Line Combos: 2018-19 Roster Thread - Perry who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
"Ryan Getzlaf skated with Isac Lundestrom and Rickard Rakell on his wings during the Ducks’ practice on Friday, which likely means he’ll be in the lineup when they face the Vegas Golden Knights on Saturday..." - per Elliot Teaford

Looks like we could see something like this:

Lundestrom - Getzlaf - Rakell
Comtois - Henrique - Aberg
Cogliano - Kesler - Sherwood
Street - Steel - Gibbons

"Ondrej Kase (concussion), Carter Rowney (upper body) and Jakob Silfverberg (broken finger) didn’t skate with their teammates Friday and it’s unknown when they’ll be sound enough to play again. Patrick Eaves (shoulder) skated on a line with Nick Ritchie and Joseph Blandisi.
But they appeared to be the extras for Saturday’s game." - per Elliot Teaford

Reactions: Exit Dose

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
From what I saw, Aberg is better than Terry right now.

Terry's CF% this season is 34.8. That might be the lowest I've seen.
Aberg played one game and was sent down quickly after because of poor performance.

This has more to do with Terry getting to play a more prominent role than Aberg. Aberg will be gone when The injured players return

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
It definitely has more to do with Terry. I'm just saying that it's justified on a purely hockey-for-hockey basis just because of *how* bad Terry has been. He's been our worst player by a wide margin.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
From what I saw, Aberg is better than Terry right now.

Terry's CF% this season is 34.8. That might be the lowest I've seen.
I'd have to disagree, I didn't see anything from Aberg when he was up the first time. Terry at least demonstrated some skill plays. His troubles are in the physicality department. Too easy to physically knock off the puck.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It definitely has more to do with Terry. I'm just saying that it's justified on a purely hockey-for-hockey basis just because of *how* bad Terry has been. He's been our worst player by a wide margin.
Okay, that’s why he is being sent down. I’m not sure why we need to keep tearing into the kid. He’s not ready, he has talent. We’ll see where he is in a couple months

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
I'd have to disagree, I didn't see anything from Aberg when he was up the first time. Terry at least demonstrated some skill plays. His troubles are in the physicality department. Too easy to physically knock off the puck.

Those are *one* of his problems.

He also reacts slowly to plays and frequently looks lost out there as to what he should be doing. Basically the *only* time he's shown flashes is when he already has the puck and can decide just to try to take on defenders with it. And even then, nothing really comes of those plays because the NHL defenders won't give him a clean shot and he isn't aware enough of the ice to figure out where the pass is.

And he's got the worst hole in his stick I've ever seen from an NHL player. Passes go right through him. Loose pucks along the boards go right through him. All a passing defender has to do is look at him as they skate by and the puck suddenly bounces four feet from him.

I still like him as a prospect in the long run. But right now he's been a huge drag on the lineup.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
Okay, that’s why he is being sent down. I’m not sure why we need to keep tearing into the kid. He’s not ready, he has talent. We’ll see where he is in a couple months

You're not sure why we should discuss how a Ducks player is doing on a message board devoted to talking about the Ducks?

I'm not his PR agent or his mom. I'm gonna call it like I see it.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
You're not sure why we should discuss how a Ducks player is doing on a message board devoted to talking about the Ducks?

I'm not his PR agent or his mom. I'm gonna call it like I see it.
No I’m not sure why we need multiple posts in a row about how bad he is right now. To me it doesn’t really add to the conversation that much

But you have developed an agenda it seems with this player I’ve noticed

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
No I’m not sure why we need multiple posts in a row about how bad he is right now. To me it doesn’t really add to the conversation that much

I made a post. You responded. I made a response to your response.

There is no agenda. I've even gone out of my way every time to say that I like him in the long run as a prospect. You see what you want to see.

When you say "it doesn't add to the conversation" you just mean you, personally, don't like to hear it. When there's a thread labeled "things AngelDuck wants to hear," I promise not to post about this in it.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I made a post. You responded. I made a response to your response.

There is no agenda. I've even gone out of my way every time to say that I like him in the long run as a prospect. You see what you want to see.

When you say "it doesn't add to the conversation" you just mean you, personally, don't like to hear it. When there's a thread labeled "things AngelDuck wants to hear," I promise not to post about this in it.
No, it just really does nothing to keep hammering home that he is the worst player on the team right now. How is that constructive? Lol.

We get it, you don't want him on the team right now...let's move on

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Oct 18, 2011
I

Confirmation bias.

To call him a huge drag is silly, the reality is very few forwards are providing much

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad