Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Boedker-Duche-White
Dzingel-Brown-Stone
Tkachuk- Pageau-Ryan
Paajarvi-Smith-Pyatt

Paul,McCormick

IMO this is our most competitive forward roster we can ice now

Would be very happy with that, typed those exact combos in my notes while bored not long ago. Posted this in another thread earlier as a possibility too:

Boedker Duchene Ryan
Tkachuk Brown Dzingel
Smith White Stone
Pajaarvi Pageau Pyatt
McCormick

Chabot Karlsson
Wolanin Ceci
Borowiecki Wideman
Harpur

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Would be very happy with that, typed those exact combos in my notes while bored not long ago. Posted this in another thread earlier as a possibility too:

Boedker Duchene Ryan
Tkachuk Brown Dzingel
Smith White Stone
Pajaarvi Pageau Pyatt
McCormick

Chabot Karlsson
Wolanin Ceci
Borowiecki Wideman
Harpur

I don't think Tkachuk and Brown would be able to play in the top 6 together just yet. I feel like their first year in the league they need to be sheltered with both of them playing along side 2 players who have been in the league for a couple years.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
I don't think Tkachuk and Brown would be able to play in the top 6 together just yet. I feel like their first year in the league they need to be sheltered with both of them playing along side 2 players who have been in the league for a couple years.

I’ve considered that possibility, however I also think Brown needs someone tenacious on his line like Brendan Lemieux was for him in Windsor, so he engages. Another option would be Stone, but in the lines I presented it was an attempt to spread out the proven scoring as much as possible, while also factoring in the need for respective compliments of playing style. We both agree Dzingel would he a good fit next to him though, as I feel he may also need a speed guy to optomize line puck possesion.

I’m sure with Boucher we’ll see both scenerios along with every other possible one under the sun period to period haha

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
I’ve considered that possibility, however I also think Brown needs someone tenacious on his line like Brendan Lemieux was for him in Windsor, so he engages. Another option would be Stone, but in the lines I presented it was an attempt to spread out the proven scoring as much as possible, while also factoring in the need for respective compliments of playing style. We both agree Dzingel would he a good fit next to him though, as I feel he may also need a speed guy to optomize line puck possesion.

I’m sure with Boucher we’ll see both scenerios along with every other possible one under the sun period to period haha

You know what I agree with what you're saying, adding someone tenacious to his line. I would consider a Tkachuk-Brown-Dzingel line to start the season. It's a nice mix of speed, grit and skill. If it doesn't work out, put Dzingel on the LW and bring up Stone.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
You know what I agree with what you're saying, adding someone tenacious to his line. I would consider a Tkachuk-Brown-Dzingel line to start the season. It's a nice mix of speed, grit and skill. If it doesn't work out, put Dzingel on the LW and bring up Stone.

Absolutely, some combination of those three wingers around him are ideal I think. Also in terms of White, if he’s gonna be a winger, I’m all for seeing what he can do for an extended period of time next to Duchene again, and I also think it would bode well for him points wise to be a recipient of Duchene’s past chemistry with Boedker.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
I've seen this a few times on HF.. Did someone from the media state this at some point?

I’m curious about that too, if it’s actually confirmed they are part of it, or people just assume they are because it’s Edmonton. Only reason being that if he would be willing to extend there, and could reach an agreement in advance, I would pound the pavement to get Draisaitl in return.

Last edited:

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Absolutely, some combination of those three wingers around him are ideal I think. Also in terms of White, if he’s gonna be a winger, I’m all for seeing what he can do for an extended period of time next to Duchene again, and I also think it would bode well for him points wise to be a recipient of Duchene’s past chemistry with Boedker.

IMO I really want White on Duches RW. I know that line wouldn’t have the start power name but if they played efficiently I think they could be successful

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
IMO I really want White on Duches RW. I know that line wouldn’t have the start power name but if they played efficiently I think they could be successful

I was watching some highlights of his season in Belleville, and the way he appears to see the game and react to it in terms of stick work defensively, and even offensively down low and around the net reminds me of Stone. If a guy has that kind of hockey sense in addition to a good skating stride and puck skills, I don’t see a reason why he couldn’t succeed with Duchene.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
I was watching some highlights of his season in Belleville, and the way he appears to see the game and react to it in terms of stick work defensively, and even offensively down low and around the net reminds me of Stone. If a guy has that kind of hockey sense in addition to a good skating stride and puck skills, I don’t see a reason why he couldn’t succeed with Duchene.

And if I remember correctly Duchene mentioned he liked having him beside him.

Reactions: Clayonator

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
And if I remember correctly Duchene mentioned he liked having him beside him.
Kane apparently wanted to play with him in the WC... He doesn't have the dangles but he is a good player. He is responsible defensively.. so that gets him trusted .. and gives him a leg up on a few of the other rookies. He is smart and can move the puck to the open man quickly... He can read plays and fill the holes at the right time. If he had better one on one skills with the puck he'd be a star.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Kane apparently wanted to play with him in the WC... He doesn't have the dangles but he is a good player.

Ya because he has an awesome engine. He’s the definition of a 2 way guy and it allows skilled players to take more risks

As a line I think Boedker-Duche-White will have an awesome +/-

And when they are on offence they’re going to circle the net like sharks. They’ll score a lot of goals 1-4 feet of the net

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Kane apparently wanted to play with him in the WC... He doesn't have the dangles but he is a good player. He is responsible defensively.. so that gets him trusted .. and gives him a leg up on a few of the other rookies. He is smart and can move the puck to the open man quickly... He can read plays and fill the holes at the right time. If he had better one on one skills with the puck he'd be a star.
Skilled grinder...Kinda like a Macarther??

Reactions: Clayonator

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Out of Camp:

Dzingle-Duchene-White
Tkachuk-Brown-Stone
Boedker-Pageau-Ryan
MPS-Smith-Pyatt

Wolanin-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci
Boro-Wideman

But I don't expect either Brown or Tkachuk to stick around, unless they REALLY excel.

Reactions: aragorn

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
The only reason Karl hasn’t been traded is due to the asking price

Or because the team is waiting to make major personnel decisions (big-3) until ownership issues are settled. It's not just the Karlsson issue. No news on Duchene or Dzingel and Stone's new contract sees him being another UFA next year.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
Or because the team is waiting to make major personnel decisions (big-3) until ownership issues are settled. It's not just the Karlsson issue. No news on Duchene or Dzingel and Stone's new contract sees him being another UFA next year.

If I were any of the big 3, I wouldn't even talk contract extensions until they see how well the team is going to do this year and if the locker room drama has cleared.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
I don't think that's accurate. I think he hasn't been traded because they aren't trying to trade him anymore.

The only reason that would be the case is that he’s given indication he’s open to re signing. Which I sure as hell hope is the case. I’m just not sold on that as of yet though.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
The only reason that would be the case is that he’s given indication he’s open to re signing. Which I sure as hell hope is the case. I’m just not sold on that as of yet though.
let's put it this way. If they knew he would not re-sign, he would already be gone by now. Something is up and everyone knows it.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
let's put it this way. If they knew he would not re-sign, he would already be gone by now. Something is up and everyone knows it.

I don’t necessarily agree, I think Dorion may be overplaying his hand, and attempt to pull off a Sakic type deal when the season is underway. But obviously I’m hoping there’s something to the level of an ownership change or a decision on his part to stay in spite of Melnyk.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Out of Camp:

Dzingle-Duchene-White
Tkachuk-Brown-Stone
Boedker-Pageau-Ryan
MPS-Smith-Pyatt

Wolanin-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci
Boro-Wideman

But I don't expect either Brown or Tkachuk to stick around, unless they REALLY excel.

If both Brown and Tkachuk make the team as top 6 forwards, that would give us a damn solid bottom 6.

PP options could be nice too

PP1
Tkachuk-Duchene-Stone
Chabot-Karlsson

PP2
Dzingel-Brown-Boedker
Wolanin-Ceci/Karlsson(we all know Karlsson will play the full two mins minus maybe the last shift where Ceci comes in)

Or, we could load up PP1
Stone-Brown-Tkachuk
Duchene-Karlsson

Have Stone on the weak side, like has done a fair bit under Boucher, Brown manning the half wall like Spezza used to, Tkachuk screening, and Duchene in the high slot on the far side. Karlsson does Karlsson stuff.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
He's always been willing to re-sign if the Sens pay market value.

So far, they have not been willing to do so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad