2018-19 Tank Tracker (Mod Warning post #724)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
But they didnt think they'd be this bad either. Maybe in the 10-15 draft range not competing for #1 in lottery.

Oh come on now, you don't really believe this, do you? They moved their captain, who is a top 5 defenseman who adds like almost a PPG pace from the back end, and a forward who has scored 20+ goals and essentially 50+ points every year for the past 4 years; he is also on pace for 37 goals and 70+ points this year.

I know Duchene is a pretty good player, but there is no way they didn't know they were going to be bad this year. There's no way they entered this season thinking that they would be keeping Stone and Duchene. The writing was on the wall when they moved on from Karlsson and Hoffman, even as reasonable as it was.

They didn't even fall in the range where they could get one of the two premier prospects in the draft last year. They completely handicapped their rebuild by accepting a player in Brady Tkachuk over the higher chance of them getting a player who would have been even better than the premier players they missed out on in 2018.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
There's no catching Ottawa in terms of awfulness but WTF Kings?! You made no significant deadline moves and somehow got worse??

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
The good news is that the bottom 6 teams are separating themselves from the pack, and it looks like DET, OTT, LAK, ANA, EDM, NJD are all finishing bottom 6.

The bad news is that even though we are so bad, so are these other 5 teams. I see the Devils as the best of the bunch, and Ottawa is clearly the worst. We are going to be in a battle from 27th-30th for the rest of the year with the other 3. LAK and ANA can't score goals to save their lives. EDM are just a disgrace as an organization at this point, McDavid is wasting away his years in the NHL.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
The good news is that the bottom 6 teams are separating themselves from the pack, and it looks like DET, OTT, LAK, ANA, EDM, NJD are all finishing bottom 6.

The bad news is that even though we are so bad, so are these other 5 teams. I see the Devils as the best of the bunch, and Ottawa is clearly the worst. We are going to be in a battle from 27th-30th for the rest of the year with the other 3. LAK and ANA can't score goals to save their lives. EDM are just a disgrace as an organization at this point, McDavid is wasting away his years in the NHL.
Such a shame they were a game away from the WCF now they have no direction. Peter C is the worst. Has he ever won a trade?

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
WHAT!!!!!! Ottawa was definitely supposed to be this bad! They were consensus pick for worst at the beginning of the season and low and behold here they sit!

I had us pegged for the worst. But with Anderson, ceci, duchene, stone and tkachuk playing day 1. I have no doubt they expected to be better. I mean honestly why would anyone make that duchene deal if they didnt feel that way?

I'm not arguing about if I personally felt they'd be good. I'm saying from an organizational standpoint, they must have felt they'd be better, if they thought they'd be competing for #1 overall they dont make that duchene trade. 100%, dont.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Yes. Some of these teams refuse to get points. 17 seconds left and chi pots last night.

2 games to look at tonight.

Edm vs Ott. At least someone will get some points.

LAK vs dal. La is due.

I think I’ll incorporate record for last 10 games with the next standings update.

Detroit is 2-6-2

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
BONUS POST....

Ok, looked at record for last 10 games. Gonna just look at the bottom 6 that are in the tracker.

NJD - 4 - 6 - 0
EDM - 3 - 5 - 2
ANA - 3 - 7 - 0
OTT - 3 - 7 - 0
DET - 2 - 6 - 2
LAK - 1 - 6 - 3

But if you look at the last 5 games the suck-age of these teams is on full display.

EDM - 2 - 1 - 2
NJD - 2 - 3 - 0
ANA - 1 - 4 - 0
DET - 0 - 4 - 1
LAK - 0 - 4 - 1
OTT - 0 - 5 - 0

If you take the combined last 20 games of those last 4 teams there's been 1 win. 1/20. That my friends, is ugly.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
Don't really know anything about the prospects. Whats their tldr?

First I wanna be clear I'm extremely amateurish at prospects, this is just.my.opinion on what I read.

But I think
1. Hughes-c
2.kakko- wing
3. Cozens-c
4. Krebs-c
5. Dach-c
6. Bryam-d

And the reason I'd be ok with any of them is because I personally feel the talent gap is minimal and all 6 of them of in positions of extreme need for us. I personally feel that 1 and 2 are solidified, but theres always surprises where someone drops(like zadina last year).
But for a team that badly needs a center(4 of the top 6), top tier defense(1 of the top 6) and an elite winger(1 of the top 6). Drafting in that top 6 has been my wish all year, with hughes being the grand prize.

Theres also a couple other centers for the US national development team that seem quite good. But the focus there is on hughes.

Edit:just wanted to say that besides kakko there is a possibility 8 or 9 of your top 10 could potentially be all centers. The draft is that good for centers. Truly a good year to get our 2nd center of the future to slot in behind larkin for the next 10-15 years.

Last edited:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Thankfully, tonight we're guaranteed to get at least something. Edmonton vs Ottawa. The moveable object meets the stoppable force.
It even works out to have Edmonton in their road whites, and Ottawa in their home red sweaters...

e3b.jpg

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think that is a distinct possibility.

May I ask why, not a single professional scout has that order... Kakko is closing is still far from actually happening. For instance we did actually have one voter in the Bobby Mac polls voting Eichel over McDavid half-way through the season. I just point that out because I am confused by those talking about this close narrative. Hughes is still the runaway #1 pick in the industry...

Pretty excited that it looks like we might be able to lock in a top 5 spot. LA probably will pass us down the stretch in my opinion.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Do we want Edmonton to beat Ottawa? I think theres a better shot of us passing Edmonton than Ottawa passing us..... I think we want Edmonton to win?

hoping for OT regardless

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
May I ask why, not a single professional scout has that order... Kakko is closing is still far from actually happening. For instance we did actually have one voter in the Bobby Mac polls voting Eichel over McDavid half-way through the season. I just point that out because I am confused by those talking about this close narrative. Hughes is still the runaway #1 pick in the industry...

Pretty excited that it looks like we might be able to lock in a top 5 spot. LA probably will pass us down the stretch in my opinion.
Depends on whether they view Hughes as actually being a center at the NHL level. If the gap ends up being small, it's possible they might be tempted to go for the potential star power forward instead of the small playmaker. And I'm very excited for a lot of the kids who slot into the top 10 as well.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Do we want Edmonton to beat Ottawa? I think theres a better shot of us passing Edmonton than Ottawa passing us..... I think we want Edmonton to win?

hoping for OT regardless
Yeah, while anything is possible, I think it's more realistic to accept that Ottawa will probably lock up 31st, and hope Detroit lands at 30 or 29, to maximize the ping pong balls (and provide the best 2nd-7th rounders possible).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad