2018-19 Tank Tracker (Mod Warning post #724)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
There is no guarantee we will win out. And I just randomly chose a draft pick number, 7. Also, Wings are currently 5th worst, farthest they could fall right now is 8 and that's only if 3 teams jump them (which is unlikely).

Also, no one has ever drafted a good player at #11 or later.
Don't be silly. A team this good will definitely win all remaining games. They're ready to contend for the cup... just aside from the minor mishap that was the 2018-2019 season. But other than that, nothing is stopping them.

Like, really, I think they should trade this year's first for established veteran talent, because the time is now.

Reactions: taliababa

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Don't be silly. A team this good will definitely win all remaining games. They're ready to contend for the cup... just aside from the minor mishap that was the 2018-2019 season. But other than that, nothing is stopping them.

Like, really, I think they should trade this year's first for established veteran talent, because the time is now.

Na, they should trade all their good players and just start the rebuild over.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

Don’t be an asshole

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Alright. Running the lottery simulator one time. Wherever the Wings land I guarantee that's where they will actually pick :sarcasm:

They are picking 6th.

Tankathon | 2019 NHL Draft Order & Lottery Simulator

I was able to get them 1st on the second try. The first try I also got 6th. Twice after I rolled for first I got back to back 3rd OAs.

I did see Buffalo land in 2nd once (yuck)

It once did I see Colorado pick 1st

Not bad

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
There is no guarantee we will win out. And I just randomly chose a draft pick number, 7. Also, Wings are currently 5th worst, farthest they could fall right now is 8 and that's only if 3 teams jump them (which is unlikely).

Also, no one has ever drafted a good player at #11 or later.

nah 9th the Wings have the tiebreaker over the Canucks

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

I wanna see how the lottery turns out first but i'm actually starting to be semi in favor of that

I honestly don't think the Wings will be contenders for the next ~20 years on their current path

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Sorry, I meant for my tone to be a little more jovial than maybe it's coming across.

Non-confrontational advice:

Don’t watch the next two games. Just take a mental break from the team, come back for the lottery. Come back refreshed and ready to talk draft prospects. It’s not worth following things so closely if the results are going to influence your mood in this negative of a fashion.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014

Don't you listen to the posters around here? They have said many times top 3 picks aren't needed and Mantha, AA and Bert will win us Stanley Cups. Plus, we have atleast 4% odds to land us a Kucherov with later picks. What could go wrong with this plan?

I mean for real dude, sometimes rebuilds fail anyway... Why would you want to try something that doesn't have a 110% track record? Did Pittsburgh need to draft a Crosby and Malkin to win a cup? Did Chicago need a 1st OA for Kane and a 3rd OA for Toews? NO, they would have still won with all their later 1st round picks easily. Tampa Bay doesn't need a Hedmen or Stamkos to pull off this dominating season. Top 3 picks are so overrated. It's the 4th+ OAs putting teams over the top. What don't people get here? It is so crystal clear that most of the good teams do not need top 3 picks its not even funny. That is why like 12 guys sit in these threads all day long and try to educate us people informing us of just that. If we land a 7th OA this year, it doesn't matter, the pick will still be a superstar capable of bringing this team to the next level.

Ok, I'm done. Disappearing for a solid 24 hours and ignoring all of my alerts.

Great season guys! So glad we went through all of this just to give us horrible odds of drafting inside the top 5.

Playoff time, lets go Jets and Calgary!

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Non-confrontational advice:

Don’t watch the next two games. Just take a mental break from the team, come back for the lottery. Come back refreshed and ready to talk draft prospects. It’s not worth following things so closely if the results are going to influence your mood in this negative of a fashion.
I actually have not watched the last couple. I didn't watch this one. That's why I'm more trolling than ranting. My true mindset is more resigned than anything else. I have a low-key belief that whatever I want the Wings to do or accomplish, they will do the opposite, so this all makes perfect sense to me.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I actually have not watched the last couple. I didn't watch this one. That's why I'm more trolling than ranting. My true mindset is more resigned than anything else. I have a low-key belief that whatever I want the Wings to do or accomplish, they will do the opposite, so this all makes perfect sense to me.

Well it’s a good thing you love all the expiring veterans and want them to be resigned then...

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Picks 4-8 are going to be such a dice roll on who turns out the best that it’s hard to be upset at the streak. No one is out sucking the Sens, nj has the lottery rabbit foot in Hall. At least we don’t have to be completely embarrassed by this season like kings and Sabres fans.
Don’t you worry about the kings and sabres they’ll be better off than us at the June draft

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
But, I mean, you gotta look on the bright side of life. For instance, you can't draft Podkolzin if he's drafted already!

tenor.gif

plus the Wings can confidently take Broberg like some people say they want to when all of Hughes/Kakko/Podkolzin/Cozens/Dach/Turcotte/Byram/Zegras/Krebs/Boldy are already gone

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
plus the Wings can confidently take Broberg like some people say they want to when all of Hughes/Kakko/Podkolzin/Cozens/Dach/Turcotte/Byram/Zegras/Krebs/Boldy are already gone
Or since it’s so easy to draft a stud player in the 7-10 range we can keep trading back and add more picks while laughing at everyone’s faces and draft Connor mcmichael and drop the mic and leave the arena

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
To put it into other terms, imagine your employer comes to you and say, hey listen, we are trying to sell this company to a competitor so, we need to cut YOUR salary along with everyone else' so we can make this a more attractive offer to them...
This actually happens quite routinely when companies get sold. The company I work for was purchased last year, and there were layoffs both before and after the merger. Life ain't fair, but a front office isn't paid to be fair. They're paid to chase championships.

This, in concept is what you'd be asking players and coaches to do here. And again, when you have have players playing as well as they are now, it's important to give as much positive re-enforcement as possible to better the odds of them performing this well on a consistent basis.
That's great if the most important priorities are players giving each other high fives and the attendance figures on a Tuesday in April. Which fans don't care about.

The team is gonna do what they're gonna do. But I can be a fan however I please, and if that includes locking half my roster in a dungeon to forfeit 38 games in a row and lock up a great draft pick, that's my choice. But from a more realistic standpoint, guys like Larkin and Bertuzzi and and the other kids playing well aren't going to implode because of a handful of games, so this notion of positive reinforcement sounds swell, but isn't the factor you make it out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad