2018-19 Roster

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Although many of my decisions seem unlikely, if I was the general manager, this is how I would form our roster for the 18-19 season based on a 82 million salary cap.

So to start off I would have these players starting in Belleville, but they would have the opportunity to be called up if their performance deserved it:

Brown, Formenton, Batherson, Gustavsson, Wolanin Luchuk Gaborik (force him to retire) and our other Pittsburgh 1st.

This is also based on a 2nd overall pick

I would buy out Bobby Ryan and added 1.5 million to the salary cap in doing so.

I would also be open to trading Hoffman plus the Pittsburgh 1st for a right handed Defenseman, if an appealing option became up.

Roster:

Top 6 = 37.925

Hoffman (5.2) - Tavares (12.0) - White (.925) = 18.125
Dzingel (1.8) - Duchene (9.0) - Stone (9.0) = 19.8

Bottom 6 = 9.175

Svechnikov (.925) - Pageau (3.1) - Chlapik (.925) = 4.95
McCormick (.625) -Pyatt (1.1) - Burrows (2.5) = 4.225

Defense = 23.675

Dehaan (5.0) - Karlsson (12.0) = 17
Chabot (.925) - Ceci (4.0) = 4.925
Claesson (.650) - Boro (1.1) = 1.750

Goalies = 6.6
Anderson
Condon

Total: 78.875

Would be glad to hear your opinions and see some adjustments. If you would fire me please let me know haha.

Also: Zack Smith was traded for a 7th.

Last edited:

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
There's no way Tavares is coming to Ottawa. People need to just put a fork in that now. I also doubt that Pierre will be allowed to take a run at CDH and that Svechnikov roster spot is wishful thinking. I think we either have to run with Pageau as #2C or put Logan Brown in there. Who knows what happens with Karl. This is likely a lottery team.

Reactions: NB613

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
3 quarters of this isn't going to happen because it requires spending money. assume every decision from this point forward is a cost cutting choice and basically fill your lineup with existing players under contract, cheap FA's and probably 2 rookies because our team is afraid to take a chance on young guys after having most of our high-pick prospects from the early 10's pan out poorly.

just an edit for some specifics in my post:

bobby ryan isn't getting bought out. neither is gaborik. it costs money and the biggest takeaway from the Townhalls is that we aren't going to spend any money we don't have to.

Brown is going to be our 2c next season unless he hurts himself in camp or spends all summer rippin beers with the boys back home in stl.

signing dehaan to a $5m contract? no f***ing thank you. he's been injured every season besides 1 he's been in the league for significant amount of time. his career high is also 25 points. he's a relatively replaceable player. don't understand the obsession to ottawa boys.

no one is taking on smith's contract. paying 3.25M for a guy to score ~10 goals and be average defensively isn't going to work for other teams, he's locked in with us.

claesson isn't going to be back, I think the organisation has made that fairly clear. he would have had a contract by now (ben harpur does for gods sake) his position has all but been guaranteed to be filled by wolanin/harpur next season.

ceci - f*** cody ceci, that is all.

karlsson is as good as gone, they brought that narrative in to full effect by saying they will offer him a contract. aka we "tried" guys but he "chose" to leave, just like alfie "wanted" to leave.

congrats to colorado for having the best odds at jack hughes in 2019.

Last edited:
Reactions: NB613

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
There's no way Tavares is coming to Ottawa. People need to just put a fork in that now. I also doubt that Pierre will be allowed to take a run at CDH and that Svechnikov roster spot is wishful thinking. I think we either have to run with Pageau as #2C or put Logan Brown in there. Who knows what happens with Karl. This is likely a lottery team.
I know it seems unlikely but if you show him the money 12 million (which is possible) and sell him on the talent that's here and what has been done in the past. why not? how many other teams that have the talent we do can make him an offer.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
I don't get how EM doesn't realize that you need to spend money to make money. With this roster i'm certain they would sell out every game and the jersey sales would be insane. This imo is a cup contender. Think of all the PO revenue Euge.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
I know it seems unlikely but if you show him the money 12 million (which is possible) and sell him on the talent that's here and what has been done in the past. why not? how many other teams that have the talent we do can make him an offer.
Ottawa is arguably the last place in the entire league that Tavares would sign with. We have literally nothing going for us.

There are other teams closer to contention. There are other teams which don't have idiot ownership. There are other teams with better management and coaching staff. There are other cities with better weather, better taxes, better media, better endorsement deals.

Tavares is not signing here. It's not even worth discussing, end of story.

Reactions: Cosmix

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
that being said; i came off as kind of a pompous asshole here(sorry, i'm more fed up with the sens than i am posters here) so let me give you what i think our roster is realistically next season.

Hoffman - Duchene - White
Dzingel - Brown - Stone
Chlapik(he's probably gonna get sent back to belleville bc Boucher won't play him and PD is trash) - Pageau - Ryan
McCormick/Gaborik - Smith - Pyatt
Burrows

Chabot - Ceci (fck me sideways)
Wolanin - Borowiecki
Harpur - Jaros

this changes depending on who we draft. if it's Dahlin/Svech they are immediately in the lineup - anyone else (even zadina but he's ready) probably is in junior another season.

(congratulations again to jack hughes on becoming a member of the colorado avalanche)

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
that being said; i came off as kind of a pompous ******* here(sorry, i'm more fed up with the sens than i am posters here) so let me give you what i think our roster is realistically next season.

Dzingel - Brown - Stone
Chlapik(he's probably gonna get sent back to belleville bc Boucher won't play him and PD is trash) - Pageau - Ryan
Burrows

Wolanin - Borowiecki
Harpur - Jaros

this changes depending on who we draft. if it's Dahlin/Svech they are immediately in the lineup - anyone else (even zadina but he's ready) probably is in junior another season.

(congratulations again to jack hughes on becoming a member of the colorado avalanche)

This makes no sense, if you think about it. IF we trade EK there is absolutely no way that we won't get a player back who will be in our lineup. Not a chance. At least one player. So we would need to add a Shea Theodore or a Nick Suzuki or Cody Glass to your lineup. Or even all three. :naughty:

Reactions: topshelf15

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

Have to agree in a dream world where we have stable ownership this is well thought out, in reality we are likely not even signing our own superstar top 3 player who is more valuable than JT.

that being said; i came off as kind of a pompous ******* here(sorry, i'm more fed up with the sens than i am posters here) so let me give you what i think our roster is realistically next season.

Dzingel - Brown - Stone
Burrows

Wolanin - Borowiecki
Harpur - Jaros

Similar for me but I would make two changes, it appears we will ship out Ryan with EK and in turn receive very little back and that Burrows will be playing higher in the lineup, pound for pound he is one of the worst players we have ever seen play for the sens but Boucher loves him and plays him all the time. I thought he would come around but have given up, the Oduya situation confirmed it for me.

Last edited:

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
This makes no sense, if you think about it. IF we trade EK there is absolutely no way that we won't get a player back who will be in our lineup. Not a chance. At least one player. So we would need to add a Shea Theodore or a Nick Suzuki or Cody Glass to your lineup. Or even all three. :naughty:
the EK-return completely slipped my mind as i was writing this rage induced post.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Cant see us in the market for a player like JT ,not with all the money we will spending to keep our current core together

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Bobby is overpaid by around $2M, so what's worse, overpaying him by $2M for 4 years or buying him out and having a cap hit of around $1.5M for 8 more years? I'll take the 4 years. Let's not forget that he's still a top 6 forward who would need to be replaced if he's bought out. But, in my little fiction, he's being traded.

That being said, here's my go...with the idea of the team wanting to save dollars in mind.

Hoffman - Duchene - Stone
Dzingel - JGP - Svechnikov
White - Brown - Eriksson
Pyatt - McCormick - Paajarvi
Chlapik

Chabot - EK
Harpur - Ceci
Boro - Wolanin
Claesson

Anderson
Condon

**Smith traded to CGY at the draft for a 4th
**Ryan + Burrows + 2nd in 2020 to VAN for Eriksson
**Wideman not offered a contract
**Gaborik LTIR (PLEASE!!) Bought out if not on LTIR

Flame away at the Eriksson trade, but he's hated to death in Vancouver, and the Sens save $3.75M next year and then $1.25M per year for the other 3 years.

Edit: With that bottom 4 D, it will be a minor miracle if the team doesn't finish bottom 10 in the league, but it is what it is at this point.

Reactions: NB613 and Smeddy

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
So to start off I would have these players starting in Belleville, but they would have the opportunity to be called up if their performance deserved it:

Brown, Formenton, Batherson, Gustavsson, Wolanin Luchuk Gaborik (force him to retire) and our other Pittsburgh 1st.

The player selected with Pittsburgh's pick will most likely be going back to junior. If he doesn't make the big club, a junior eligible player must return to the CHL. Am I wrong?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The player selected with Pittsburgh's pick will most likely be going back to junior. If he doesn't make the big club, a junior eligible player must return to the CHL. Am I wrong?

Depends if he's a CHL player. If he isn't drafted out of the CHL, and is 18 before 15 Sep, he could theoretically go to the AHL. So, i think Brady Tkachuk for example, could sign a contract with us (forgoing his College eligibility) and then get assigned to the AHL. (here's hoping Tkachuk somehow slides into the mid 20s so that we can do that!)

Reactions: Chezzz

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
FORWARDS - Some cuts to be made. Karlsson can be retained if we do.

GIVEN
LW Hoffman, Dzingel
C Duchene (L) Pageau (R)
RW Stone, Pyatt

Prefer NOT (Trade, Buy Out, not resign)
(RW) Ryan, Burrows, Gaborik,
(LW) Smith, Paajarvi

Possible
LW Formenton, McCormick, Chlapik,
C Brown (L) , Batherson (R), Luchuk (L)
RW White, Gagne, Sturtz
Plus 1st Round Svenchnikov (LW) or Zadina (RW) if we are 2 or 3

I could see
Hoffman - Duchene - White/Batherson
Dzingel - Brown - Stone
Formenton - Pageau - Pyatt
Chlapik/Svechnikov - White/Batherson - Chlapik/Zadina
McCormick

Lots of youth to coach up if it happens and they earn it. Definitely 3 years out. But would fans not prefer that to more Burrows and Ryan. I would

Reactions: InDucheWeTrust

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
FORWARDS - Some cuts to be made. Karlsson can be retained if we do.

GIVEN
LW Hoffman, Dzingel
C Duchene (L) Pageau (R)
RW Stone, Pyatt

Prefer NOT (Trade, Buy Out, not resign)
(RW) Ryan, Burrows, Gaborik,
(LW) Smith, Paajarvi

Possible
LW Formenton, McCormick, Chlapik,
C Brown (L) , Batherson (R), Luchuk (L)
RW White, Gagne, Sturtz
Plus 1st Round Svenchnikov (LW) or Zadina (RW) if we are 2 or 3

I could see
Hoffman - Duchene - White/Batherson
Dzingel - Brown - Stone
Formenton - Pageau - Pyatt
Chlapik/Svechnikov - White/Batherson - Chlapik/Zadina
McCormick

Lots of youth to coach up if it happens and they earn it. Definitely 3 years out. But would fans not prefer that to more Burrows and Ryan. I would

That's another Jack Hughes to COL lineup

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Dzingel - Duchene - Stone
Fabbri - Draisaitl - Svechnikov
Chlapik - Pageau - White
Formenton - Paul/UFA - Pyatt
McCormick

Chabot - Ceci
De Haan - Boqvist/Dobson/Bouchard
Wolanin - Boro
Jaros

Holtby
Condon

Karlsson, Hoffman, Ryan and Smith are all traded in this scenario. Not that I want Karlsson or Hoffman gone, would rather keep both. Obviously the D is young and the right side is weak but that'll improve with time.

- Karlsson for Draisaitl + EDM's 1st 2018
- Hoffman for Fabbri + draft pick
- Ryan + mid tier prospect/pick to Vegas or Vancouver
- Trade Anderson + Brown to Washington for Holtby (this is optional/I'm iffy about trading Brown)
- Smith to Calgary or whichever team will take him for a draft pick
- Sign Calvin De Haan as a UFA.
- Buyout Gaborik. Burrows traded, sent to the AHL or fired into the sun...
- Draft Svechnikov and Boqvist/Dobson with out 2 high firsts and then A. Thomas, Olofsson or Bokk with Pitt's 1st.

Also I have no idea whether this team meets Cap floor/limit lol

Last edited:

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Pray we draft Svechnikov/Zadina.
Sign Thornton or Stastny to fill in the 2nd line center spot.
Resign Ceci to a short-term deal.
Resign Stone to a 7-8 year deal.
See if we can trade Smith or Burrows but if not, oh well.

Hoffman-Duchene-Stone
Ryan-Statsny/Thornton-Svech/Zadina
Dzingel-Brown-White
Smith-Pageau-Pyatt

Chabot-Karlsson
Claesson-Ceci
Wolanin-Wideman

Anderson
Condon

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Formenton is not AHL eligible he will be back with the Knights.

As for making the team, players only averaging a PPG in the O are not making the jump to the NHL at 19 (near 18). They still have significant strides to make.

Reactions: Cosmix

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
Lineup is a little optimistic that some of these guys are ready (Chaplik/Brown), but also avoided any unrealistic signings/trades. I've tried to mix the rookies in with some veterans/talent to insulate. Also optimistic in drafting 2nd and taking Svechnikov (who is ready for the NHL imo). You could switch him with Ryan if you don't believe he's ready for first line minutes, but I think he's better insulated with Duchene and Hoffman.

Dumping/trading/buying out Gaborik, Paajavari, and Burrows.

Hoffman - Duchene - Svechnikov
Dzingle - Brown - Stone
Chaplik - Pageau - Ryan
Pyatt/Formenton - Smith - White

Chabot - Karlsson
Harpur - Ceci
Wolanin- Boro/Claessen/Wideman/Jaros

I'd feel pretty good about that lineup. Excited to watch it at the very least. Also have some prospects in the wings.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Formenton is not AHL eligible he will be back with the Knights.

As for making the team, players only averaging a PPG in the O are not making the jump to the NHL at 19 (near 18). They still have significant strides to make.

You may be right about Formenton going back, but that’s an extremely close minded POV... everything is case by case you do not deal in absolutes with regards to the hadling of prospects.

This isn’t a prediction, but I’d like to see:

Hoffman-Duchene-Svechnikov
Dzingel-Brown-Stone
Formenton-Pageau-White
Paajarvi-Chlapik-Pyatt/McCormick

I’m so comfortable with that offence... very Devils like with more punch imo. Just need another addition on D. I still dream we can get DeHaan somehow. Him splitting shifts with Chabot alongside Karlsson should work nicely.

Chabot-Karlsson
DeHaan-Ceci (the locals, lol)
Wolanin-Harpur/Borowiecki/Jaros

CAN THE LOTTERY HAPPEN ALREADY?!? good thing the playoffs are making the wait much less annoying.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Hopefully we have a vastly better team next year. Getting rid of Ryan, Pyatt and Burrows would be good. I would even consider flipping Ryan for another bad contract such as Lucic, Okoposo or Ladd.

If we draft one of Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina or Tkachuck they could all possibly earn a roster spot next year. I would like to see real positions given to some prospects. Logan Browm, Colin White, Filip Chlapik, Nick Paul, Gabriel Gagne, Drake Batherson, Alex Formenton and Aaron Luchuk could all be in serious contention to earn spots. I would also like to see Jaros, Wolanin and Englund get serious looks.

I could see us trading our 2nd first round pick or a package of some prospects for either an established NHL player or a player on the verge of taking a full time spot. Max Domi, Chris Kreider, Wayne Simmonds and Joshua Ho Sang come to mind.

I would also like to see the Sens take a serious look at the free agent market. It is difficult to determine who would sign here. Depending on if a reasonable contract can be signed Kovalchuk, Kabe, Nash, Statsny and Neal would all be good targets. Johnson, Green and Enstrom could be good targets defensively.

I would also like to see us go after a gritty depth forward like Maroon or Rousell and to add a gritty 13th forward live Reaves or Nolan.

We need a lot of things going into next year. We need more skill, more speed, more size, more grit. Give spots to skilled prospects, add some skilled top six forwards or defense via trade or free agency and add some more toughness.

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
You guys really think too many prospects will make the jump and that we will magicallyget rid of all our terrible contracts as if people are just jumping out of their seat to help us out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad