Line Combos: 2018-19 Roster Thread - Perry who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
This happens every time we put someone on waivers. Everyone immediately says "He will 100% be claimed"...and 95 times out of 100 they are not. The overvaluing of fringe players on this board always amazes me.

Reactions: Paul4587 and paine

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
This happens every time we put someone on waivers. Everyone immediately says "He will 100% be claimed"...and 95 times out of 100 they are not. The overvaluing of fringe players on this board always amazes me.
Yeah, there was no chance of Street being claimed just because he had a hot start this season - I'd be willing to bet nearly every NHL team has multiple Street's on their AHL team, it isn't all that hard to find veteran AHL players who have been high point producers in the AHL for years. There's usually a reason 30 somethings still haven't stuck at the NHL level.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
You may not know the name... but ryan getzlaf is pretty good in playoffs... im sure people will know his name soon
He’s also a complete ghost in the last 2 games of series. Silfverberg has almost the same stats (14G 25A 39P in 44 games vs 12/34/46)since ‘14-15 while playing on the shutdown line and without players like Perry and Rakell to boost his assist totals. I feel he does more, with less, vs harder circumstances.

Clearly I want Getzlaf on the team, but he’s the opposite of playoff clutch.

Last edited:

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I usually argue against corsi, but since everyone seems to agree that it's concerning how much the Ducks are being outshot with, I don't understand the hate for Cogliano. He's one of the Ducks best corsi players every year, and ranks 3rd on the team so far this year. It's actually the kids that are being totally dominated in shot attempts for/against. Terry, Steel and even Comtois. Surprisingly Silfverberg is down there too.

Not saying that Cogliano has been particulary good, but he's not been any worse than anyone else imo. He's always been a streaky complementary winger. He's never gonna be someone who makes his linemates better. When his line is playing well he will look like his usual self.
He looks slower to me this year. Not slow, he’s still one of our fastest players, but he doesn’t seem to have that ability to get into that extra gear that beat defensemen to the puck in corners and/or pressured them into making mistakes because they had too little time. I hope it’s a nagging injury vs age.

Reactions: Getzmonster

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
DrMpQ6wUwAAezf_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad