2018-19 Tank Tracker (Mod Warning post #724)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
2019:
First
DET second
LV second
SJ second
Third
Fourth
Fifth
CBJ fifth
BUF fifth
Sixth
Seventh

First
Second
LV second
WSH second
Third
SJ third (could be a second)
Fourth
Fifth
Sixth
Seventh

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that is incorrect. We have NYI 2nd from Tatar to Vegas deal, not Vegas'....also, one of the 5th rounders went to Washington with Jensen. As for 2020, we don't have LV 2nd rounder as far as I know. We have their 3rd rounder in 2021 from Tatar deal.

Reactions: Cyborg Yzerberg

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
As good as Larkin has been this year, I don’t expect much from him now that Nyquist is gone. He’s basically the team atm.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that is incorrect. We have NYI 2nd from Tatar to Vegas deal, not Vegas'....also, one of the 5th rounders went to Washington with Jensen. As for 2020, we don't have LV 2nd rounder as far as I know. We have their 3rd rounder in 2021 from Tatar deal.
I believe you are right. At first the Isles 2nd looked realgud, not so much now

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Has Ken Holland embraced a lengthier rebuild? Some juicy quotes from this article (and there are a bunch):

“At the end of the day, to rebuild, going with youth has got to be done through the draft, it has to be done through multiple picks,” Holland said. “Would I like to have acquired more picks? Yeah I’d love to have acquired more picks. But the market place speaks.”

"I guess I was conflicted a little bit because I was hoping coming into this season we could be more competitive than what we are. I think on a night-to-night basis we’ve been competitive enough to be in most hockey games. The games are exciting. We’ve made comebacks. But the reality is when you look at the standings, we are not nearly as competitive as we need to be to compete for a playoff spot. As you work your way to the trade deadline, I felt it was more important to grab more future. That’s the direction we’re going. To go out and re-sign and keep the team together, the team hasn’t been quite good enough."

Asked when the Wings might be in shape to go on a long playoff run, Holland said, “it’s a while. You just have to look around the league and look at the teams. Some teams are really good teams and they haven’t gone on long playoff runs yet, and they’ve been building for a while.

"Hopefully some of these draft picks in the next two-to-three years can be part of that foundation. Then at some point in time we need to either get into the free-agent market to add or you trade some of these young players or some of these futures to acquire somebody when your team gets better and sign that player to a long-term contract. But in the short term, we have to build with lots of assets, lots of young players.

“When you are building through the draft, it’s going to take time,” Holland said. “I’m preaching patience.”

Have we broken Ken Holland? We were talking all about how Holland was aiming messaging at the season ticketholders to keep hope alive and attendance up. Regardless of whether he was doing that before, he's definitely not doing that now.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
I don’t think it has anything with HF posters breaking Ken Holland. I think it has more to do with some people being slower to understand things than others.

Edit— I just reread this and it may seem I was talking about Holland. I wasn’t. I was talking about half the posters here.

Decent outcome from the games last night.

6/9.

Last edited:

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Has Ken Holland embraced a lengthier rebuild? Some juicy quotes from this article (and there are a bunch):

Have we broken Ken Holland? We were talking all about how Holland was aiming messaging at the season ticketholders to keep hope alive and attendance up. Regardless of whether he was doing that before, he's definitely not doing that now.

I think it's pretty obvious he's been rebuilding for a while, despite having signed a few vets or whatever. People always look too much into his comments, his action at the last three trade deadlines and his off seasons make it clear to me he has been rebuilding and not really trying to make the playoffs.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

Hopefully it's him coming to grips with reality. His vet-centric approach has been a spectacular failure. The good news is that it sounds like he's now starting to understand how to be successful in the current NHL. We've got some nice building blocks that will hopefully allow Yzerman to build it the right way and make us competitive again in about 4-5 years.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013

There was also that recent interview where Holland said he wanted to compete for the playoffs next season though.

I see this more as Holland saying he's taking it year by year now. He's getting to a point where he wants the team to become more competitive, but he's letting the season play out to see where they're at. So this time next year, if they're is competitive, I think we'll see Holland either be a buyer to bolster the team or at least stand pat. But if we're in a similar position at this time next year, then he'll do the same thing he's done the last couple years. Sell some expiring contracts for picks.

I actually think we're decently far along the rebuild already. It's just hard to make any concrete predictions/plans because the one piece of the rebuild that hasn't fallen into place yet is the hardest to acquire, stars. But with a home run pick in the coming draft and a star free agent like Karlsson, then this team is 90% of the way there IMO.

Reactions: SirloinUB

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Games yesterday....

NJD vs MTL - win
LAK vs TBL - otl
EDM vs NSH - otl
ANA vs VAN - Van win

Not too shabby. Most of the teams in action got a point or two.
6/9.

Team - Pts - Games - ROW

25. CHI - 61 - 63 - 25
26. EDM - 59 - 62 - 23
27. NJD - 58 - 63 - 24
28. ANA - 57 - 63 - 21
29. DET - 55 - 63 - 21
30. LAK - 53 - 62 - 21
31. OTT - 49- 62 - 22

Tonight's games...
DET vs MTL

OTT vs WSH
LAK vs CAR

4 points out there. Would be nice to have at least one of those teams win. Maybe OTT is hopeless, but LA isn't.

Also, I hope NYI lose every game for the rest of the season.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Early update as shitty teams are shitty teams...

Tonight's games, all loses. 0/4. Not a close game to be found in the bunch.

126/212 = 59%

DET vs MTL
OTT vs WSH
LAK vs CAR

Team - Pts - Games - ROW

25. CHI - 61 - 63 - 25
26. EDM - 59 - 62 - 23 (x2)
27. NJD - 58 - 63 - 24 (x2)
28. ANA - 57 - 63 - 21 (x2)
29. DET - 55 - 64 - 21
30. LAK - 53 - 63 - 21
31. OTT - 49- 63 - 22

Ok, Wings are off for 3 nights. I'm gonna group those nights.

Wednesday 27th
EDM vs TOR
NJD vs CGY
CHI vs ANA

Thursday 28th
EDM vs OTT
LAK
vs DAL

Friday 1st
NJD vs PHI
ANA vs VGK

16 points

On the upside NYI are gonna lose the rest of their games this year and we'll win the lottery with that pick.

Last edited:

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
As bad as we are, Ottawa is in rough the rest of they way, losing 3 top scorers from the worst team in the league as they did. If I didn't dislike them I would feel bad!

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
As bad as we are, Ottawa is in rough the rest of they way, losing 3 top scorers from the worst team in the league as they did. If I didn't dislike them I would feel bad!

I think this Senators team might be the worst-on-paper team in a decade. The Duchene-Turris trade really f***ed them, but at least they're able to scorch the Earth and start over. No team needed to do that more in light of their franchise player leaving than Ottawa.

Reactions: Oddbob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad