2018-19 Roster

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I doubt Anderson gets moved before he proves he is still a #1.
I also think that we will try and bring in Michael Stone and Calvin De Hann, regardless of what happens with Karlsson.

So assuming Karlsson stays, I will go with:

Boedker-Duchene-Dzingle
Tkchuck-Brown-Stone
Ryan-Pageau-White
MPS-Pyatt-Burrows

De Hann-Karlsson
Chabot-Stone
Boro-Wideman-Wolanin

Anderson
Condon

Smith and Ceci to Calgary for Stone+
Sign De Hann.

Gaborik on LTIR

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Yikes that third line!

I like your plan with not rushing our young guys though. Let them play when they’re ready. If that’s in the fall, great. If not, be patient.

I still think we will see more moves though regardless if Karlsson moves on or not. Maybe we get some cheap free agents on one year deals or trade for guys with one year left on their deals that other teams don’t want. We can get a pick or prospect for doing that. I only advocate that if we’re rebuilding though. We’ll find out soon enough if that’s the case.

The next few weeks should be interesting.

I think we are stuck with and skewered by the Burrows and Gaborik contracts. At least Burrows will be gone by season end. Gaborik is a sunk cost thanks to the poor asset management during the past 5 or so years.

I dream of Gaborik scoring a lot of goals early in the season and then getting traded somewhere for a second or third round pick. Not going to happen though.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I think we are stuck with and skewered by the Burrows and Gaborik contracts. At least Burrows will be gone by season end. Gaborik is a sunk cost thanks to the poor asset management during the past 5 or so years.

I dream of Gaborik scoring a lot of goals early in the season and then getting traded somewhere for a second or third round pick. Not going to happen though.

Gaborik gets bought out this summer, next summer or goes on LTIR at some point. No chance he’s suiting up for us for the next three years.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I doubt Anderson gets moved before he proves he is still a #1.
I also think that we will try and bring in Michael Stone and Calvin De Hann, regardless of what happens with Karlsson.

So assuming Karlsson stays, I will go with:

Boedker-Duchene-Dzingle
Tkchuck-Brown-Stone
Ryan-Pageau-White
MPS-Pyatt-Burrows

De Hann-Karlsson
Chabot-Stone
Boro-Wideman-Wolanin

Anderson
Condon

Smith and Ceci to Calgary for Stone+
Sign De Hann.

Gaborik on LTIR

Smith and Ceci for Stone and Bennett? Smith for Stone and two young guys who could use a change of scenery and a fresh start. I feel like we’d have to add though. If that’s the case, give them Gagne.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Dzingel Duchene Ryan
JVR Brown Stone
Tkachuk White Boedker
Paajarvi Smith Pyatt

Claesson Karlsson
Chabot Jaros
Wolanin Wideman

Varlamov
Condon

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm really hoping that they buy-out, trade or waive some guys, but it's not looking all that promising for next season with this lineup, until they rid themselves of a number of players. Unfortunately, most of these guys are under contract for next season. I would probably move about 15 of them.

Boedker - Duchene - Stone
Dzingel - Pageau - Ryan
Paajarvi - White - Gaborik
McCormick - Smith - Pyatt/Burrows

Chabot - Karlsson
Borowiecki - Ceci
Harpur - Wideman/Sieloff

Anderson - Condon

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
That's like item #8 or 9 down the priority list of things this roster and front office needs.

Nah, it’s pretty high on the list. Brown could be that guy, but I’m guessing he starts in Belleville. I’m sure we will find someone before camp. It just might not be anyone who is that good.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Nah, it’s pretty high on the list. Brown could be that guy, but I’m guessing he starts in Belleville. I’m sure we will find someone before camp. It just might not be anyone who is that good.
We got Brown and Pageau is a perfectly capable as a stop gap, especially if he's playing with Stone. Pageau puts up pretty nice numbers when you stick him with Stone. I don't think Brown is far away. He's either here out of camp or half way through the season.

Our resources are very limited and should be more focused on bringing in better Dmen and goalies. After that's addressed look at a good top 6 forward. Doesn't have to be a C, just the best producer you can find.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
We got Brown and Pageau is a perfectly capable as a stop gap, especially if he's playing with Stone. Pageau puts up pretty nice numbers when you stick him with Stone. I don't think Brown is far away. He's either here out of camp or half way through the season.

Our resources are very limited and should be more focused on bringing in better Dmen and goalies. After that's addressed look at a good top 6 forward. Doesn't have to be a C, just the best producer you can find.

Yeah, I don’t hate it as a short term thing. Ie, no more than one year. If we move Karlsson I doubt we make the playoffs next year anyway, so my feeling is we should try to be competitive, but we’ll likely still miss the playoffs. Let’s just try not to be a bottom 5 team. Maybe we’ll surprise some people.

I guarantee one thing for next year, there won’t be a tank thread.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Yup. If we wanna keep EK we gotta let him know he isn’t the only competent defender or pairing on the team.

People say what they want to but Ceci was eaten alive in puck battles, possession, Corsi, you freaking name it. Either move him down a pairing, give him a hell of a partner or trade him.

We can’t keep status quo. It’s an embarrassment to our team, not just EK.

I think a deal can def work around Smith and Stone. DO IT. And I think we can def get DeHaan for some cash. Do. It.

Our defense would change entirely. DeHaan isn’t even that great but I’d do it.

Heck I’d go with acquiring Stone and signing Hickey.

Chabot-EK
Hickey-Stone
Boro-Wideman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad