2018-19 Roster talk; Part two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
There really nothing to suggest Gordon rates Morin above Hagg.
Except his usage when they were on the team together as well as his comments about haggs inconsistencies again while they were together. I noticed that he has a nonchalant type of playing style at time which could be called lazy. But I don’t think it is laziness. But at times he is really out of position during these plays as well.

Could just be a young player loosing focus. Heck all of them are making mistakes a lot this year.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
16/17 Phantoms:

Morin: 74 games, 16 points, +0, 110 shots
Hagg: 58 games, 15 points, +10, 90 shots

I don't think playing time was significantly different.

The notion that Morin was clearly better than Hagg their last season with the Phantoms is a myth. Just like the notion that Morin blew him away in preseason last year.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
16/17 Phantoms:

Morin: 74 games, 16 points, +0, 110 shots
Hagg: 58 games, 15 points, +10, 90 shots

I don't think playing time was significantly different.

The notion that Morin was clearly better than Hagg their last season with the Phantoms is a myth. Just like the notion that Morin blew him away in preseason last year.

Because being frequently benched and criticized in the press isn't an indication of playing time at all.

Reactions: Adtar02

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don’t know how often you guys look at our players scoring leaders, but I personally hadn’t looked in a little while... and DAMN, I knew Giroux had been keeping up his amazing play from last year, but I didn’t realize how much he’s carrying this teams offense...

42 points so far and 2nd place is Voracek with 28.

Not bad for a non-elite, not incredible, severely declining, overpaid bum, who can’t play C anymore, and was just being carried by Couturier. :sarcasm:

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
The Provorov-Ghost pairing has been exposed and is finished. Provy-Sanheim has been working well. Credit has to be given to Gudas for playing well with Sanheim earlier this season. He could be the "veteran presence " that the club needs on the blue line when he plays like he has this season. Hagg has played better. Ghost-Hagg was a pairing in the A that worked years ago IIRC. Right now that leaves:
Provy-Gudas; Ghost-Hagg; Gudas-AMac/? If Morin returns or Myers is brought up. Have to believe that AMac is not long here anymore. Some team in need of defense will take him; especially if the Flyers subsidize the contract which they easily can do.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The Provorov-Ghost pairing has been exposed and is finished. Provy-Sanheim has been working well. Credit has to be given to Gudas for playing well with Sanheim earlier this season. He could be the "veteran presence " that the club needs on the blue line when he plays like he has this season. Hagg has played better. Ghost-Hagg was a pairing in the A that worked years ago IIRC. Right now that leaves:
Provy-Gudas; Ghost-Hagg; Gudas-AMac/? If Morin returns or Myers is brought up. Have to believe that AMac is not long here anymore. Some team in need of defense will take him; especially if the Flyers subsidize the contract which they easily can do.
:huh:

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
With Provy struggling and TK being on pp2 keeping his points down I wonder how much this will effect their contract. Would be nice to save a few bucks and have Provy back to normal and TK lighting up pp1 (or fix our 2nd unit)

The trade deadline and offseason will/should be interesting. Simmonds should be gone, and any return will be based on his reputation bc he has been a shell of his former self. If any team will take Mac Daddy A Mac at 3 million god bless. Lots of cap space.. Panarin/Karlsson possibly FAs.. Trouba would be someone to go after. Im sure media will link the Flyers to all of them for us to talk about

Once we find out who our new long term coach is gonna be the excitement will ramp up (hope its Q) If our core needs a bit of a shakeup Voracek is the guy you look to move. We have a decent amount of playmakers and could use some guys who can beat a goalie clean

Gudas is another we may be able to part with. Depending on Myers and Morin, which I feel their time is near. But Gudas would have to be a good return as he’s playing very well this year.​

I think it’s a sure bet that whatever the Provy camp was sticking to in talks with hextall will need to come down a bit. I’d say whatever he signed for at this point will be a steal. Same with TK.

Some very interesting times ahead. Simmonds will be dealt. We will be looking at the top class of UFA and a lot them would be amazing to get. I think it’s very likely we get someone, hopefully Panarin.

It seems pretty likely that if Q is available we get him no matter what Gordon does. I like him so far and if he keeps it up he may beat out other lesser known candidates.

I’m really hoping that Morin can play with the flyers this year but I’m not getting my hopes up. Myers should at least be given a look and we should trade Gudas now as we are looking at Myers and Morin on the team next year or maybe another big name brought in. I’d package him and Simmonds for a little synergistic effect.

Reactions: Peacekeeper

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I don’t know how often you guys look at our players scoring leaders, but I personally hadn’t looked in a little while... and DAMN, I knew Giroux had been keeping up his amazing play from last year, but I didn’t realize how much he’s carrying this teams offense...

42 points so far and 2nd place is Voracek with 28.

Not bad for a non-elite, not incredible, severely declining, overpaid bum, who can’t play C anymore, and was just being carried by Couturier. :sarcasm:

Seems like G at LW experiment is over.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Seems like G at LW experiment is over.
It’s especially funny because just a few months ago a certain contrarian was trying to give Hakstol credit for the Giroux to LW move and just couldn’t understand why I said it was a premature move and wasn’t worthy of priase (since Hak didn’t even give Giroux a chance at C when finally healthy). I was told that Giroux had “proven that he couldn’t play at C anymore”, so the move was the right thing to do.

WELL WELL WELL, doesn’t he look foolish? :laugh:

Giroux has proven the lying haters wrong once again.

Reactions: Domino666

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
I think it’s a sure bet that whatever the Provy camp was sticking to in talks with hextall will need to come down a bit. I’d say whatever he signed for at this point will be a steal. Same with TK.

Some very interesting times ahead. Simmonds will be dealt. We will be looking at the top class of UFA and a lot them would be amazing to get. I think it’s very likely we get someone, hopefully Panarin.

It seems pretty likely that if Q is available we get him no matter what Gordon does. I like him so far and if he keeps it up he may beat out other lesser known candidates.

I’m really hoping that Morin can play with the flyers this year but I’m not getting my hopes up. Myers should at least be given a look and we should trade Gudas now as we are looking at Myers and Morin on the team next year or maybe another big name brought in. I’d package him and Simmonds for a little synergistic effect.
If Q comes here I believe Panarin would sign here, I believe that was his biggest reason for saying he would sign back in Chicago, I get butterflies thinking about some kind of Panarin-G-TK line, and finally a skilled LW that we all know can score being fed properly

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
If Q comes here I believe Panarin would sign here, I believe that was his biggest reason for saying he would sign back in Chicago, I get butterflies thinking about some kind of Panarin-G-TK line, and finally a skilled LW that we all know can score being fed properly

That would be beautiful.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
It’s especially funny because just a few months ago a certain contrarian was trying to give Hakstol credit for the Giroux to LW move and just couldn’t understand why I said it was a premature move and wasn’t worthy of priase (since Hak didn’t even give Giroux a chance at C when finally healthy). I was told that Giroux had “proven that he couldn’t play at C anymore”, so the move was the right thing to do.

Well, certain members of this board try to fit every fact into an (ever-changing) narrative.

It's quite clear that Giroux spent multiple seasons suffering from physical ailments.

At his current rate of play, as he now finally has a bonafide elite center on his team, there's no reason to think he can't have another 4-5 years at a near All-Star level and age gracefully in the manner of say, a Steve Yzerman.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Since Couts got hurt for 2 games and they move Giroux back to C:

Giroux 10 points in 9 games
Couts 7 points in 7 games

Seems like both have produced without each other.

Simmonds still needs to be removed from Couts line if they are going against top lines. I would rather Lindblom!

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Panarin would be nice but another defensemen is the bigger need IMO. Trouba should be available in trade and I wonder if they could fit both with the cap. JVR or Voracek might have to be jettisoned to do it though.

Reactions: Hakroach

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Since Couts got hurt for 2 games and they move Giroux back to C:

Giroux 10 points in 9 games
Couts 7 points in 7 games

Seems like both have produced without each other.

Simmonds still needs to be removed from Couts line if they are going against top lines. I would rather Lindblom!
Oh yeah for sure.

I didn’t mean anything against Couts, he’s been great individually too. I was just mocking the narrative that Giroux wasn’t responsible for his own success. Both of them deserve massive amounts of credit for their play. We have two great centers and we need to use them properly by giving them the right tools to work with.

Speaking of which, Simmonds being anywhere other than the 4th line is a massive mistake, just like Lindblom being on the 4th line is a massive waste. He also needs to be off the top PP unit and replaced by either Patrick or JVR (I’d prefer Patrick).

Reactions: The Rage Kage
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1