Line Combos: 2018-19 Roster Thread - Perry who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
I would run

Rakell getzlaf silfverberg (comtois if Silf is out)
Comtiois Henrique Kase
Ritchie Steel eaves
Cogs Kesler sherwood
Rowney Gibbons street extra

Send terry and lundstrum down, with steel to follow if he doesn’t look spectacular. Rowney would go in of course.

Lundstrum has been great but I’d rather him get top minutes/focus elsewhere than 4th line minutes

Comtois I would even send down as soon as he starts to slow down, give the minutes to the guys who are bringing the top effort like street and gibbons.

Sit people, even rakell if they look like they are floating out there.

The whole idea is to keep 5 on 5 minutes even distributed but take advantage of our depth by playing with super high intensity.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Caught a Kevin Weekes segment where he listed his top five goalies right now. From 1-5 he lists: Kinkaid, Rinne, Lunqvist, Dubnyk, and Varlamov.

:facepalm:

Without that Dallas team meltdown period, Gibby's stats blow everyone else out of the water.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Caught a Kevin Weekes segment where he listed his top five goalies right now. From 1-5 he lists: Kinkaid, Rinne, Lunqvist, Dubnyk, and Varlamov.

:facepalm:

Lol I saw that. When I heard Kinkaid at #1, I literally fell out of my chair in disbelief

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I like it, but I just highly doubt Rico is going to be moved away from the center position. And honestly I can't blame RC for not wanting to move him to wing. One of our big strengths is going to be that we will have 4 centers that are skilled and can play both sides of the puck.

There is no reason NOT to roll 4 lines this season. Steel/Lundestrom have done fine, whichever one stays up is more than capable of playing 12-14 minutes.

What a huge upgrade over Antoine Vermette

IMO we will see something like this:

Comtois-Getzlaf-Rakell
Silf-Henrique-Kase (could be a real good line)
Cogs-Kesler Sherwood
Ritchie-Steel-Eaves
I wouldnt mind if we are committed to rolling 4 lines and give Steel time on first line of pp. Really solid 4 lines if you ask me.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I don't really put much meaning into Corsi, but an odd little stat I found: Isac Lundestrom is the only player on our team with a CF% at or above 50 percent.
I believe it. When he is out there he does a great job winning pucks and controlling pucks. Doesnt have the magic and creativity of Steel but is very solid in every other regard.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
That`s a good move. Terry obviously needs more time in the AHL and taking on a more responsible role there. I hope soon we will be able to do that with Steel and Lundy too

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I would rather he does. Just to gain that confidence that he can score
I don’t see a lack of confidence in his game at all. He is not dumping pucks in the corner. I see a player who is figuring out how to fight for his space against the best players in the world.

Until he isn’t getting enough ice time, going down is not a need for him

With Terry, he looked more overmatched with and without the puck than Steel does. He’s the guy who needs the confidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad