2018-19 Roster

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Here is what I think our roster will look like next year (not what I want it to look like)(given players we currently have, not assuming any trades):

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
Tkachuk-Pageau-Ryan (when Healthy)
Boedker-Smith-Pyatt
Burrows-White-McCormick
Paajarvi

Harpur-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci
Wolanin-Boroweicki
Wideman

Anderson
Condon

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Sign Duclair to take Tkachuk's spot while he stays at BU another year to develop properly.
Convince Kempny/ DeHaan/ Moore to sign by dangling a position beside Karlsson.
Ship out Andersson to Isles

Duclair - Duchene - White
Dzingel - Brown - Stone
Boadker - Pageau - Ryan
Paarvji - Chlapik - Pyatt
McCormick

Kempny - Karlsson
Chabot - Ceci
Boro - Wideman
Harpur

Mrazek
Condon

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Here is what I think our roster will look like next year (not what I want it to look like)(given players we currently have, not assuming any trades):

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
Tkachuk-Pageau-Ryan (when Healthy)
Boedker-Smith-Pyatt
Burrows-White-McCormick
Paajarvi

Harpur-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci
Wolanin-Boroweicki
Wideman

Anderson
Condon

Burrows on the way out via waiver buyout means Paajarvi moves into line 4.

Tkachuk needs more development so someone else will take that spot. Gaborik is still around at this moment and I am not sure the Senators can/will buy him out. He had an injury and was getting treatment/ surgery after the season ended, so I am not certain if a buyout can be done or if he can be put on LTIR.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
What else would it take to put Klefbom into our lineup at the expense of Ceci?

Klefbom - Karlsson
Chabot - UFA/Jaros?
Wolanin/Boro - Wideman
Harpur

crazyroyal12

Aug 21, 2014
Ottawa
What else would it take to put Klefbom into our lineup at the expense of Ceci?

Klefbom - Karlsson
Chabot - UFA/Jaros?
Wolanin/Boro - Wideman
Harpur
Would probably take a prospect or picks with Ceci which is something that is hard to do considering the state of our team. I would think something like Ceci+Batherson gets it done. Just would suck to lose a prospect like Drake when we are trying to stock up on youth. I do think it would be worth it for a guy like Klefbom though. He’s locked up on a solid contract too...

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Boedker-Duchene-Dzingel
Tkachuk-Brown-Stone
Formenton-Pageau-Pyatt
Paajarvi-White-Batherson
McCormick

Wolanin-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci
Harpur-Jaros
Boroweicki
Wideman

Anderson
Condon

Move Smith for 2019 3rd, Ryan for 2020 4th to open up spots. Keep Smith if one of Formenton or Batherson are not ready. Faceoffs.

If White is going to be a centre, then play him there. If he's not, give him to Duchene where he had chemistry last year.

Vets insulate the rookies, but let them play and learn. Chlapik first call up

Play Chabot to his strengths as a puck mover and not be just focused on the RD to move the puck while LD covers. Chabot is the mover of that set.
Jaros should play if he makes the cut. Establish his presence with Harpur.
Wolanin will be a good Methot comparable once he knows EK's habits.

If Smith and Ceci can get back Stone and Bennett or Klefbom then do it.

Yes, we are going to be a low seed next year, but the 1st is a sunk cost now. Move on and develop what we have. IF the EK trade happens, there will be an influx of young talent and potential. Vegas, Wild, maybe even Colorado have nice pieces to offer and are out of conference.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Boedker-Duchene-Dzingel
Tkachuk-Brown-Stone
Formenton-Pageau-Pyatt
Paajarvi-White-Batherson
McCormick

Wolanin-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci
Harpur-Jaros
Boroweicki
Wideman

Anderson
Condon

Move Smith for 2019 3rd, Ryan for 2020 4th to open up spots. Keep Smith if one of Formenton or Batherson are not ready. Faceoffs.

If White is going to be a centre, then play him there. If he's not, give him to Duchene where he had chemistry last year.

Play Chabot to his strengths as a puck mover and not be just focused on the RD to move the puck while LD covers. Chabot is the mover of that set.

Yes, we are going to be a low seed next year, but the 1st is a sunk cost now. Move on and develop what we have. IF the EK trade happens, there will be an influx of young talent and potential. Vegas, Wild, maybe even Colorado have nice pieces to offer and are out of conference.
Terrible

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I think there’s a good chance Formenton makes the team.

He showed for team Canada he plays a pro style game and can play on a grinding line.

A little injection of speed and skill on the 3rd-4th line would be great...especially when you are looking at MSP, Burrows, Gaborik, Pyatt, and maybe Smith. Only semi skilled one there is Smith, and he is the most inconsistent player ever, MSP has little skill but speed.

Gaborik has skill. He just doesn't have the drive or legs or whatever left to be a constant force. But we've seen him score when he's in close, and we've seen him make some nice passes.

If he does end up playing on our bottom lines this year, i'd like to see him get some PP time. He can't carry the puck anymore but he can still make nice quick effective plays with the puck in the offensive zone.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Boedker - Duchene - White
Dzingel - Brown - Stone
Tkatchuk - Pageau - Ryan
Paajarvi - Paul - Pyatt

Could switch Boedker, Dzingel and Ryan to see who fits best where.

I like the Ryan and Pageau connection, they play well together and gives us 3 lines we can roll against anyone.

Keep Tkatchuk for 9 games. If he's not superior to Batherson, Chlapik or Formenton you send him down.

Last edited:

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Boedker - Duchene - White
Dzingel - Brown - Stone
Tkatchuk - Pageau - Ryan
Paajarvi - Paul - Pyatt

Could switch Boedker, Dzingel and Ryan to see who fits best where.

I like the Ryan and Pageau connection, they play well together and gives us 3 lines we can roll against anyone.

Keep Tkatchuk for 9 games. If he's not superior to Batherson, Chlapik or Formenton you send him down.

I'd swap Dzingel and Boedker but other than that I think that'll be the forwards opening night.

KAPOW

has no rispeck
Nov 12, 2008
at home
Boedker-Duchene-Dzingel
Tkachuk-Brown-Stone
Formenton-Pageau-Pyatt
Paajarvi-White-Batherson
McCormick

Wolanin-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci
Harpur-Jaros
Boroweicki
Wideman

Anderson
Condon

surely we will ice 6 (7? not sure about white) rookies

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Not sure Brown vs the like of Malkin, Krejci or other elite 2c is a good recipe for success

At least Pageau can shutdown top players like he did vs Ovi 2 years ago

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Not sure Brown vs the like of Malkin, Krejci or other elite 2c is a good recipe for success

At least Pageau can shutdown top players like he did vs Ovi 2 years ago
And is a beast on the fore check,and can work the boards...Give him some wingers that can help him in this regard but can also finish and he may just have his best season to date

Reactions: Alex1234

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Boedker-Duchene-Dzingel
Tkachuk-Brown-Stone
Formenton-Pageau-Pyatt
Paajarvi-White-Batherson
McCormick

Wolanin-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci
Harpur-Jaros
Boroweicki
Wideman

Anderson
Condon

Patience young grasshopper. A lot of those guys will be first year pro’s. They might need some time in Belleville. Also, I don’t see how playing on the 4th line is good for Batherson when he could get top six minutes in Belleville.

I see White in the top nine. Starting the year as the 4th line centre might be ok, but he really shouldn’t be there long term. Third line is probably fine.

Why do you have Harpur and Jaros ahead of Boro and Wideman?

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Hope White is played as a centre and want to give him someone to build chemistry with. I can see flipping Brown and Pageau, but think the chemistry is better the way it is on the list. Brown should be given the more offensive role
As to the D, I am hoping that Wolanin can be a Methot type of presence. I really liked what I saw last year. Jaros for me will be the big surprise at camp. He’s like a Volchenkov type of role from what I see. Harper on a one-way deal this year has to play. I see Boro in spot starts where physicality is needed. He made too many poor reads last year for full-time. Wideman is a wildcard coming off his injury. If he’s okay I’d think Ceci could be traded for a high pick.
And if Karlsson is actually dealt now that Melnyk has confirmed he’s staying, there could be an entirely new corps to consider. Vegas, Wild have some nice parts.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Hope White is played as a centre and want to give him someone to build chemistry with. I can see flipping Brown and Pageau, but think the chemistry is better the way it is on the list. Brown should be given the more offensive role
As to the D, I am hoping that Wolanin can be a Methot type of presence. I really liked what I saw last year. Jarod for me will be the big surprise at camp. He’s like a Volchenkov type of role from what I see. Harper on a one-way deal this year has to play. I see Borough in sot starts where physicality is needed. He made too many poor reads last year for full-time. Wideman is a wildcard coming off his injury. If he’s okay I’d think Ceci could be traded for a high pick.
And if Karlsson is actually dealt now that Melnyk has confirmed he’s staying, there could be an entirely new corps to consider. Vegas, Wild have some nice parts.

Jarod? Borough? Sideman?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
1. IMO Tkachuk will return to school in the fall.
2. I expect that Formenton & Kelly to be returned to junior & all of the other players selected in this yr's draft to go to school or back to their respective leagues. I don't expect anyone from this draft yr to be in Ottawa in the fall.
3. Still note sure if any of EK, Ryan or Anderson will be part of this team after July 1.

Boedker - Duchene - Stone
Dzingel - Pageau - Ryan
Smith - White - Pyatt
Paajarvi - Paul - McCormick/Rodewald

Chabot - Karlsson
Wolanin - Ceci
Boroweicki - Wideman/Harpur

Ward - Condon/Hogberg

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
"I'm looking forward to, if we can , having a young guy playing on every line" - Boucher

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Is Paul good enough to be an nhl player at this point? That 4th line centre job is likely up for grabs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad