2018-19 Roster

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
You guys really think too many prospects will make the jump and that we will magicallyget rid of all our terrible contracts as if people are just jumping out of their seat to help us out
No the only real ones i can see penciled in to start ,would be White ,Macormick and maybe Chalpik up front...With Chabot,Wolanin,and Harpur on the defense

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Every player born later then 1990 is gone, Karlsson is a 1990 Birthday, he’s the cutoff

Goodbye:

Burrows
Ryan
Gaborik
Pyatt
Borowiecki - 3rd round pick
Z. Smith - 4th round pick
Hoffman - 1st round pick
Condon
Anderson

Keep:

Dzingel -Duchesne - Stone
Chlapik - Pageau / White

Chabot - Karlsson
Wolanin- Ceci

badi

Jan 21, 2008
Just checking why you guys are putting Colin White on the wing on every line up
Was he not drafted as a Center ?

Thx

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
That's the silliest, needlessly debilitating, most unnecessary and arbitrary condition I've seen anyone suggest for the roster in years.

I can't imagine you actually believe this is a good idea.

What's your rebuild idea?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
What's your rebuild idea?

To make player evaluations based on a combination of skill, projected future contributions, and in the case of current roster players who are under-performing vs their contract, the sunk cost of those contracts as it relates to their value and how much it will be worth it to try and rid ourselves of those contracts based on the price we will need to pay to do so... and not an arbitrary birthday cutoff.

Otherwise, we can go in many directions, but that seems to be a good baseline to start from.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
To make player evaluations based on a combination of skill, projected future contributions, and in the case of current roster players who are under-performing vs their contract, the sunk cost of those contracts as it relates to their value and how much it will be worth it to try and rid ourselves of those contracts based on the price we will need to pay to do so... and not an arbitrary birthday cutoff.

Otherwise, we can go in many directions, but that seems to be a good baseline to start from.

Okay great, go back and take a look at the list of pre-1990 birthdays and name me 1 person in that list who will be even at 50% of what they are now in 4 years when the rebuild is done? If you’re a Hoffman fan he’s the only guy, I’m not a Hoffman man.

1990 is an excellent cut off date to rebuild this team. Maybe you’re just jealous ou didn’t think of it?

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Just checking why you guys are putting Colin White on the wing on every line up
Was he not drafted as a Center ?

Thx

Bigger question is why is everyone putting him on the first line? He isn't a first line player, and doesn't have the offensive talent. White's ceiling is nothing more than a bigger Pageau. He is never going to be a 50 point scorer. You don't put 3rd liners on first lines if you want to have some success.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Okay great, go back and take a look at the list of pre-1990 birthdays and name me 1 person in that list who will be even at 50% of what they are now in 4 years when the rebuild is done? If you’re a Hoffman fan he’s the only guy, I’m not a Hoffman man.

1990 is an excellent cut off date to rebuild this team. Maybe you’re just jealous ou didn’t think of it?
Seems more coincidental than causal.

To use a bizarre extreme, if PIT lost their mind and offered Crosby for White, would you say no because he is a 1987 birth?

Good shorthand to help get the Senators out of their current situation, though.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Does anyone know how gold wikstrand is? Apparently the Sens have contacted him after the worlds. Maybe he can come in hand help stabilize the defense?

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
So I guess we're taking Tachuk for your hypothetical team...

Tachuk - Duchene - Dzingel
Ryan - Glass - Stone
White - Brown - Gaborik
McCormick - Chalapik - Pyatt

Chabot - Hamilton
Kleftbom - Ceci
Wolanin - Wideman
Boro

Trade Hoff for Kleft
Karl for Glass, Tuch, Brannstrom, 2019 1st, 2nd
Tuch + JGP + Pit 1st for Hamilton

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
SMH, lots of players come into their prime around 26-28, but yeah, arbitrary age cut off seems like a more rational approach. Lol

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
With hopefully the pick of Zadina with our 4th overall selection in the draft and the injection of some of our other youth talent like Potentially Brown, chlapik, white and so on, how do you think our line up would look next season? Hopefully some players get bought out as well ll

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
So I guess we're taking Tachuk for your hypothetical team...

Tachuk - Duchene - Dzingel
Ryan - Glass - Stone
White - Brown - Gaborik
McCormick - Chalapik - Pyatt

Chabot - Hamilton
Kleftbom - Ceci
Wolanin - Wideman
Boro

Trade Hoff for Kleft
Karl for Glass, Tuch, Brannstrom, 2019 1st, 2nd
Tuch + JGP + Pit 1st for Hamilton
No offense but you made a mess of things. Wrong path, reverse, carry on.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
That's the silliest, needlessly debilitating, most unnecessary and arbitrary condition I've seen anyone suggest for the roster in years.

I can't imagine you actually believe this is a good idea.

In this particular instance in kinda makes sense though, no?

All the guys listed are replaceable and are arguably the overpaid/dead weight on the team (Hoffman isn't, but I also get the logic of moving him if the plan is to re-tool for ~2 years).

I don't see an issue with wanting to move out guys older than Karlsson, it's not like he's talking about moving elite talent just because they're old.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I do not anticipate much change in next year’s roster. There might be one change from the roster shown below. I do not expect any of the top prospects (Chlapik, Brown, Batherson, Jaros, Formenton) to gain a full-time roster spot at the start of the year without further development in the AHL first. Our first round pick at #4 is likely going to return to Junior or college for at least a year.

Forwards:
Hoffman - Duchene - Stone
Dzingel - Pageau - Ryan
Burrows - Smith - Gaborik
Pyatt - McCormick - Paajarvi

Defence:
Chabot - Karlsson
Harpur - Ceci
Borowiecki - Wolanin
One of Claesson/Wideman signed for 7th Defenseman or to take over from Harpur or Wolanin if they cannot handle the NHL level opponents.

Anderson
Condon

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Does anyone know how gold wikstrand is? Apparently the Sens have contacted him after the worlds. Maybe he can come in hand help stabilize the defense?

I do not know; however, if he has matured and developed into a reliable player, he might be able to compete for a roster spot or play in the AHL next year. Or be trade bait.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I do not anticipate much change in next year’s roster. There might be one change from the roster shown below. I do not expect any of the top prospects (Chlapik, Brown, Batherson, Jaros, Formenton) to gain a full-time roster spot at the start of the year without further development in the AHL first. Our first round pick at #4 is likely going to return to Junior or college for at least a year.

Forwards:
Dzingel - Pageau - Ryan

Defence:
Chabot - Karlsson
Harpur - Ceci
Borowiecki - Wolanin
One of Claesson/Wideman signed for 7th Defenseman or to take over from Harpur or Wolanin if they cannot handle the NHL level opponents.

Anderson
Condon

Not enough changes.... More youth more speed required

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Forwards:
Dzingel - Pageau - Ryan

Defence:
Chabot - Karlsson
Harpur - Ceci
Borowiecki - Wolanin

Anderson
Condon

Pretty sure White will crack the roster. I also think Brown will be given an opportunity to prove he belongs before being sent down to the AHL if needed.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Not enough changes.... More youth more speed required

I agree; however the contract situation created by the GM means that this is how the roster looks today and I doubt that more than one or perhaps two meaningful changes will be made. I cannot see the team dumping all or close to all of Smith, Burrows, Gaborik, Ryan, Anderson or Condon.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Forwards:
Dzingel - Pageau - Ryan

Defence:
Chabot - Karlsson
Harpur - Ceci
Borowiecki - Wolanin

That is a horrible lineup. Some of the guys I bolded shouldn't even be in the NHL let alone in the roles you have them placed here. May as well just hand Colorado a lottery pick. The whole third line should be bought out. Man, new ownership and management can't come soon enough

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I don't expect a lot of changes for next season unless there is some serious buyouts/waive older players ... Burrows & Gaborik are the unknowns going into next season & what will happen with them.

Hoffman - Duchene - Dzingel
Ryan - Pageau - Stone
Chlapik - Smith - White/Gaborik ???
Paajarvi - Paul - Pyatt/Burrows???/McCormick

Chabot - EK???
Wolanin - Ceci
Boro - Harpur/Claesson/Wideman???

Anderson - Condon

But I do expect some changes over the next 3 yrs hopefully in the right direction & starting from the bottom up. This would be my lineup within 2 or 3 yrs & would hope that over that time they can add a few more top end talented young players through the draft or through trades. If EK is traded for example I expect an influx of talent coming in return that could usurp some of the players below specifically a top pairing RD.

Tkachuk - Brown - Kravtsov
Chlapik - White - Batherson
Formenton - Paul - Gagne/Luchuk

Chabot - Ceci
Wolanin - Jaros
Lajoie - Harpur/Englund

Gustavsson - Hogberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad