2018-19 Roster

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
1. IMO Tkachuk will return to school in the fall.
2. I expect that Formenton & Kelly to be returned to junior & all of the other players selected in this yr's draft to go to school or back to their respective leagues. I don't expect anyone from this draft yr to be in Ottawa in the fall.
3. Still note sure if any of EK, Ryan or Anderson will be part of this team after July 1.

Boedker - Duchene - Stone
Dzingel - Pageau - Ryan
Smith - White - Pyatt
Paajarvi - Paul - McCormick/Rodewald

Chabot - Karlsson
Wolanin - Ceci
Boroweicki - Wideman/Harpur

Ward - Condon/Hogberg

I do not expect Ward to be signed to replace Anderson as Anderson is probably untradeable given his age, contract, salary, and recent season’s performance.

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I'm not convinced Paul is good enough to be anything but a below average AHL player.

I am almost ready to write off Paul as an NHL level player but I would give him a chance to work for a roster spot on the 4th Line and might give him a spot if he plays a physical game consistently without being a defensive liability. Last chance to get on the NHL train!

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Dzingel - Pageau - Ryan
Smith - White - Gaborik
Paajarvi - Paul - Pyatt/McCormick

Chabot - EK???
Wolanin - Ceci
Borowiecki - Wideman/Harpur

Anderson - Condon

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
as for now leftwinglock has this for projected 2018/19 lineup but with so many uncertainties, it's very hard to guess what the season opener's lineup will look like

B. Ryan: Trade rumours with E. Karlsson
M. Gaborik: Not cleared yet form Herniated Disc/Back Injury
E. Karlsson: Trade rumours with B. Ryan
C. Anderson: Rumours are that he has requested a trade out of Ottawa

FORWARDS:
Ryan, Bobby (???) // Duchene, Matt // Stone, Mark
Tkachuk, Brady // Pageau, Jean-Gabriel // Dzingel, Ryan
Boedker, Mikkel // Brown, Logan // White, Colin
Smith, Zack // Pyatt, Tom // Gáborík, Marián (???)
Pääjärvi, Magnus // Paul, Nicholas

DEFENSE:
Chabot, Thomas // Karlsson, Erik (???)
Wolanin, Christian // Ceci, Cody
Borowiecki, Mark // Wideman, Chris
Harpur, Ben

GOALTENDERS:
Anderson, Craig (???)
Condon, Mike

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If Alex Formenton makes the Ottawa Senators and doesnt go back to jr this organization is brain dead. So i expect him to play on the 4th line... Please send him back to London/WJC he needs to learn to score first pp etc.

Brady Tkachuk also doesnt look close to ready for a big player. Needs to develop his goal scoring touch and size/frame. Please send him back to BU or London.

Brown/Batherson both need alot of time in the AHL. If people remember Pageau, Stone, Dzingel and Hoffman all spent time developing in the AHL. This is going to be a terrible team next season. Losing is contagious and bad for young players look at Edmonton. Please for the love of god stop rushing players Ottawa.

Id really like the organization to sign Pius Suter for third line center and get a veteran d man preferably one that can play in a top 4 role (i know not likely).

Dzingel Duchene White
Ryan Pageau Stone
Boedker Suter Gaborik
Paarjvi Smith Pyatt
Paul

Chabot Ceci
Wolanin veteran d man
Boro Wideman
Harpur/englund

Anderson
Condon

Gonna be a long year

Last edited:

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Dzingel - Pageau - Ryan
Smith - White - Gaborik

Chabot - EK???
Wolanin - Ceci

Anderson - Condon

God, that is awful. Not your lines, just the general lineup.

Reactions: NB613

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Dzingel - Pageau - Ryan
Smith - White - Gaborik

Chabot - EK???
Wolanin - Ceci

Anderson - Condon

Agreed. Probably an accurate assessment of the roster. Yuck without Karlsson unless we can get Sergachev from Tampa to replace him.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I think we'll go:

Boedker - Duchene - Dzingel
Smith - Pageau - Stone
Chlapik - Brown - Ryan
Paajarvi - Paul - White
Pyatt

Wolanin - Karlsson*
Chabot - Ceci
Boro - Wideman
Harpur

Anderson
Condon

I think this gives us a good balance. Smith has been good with Pageau and Stone, we should putnthem back together against the other teams top line.

Duchene has played well with Boedker and Dzingel, the Brown line takes favourable matchups but they can create offense.

Then Paul, Paajarvi, White would be a great 4 line that can be responsible and can score as well.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
How do you guys feel about taking on guys with one or maybe two years on their deals to help teams out of cap hell? We take on a player and get a pick or prospect for doing so.

Example? Jori Lehtera in Philly. Man was this guy bad this past year. 8 points all year. 4.7 cap hit. 5 million in salary. Have to think Philly wants to unload him. We’re only committed to him for a year, and he plays well we can flip him at the deadline.

Reactions: bert

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I was dreaming up some line combos today and here's what I came up with:

Boedker-Duchene-Ryan

We know Boedker and Duchene have played together before, and he's one of the few wingers who can match his speed. I think Ryan having quicker guys around him will help him alot.

Smith-Pageau-Stone

This line was amazing in 15-16 and they compliment each other perfectly. They were putting up 1st line level production when they were together, we should try it again.

Dzingel-Brown-Paajarvi

Brown played really well when he had a quicker linemate who could carry the puck for him in Bracco. I think Paajarvi would be a good forechecker and net presence for them.

Not even gonna do the 4th line because it's too embarassing, but I'll say that I genuinely liked what I saw from McCormick in his last call-up and would like to see if he can keep it up.

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
Erik Karlsson (extended) + JG Pageau to Edmonton for Leon Draisaitl + Oscar Klefbom

:edmonton

Rattie - McDavid - Yamamoto
Rieder - RNH - Puljujarvi
Lucic - Pageau - Strome
Khaira - Brodziak - Aberg
Caggiula/Kassian/Slepyshev

Nurse - Karlsson
Sekera - Larsson
Russell - Bouchard
Bear/Benning

Talbot
Koskinen

:sens

Tkachuk - Draisaitl - Stone
Dzingel - Duchene - Ryan
Boedker - White - Gaborik
Paajarvi - Smith - Pyatt
McCormick

Klefbom - Ceci
Chabot - Jaros
Wolanin - Wideman
Boro/Harpur

Anderson
Condon​

Reactions: Xspyrit

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Erik Karlsson (extended) + JG Pageau to Edmonton for Leon Draisaitl + Oscar Klefbom

Lucic - Pageau - Strome

Nurse - Karlsson
Sekera - Larsson
Russell - Bouchard
Bear/Benning

Talbot
Koskinen

Dzingel - Duchene - Ryan
Paajarvi - Smith - Pyatt
McCormick

Klefbom - Ceci
Chabot - Jaros
Wolanin - Wideman
Boro/Harpur

Anderson
Condon​

Key to this is Karlsson accepting a trade to the Oilers and willing to extend with them. Not sure that happens.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Lucic - Pageau - Strome

Nurse - Karlsson
Sekera - Larsson
Russell - Bouchard
Bear/Benning

Talbot
Koskinen

Dzingel - Duchene - Ryan
Paajarvi - Smith - Pyatt
McCormick

Klefbom - Ceci
Chabot - Jaros
Wolanin - Wideman
Boro/Harpur

Anderson
Condon​

I think Edmonton is on EKs no trade list.

Reactions: Icelevel

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
I've always enjoyed discussing potential line-ups. Here's what I project to be our best starting line-up

Boedker - Duchene - White -I really enjoyed the chemistry between Duche and White last year. Hopefully with the addition of Boedker, This can be a solid 2 way 1st line.
Ryan - Pageau - Stone - These 3 have shown in the past they can play together. I know Pageau isn't ideal, but he's our best option as 2C right now. Ryan can also play on his off-wing.
Dzingel - Brown - Pyatt - 2 speedy wingers and a set up man in the middle. I really think Brown has the potential to make the line up this year. He has great vision, great shot and hopefully has put on some mass this off season.
Paajarvi - Smith - McCormick - Apparently if they don't trade Smith they want him to play center. This is a decently tough 4th line and other players from the A, like Paul who I think can make an impact this year can substitute in as the year progresses.

Other players pushing for spots like Chlapik, Batherson, Tkachuk will have the opportunity if injuries happen or if they prove themselves can push someone out of the line up.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Tkatchuk Duchene Boedker
Formenton Brown Batherson
Ryan Pageau Stone
Pyatt White Paajarvi
Chabot Karlsson
Wolanin Ceci
Boro Wideman
Anderson
Condon
I try to trade Dzingle for a Goaler Ex Dzingle+Anserson vs Cam Talbot

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
1) Boedker-Duche-White *Duche has chemistry with both players. Fast line.

2) Dzingel-Brown-Stone *Brown has shown chemistry with Stone last year and now they're living together.
Both have high I.Q, are strong on the puck and defensively sound. Added Dzingel to inject some speed and for check

3) Tkachuk- Pageau-Ryan *The forecheck would be real with BT and Pageau. Hits, puck pursuit and defensively sound. Offense would be created around the net. Ryan BT both great passers. Pageau can score

4) Paajarvi-Smith-Pyatt

Paul,McCormick

IMO this is our most competitive forward roster we can ice now

For defense I would go

Chabot-Karlsson *Both great skaters, shooters and offensively gifted players
Wolanin-Jaros *Put Jaros on the 2nd pairing because he can crush people and Wolanin can pass
Boro-Ceci *Ceci would be effective on the 3rd line. It's where he should be realistically be slotted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clayonator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad