opportunity :)

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Well, I would scratch my head for any team that WOULDN`T ask about Karlsson as he`s clearly one of the best D of his generation.

Would absolutely love him and would be ready to pay a price but I doubt we will seeeriouslu go after him, just because our money situation is tiiiight and Ottawa will gonna want to shed some dollars off.
And I disagree that Murray can`t do a deal. He traded for Kesler which was a big deal. Just because he doesn`t go out and make a big (but bad) deal every year like Habs do, doesn`t mean he can`t do a trade when he sees a good opportunity :)
He potentially had one other team to outbid for Kesler. Going after EK isn't remotely the same. IMO he's out of his element trying to win an auction like that.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
FWIW, based on 45 minutes of scrimmage...Terry is talented, but needs to put on some muscle. Not ready for prime time. Larsson looked cool, poised, cerebral. He made a lot of good but not fancy, defensive plays. Very good at using his stick to tie up pucks and opponents. Even got involved with the rush once and went straight for the net looking for a pass that never arrived. If he's healthy, look for him to contest for a roster spot at camp.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
FWIW, based on 45 minutes of scrimmage...Terry is talented, but needs to put on some muscle. Not ready for prime time. Larsson looked cool, poised, cerebral. He made a lot of good but not fancy, defensive plays. Very good at using his stick to tie up pucks and opponents. Even got involved with the rush once and went straight for the net looking for a pass that never arrived. If he's healthy, look for him to contest for a roster spot at camp.

Yeah, I think he cruises under the radar the way that Lindholm did when he was in the AHL. You're not going to hear about flashy play, because that's just not a facet of his game. I also agree that Terry needs to beef up.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Yeah, I think he cruises under the radar the way that Lindholm did when he was in the AHL. You're not going to hear about flashy play, because that's just not a facet of his game. I also agree that Terry needs to beef up.
My issue with Larsson is he has had a major injury and also that for a top prospect he doesn't dictate the play enough for my liking.

Say what you want about Terry's readiness or need to add weight, the kid dictates the play and has so at every stop. The other things will come but being the driver of the bus for the most part is innate.

Reactions: Kalv and AngelDuck

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
My issue with Larsson is he has had a major injury and also that for a top prospect he doesn't dictate the play enough for my liking.

Say what you want about Terry's readiness or need to add weight, the kid dictates the play and has so at every stop. The other things will come but being the driver of the bus for the most part is innate.
Driving the bus sounds like a leadership thing which would be terrific. It's the kind of evolving leadership change the team needs. But I wouldn't say Hampus or Josh drive the bus and I'd be ecstatic if Larsson became as good as either, which I don't yet think is out of the question.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Driving the bus sounds like a leadership thing which would be terrific. It's the kind of evolving leadership change the team needs. But I wouldn't say Hampus or Josh drive the bus and I'd be ecstatic if Larsson became as good as either, which I don't yet think is out of the question.
Not really a leadership thing, it’s his skill IMO. The puck seems to be glued to his stick at times. Every time I’ve seen Terry he has a knack for being around the puck and making plays with it. He just needs to add the muscle

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Not really a leadership thing, it’s his skill IMO. The puck seems to be glued to his stick at times. Every time I’ve seen Terry he has a knack for being around the puck and making plays with it. He just needs to add the muscle
No argument with that but I do see that as somewhat of an on ice, leadership thing. Come on guys, hop on my back, let's go.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Does everyone think this year the team will be without an enforcer? Last season was the first without one for the second half of the year.
We know how that ended
Boll, Llambas, and Sabourin are all gone

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
Does everyone think this year the team will be without an enforcer? Last season was the first without one for the second half of the year.
We know how that ended

Probably. I don't know who is even out there as a UFA that could serve that role, especially one who could be a pugilist while also playing 8 minutes of decent hockey.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
We know how that ended

Washington didn’t have a designated enforcer and their season worked out pretty well. They had Wilson who can hit like a truck and fight but that’s no different to us having Manson or Ritchie in terms of toughness.

Reactions: Vipers31

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I like Terry over Larsson at this moment. I think Terry is going to be really good.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Terry is more important for our team, he’s a big time need - cost controlled potential scorer. Our D isnt always sexy, besides maybe Montour or Mahura. Guys like Lindholm, Manson, Pettersson all seem to be supper steady and turn into solid pros. I hope the same happens for Larsson

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia

He did that in college. I'll wait for him to do that in a pro environment before I start bumping his stock.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
We know how that ended
I don't see the Ducks signing a specific enforcer this year. That will make us like the majority of teams that no longer carry one. I actually believe that one is more important down in San Diego, since the AHL can get quite "scrappy" at times and we have some high value young players that we do not want injured. I don't see Bob signing one an on NHL contract, but he may be willing to sign one on an AHL contract.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
He did that in college. I'll wait for him to do that in a pro environment before I start bumping his stock.
Larsson hasn't done anything of note in the pros either, so I don't really understand the revelance.

His major knee injury is the big deterrent for me, as was him being passed over by Petersson and welinski on the depth chart due to his uneven play while trying to recover from it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad