2018-19 Roster

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Not sure even Stone can stir that drink. If Brown gets a shot in the top 6 it would be nice to shelter him with two proven linemates.

I guess out of the options available it's not bad.

You’re right. Maybe having someone like Pageau as the 2c would make it a tenacious as f*** line!

Everyone on the line is defensively responsible and honestly I see quite abit of offensive upside to Pageau if given the opportunity. Kids put up hat tricks.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Boedker-Duchene-Ryan
Tkachuk-Brown-Stone
Dzingel-Pageau-White
Gaborik/Pyatt-Chlapik-MPS

And we still have Batherson Formenton and pick 22 coming.

I’m back on board.
Trade smith already.
Sign a veteran dman

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Still a lot of decisions to be made, what happens with Burrows, Wideman, Gaborik, Smith, Anderson & Claesson & EK maybe.

OUTHOUSE

Feb 16, 2008
99 Rideau
Hopefully we can re-sign EK and grab some Dmen in the next few rounds. I like where we are at in the future.

Tkachuk
Brown
White
Batherson
Formenton
Chlapik

JBD

Gustavsson

(players with no NHL experience or very limited NHL experience)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm not sure Tkachuk will play for Ottawa next season it may be better for him to either return to school or play in London if they have his rights. But in a couple of yrs Tkachuk is exactly the kind of player Logan Brown will need to push him & dig out pucks out of the corners & back of the net for him. Tkachuk will do the dirty work & get the puck to Brown who will get it to Batherson on the other side for the score.

Reactions: derriko and Cosmix

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Dzingel - Duchene -Boedker
Tkachuk - Brown - Stone
Formenton White Ryan
Paajarvi - McCormick - Pyatt

Methot - Karlsson
Chabot - Jaros
Wolanin - Wideman

Ward
Condon

Sign Cam Ward 1 year 3.5 million

Trade Smith for a Vet Dmen (Methot)
Waive Burrows McCormick
LTIR or Buyout Gaborik

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I think there’s a good chance Formenton makes the team.

He showed for team Canada he plays a pro style game and can play on a grinding line.

A little injection of speed and skill on the 3rd-4th line would be great...especially when you are looking at MSP, Burrows, Gaborik, Pyatt, and maybe Smith. Only semi skilled one there is Smith, and he is the most inconsistent player ever, MSP has little skill but speed.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Here is what I see:

Boedker - Duchene -Ryan
Dzingel - Pageau - Stone
Burrows - Smith - Gaborik
Paajarvi - McCormick/White - Pyatt

The prospects are probably not yet NHL ready and will need more development time. Let Brown, Batherson, Tkachuk, etc. develop playing against men now in AHL or college.

Buyouts are probably not going to happen (1 at most and that might be Gaborik).

Chabot - Karlsson
Borowiecki - Ceci
Harpur - Wideman (if he signs)
7th Defenseman: Claesson (if he is signed) or Wolanin or Jaros

Anderson
Condon

Not “vastly improved” over last season but PR spin doesn’t do it either. :)

Yikes that third line!

I like your plan with not rushing our young guys though. Let them play when they’re ready. If that’s in the fall, great. If not, be patient.

I still think we will see more moves though regardless if Karlsson moves on or not. Maybe we get some cheap free agents on one year deals or trade for guys with one year left on their deals that other teams don’t want. We can get a pick or prospect for doing that. I only advocate that if we’re rebuilding though. We’ll find out soon enough if that’s the case.

The next few weeks should be interesting.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Tkachuk - Brown - Stone
Formenton White Ryan

Methot - Karlsson
Chabot - Jaros
Wolanin - Wideman

Ward
Condon

Waive Burrows McCormick
LTIR or Buyout Gaborik
While I don't want to rush Tkachuk into the NHL, I like those forward lines. Injecting youth throughout the lineup might just be what we needed.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This team isn’t making the playoffs with Brassard,Hoffman,Phaneuf and Turris gone.

At least Turris was replaced with Duchene. The others were either not replaced yet or downgraded, but having said that, Brassard and Phaneuf are replaceable, particularly Phaneuf.

We're counting on Brown, White, maybe Tkachuk, Wolanin, and Chabot all providing an impact. That kind of thing can happen, Boston saw big performances from rookies Heinen, Debrusk, and McAvoy last year for example.

I wouldn't bet on us making the playoffs, but stranger things have happened.

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
Basically we have two legit top-6 forwards and two proven top-4 defencemen, one of whom might be traded and the other of whom is Cody Ceci. And then our starting goalie wants to be traded.

Anything can happen in sports, but that is not promising.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Lets not forget Belleville. Some of the close prospects can start there and be called up on short notice as needed. I heard a report that said Tkachuk is qualified to play for the B-Sens. If he's close but needs a bit of pro seasoning it could be an option rather than having him go to junior or commit to college where he wouldn't be available all year. Last year they kept some guys after camp but the only option was to return them to juniors so the Belleville option wasn't there. This year I'm not sure how many others are qualified or still waiver exempted to be able to play in Belleville to get some or more pro experience until the Sens can make room for them on the Ottawa roster. Up front of the nearly ready: Chlapik, White, Formenton, Tkachuk, Brown? ..... Who on D:? Wolanin, not sure about Harpur's status, also (Jaros not counting the other B-Sens regulars).......

There is still a lot of roster juggling that will need to take place either through buyouts, trades, potential RFA walkaway (Claesson) and UFA signings before we know the makeup of next years roster.

I have difficulty believing that Dorion and Boucher would want to start the season with almost half a team of rookies and near rookies. Boucher would kill his vets playing them 30+ minute a night (lol).

Maraz

Jan 25, 2015
What do you guys think about Brown comparison to Jeff Carter? Both have silimar ppg stats in OHL.
Is it totally unreal to expect career like this from Brown (with less goals, more assists)?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Tkachuk - Brown - Stone
Formenton White Ryan

Methot - Karlsson
Chabot - Jaros
Wolanin - Wideman

Ward
Condon

Waive Burrows McCormick
LTIR or Buyout Gaborik

emo

Aug 25, 2003
Cap City
Visit site
I'm not saying Tkachuk (or Brown) will make the team in October, but if they did, I'd love to see a young American line. Let them grow and develop chemistry from teh get go. There will be growing pains but there could be long terms payoffs.

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
Boedker-Pageau-Ryan
Tkachuk-Brown-White
MPS-XX-Pyatt
McCormick

And the year after:

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
Tkachuk-Brown-White
Formenton-Pageau-Batherson
Boedker-XX-Pyatt
McCormick

Last edited:

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
If all these young guys look NHL ready then roll with...

Dzingel- Duchene - White
Tkachuk - Brown - Stone
Boadker - Pageau - Ryan/ Batherson
Paarvji - Chlapik - Pyatt/Formenton
McCormick

Get a UFA dman to shore up that defence.

DeHaan/Moore - Karlsson
Chabot - Ceci
Wolanin - Wideman.
Boro.

Ceci on a short leech.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I'm not saying Tkachuk (or Brown) will make the team in October, but if they did, I'd love to see a young American line. Let them grow and develop chemistry from teh get go. There will be growing pains but there could be long terms payoffs.

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
Boedker-Pageau-Ryan
Tkachuk-Brown-White
MPS-XX-Pyatt
McCormick

Am I crazy for thinking this is actually a decent lineup? If we keep Karlsson and get a bounce back year from our goalies, we definitely have a shot at making the playoffs.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Am I crazy for thinking this is actually a decent lineup? If we keep Karlsson and get a bounce back year from our goalies, we definitely have a shot at making the playoffs.
We should have a decent lineup whether Karl is kept or traded.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

that roster only has two legit top 6 players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad