2018-19 Roster talk; Part two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Znith

Aug 16, 2012
Is Carter Hart going to be the starter going forward?

Not sure if I should drop Cam Talbot and pick him up?

I picked up Hart in my league. Weekly H2H with 4 adds per week, no yearly max. If your league doesn't have a yearly max it is important to jump on young guys ASAP and take a gamble, see what happens. I've done this before with Matt Murray and Hellebuyk (who I then parlayed into trades).

Talbot is pretty much done as a starter in Edmonton. Koskinen is getting the trust of Hitch & the team and will be getting the majority of starts going forward. I'd take a gamble for sure on Hart, and if he struggles then you can drop him and not be much worse off.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
What happens when Elliott/Stolarz are healthy again?
Elliott likely becomes the other guy. But it is unlikely they get healthy at the exact same time so one might get the chance and will have to make use of it. But I think Elliott will get the preference over Stolie.

I know I posted it before, but Elliott was playing very well before he got hurt.

Last 7 games: 1.55 GAA, .944 SV%

Hart's 2 games: 1.50 GAA, .944 SV%

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The time frame that keeps getting repeated is February and he’s been skating with the team lately.
It just makes sense to not play him until after the trade deadline when the roster gets expanded....even if he is ready early. I hope and think they send him down on a conditioning stint to Phantoms. Get some playing time down there to start getting into game shape.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I don't know what pairings really make sense but

Provorov-Sanheim
Morin-Ghost
Hagg-Myers

for next season would be pretty sexy.

or

Provorov-Gudas
Sanheim-Myers
Morin-Gostisbehere

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Phillyfan28

Jun 3, 2013
Don’t think you can pencil Morin anywhere in the top 6. Id imagine best case at this point is to consider him a 7 and make sure your 6 is structured that you can easily plug one out and put Sam in.

Can anyone comment on what the impact of buying out AMAC after the season? Can we take the whole cap charge for the 19-20 season? Would rather keep him another year then push any charge into 20/21.

I’d endorse signing a vet with a specific skill set to complement a Myers for example, rather than just plugging in AMAC with him because he has the most experience among the d men.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Don’t think you can pencil Morin anywhere in the top 6. Id imagine best case at this point is to consider him a 7 and make sure your 6 is structured that you can easily plug one out and put Sam in.

Can anyone comment on what the impact of buying out AMAC after the season? Can we take the whole cap charge for the 19-20 season? Would rather keep him another year then push any charge into 20/21.

I’d endorse signing a vet with a specific skill set to complement a Myers for example, rather than just plugging in AMAC with him because he has the most experience among the d men.
20181221_221330.jpg

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It just makes sense to not play him until after the trade deadline when the roster gets expanded....even if he is ready early. I hope and think they send him down on a conditioning stint to Phantoms. Get some playing time down there to start getting into game shape.
Yeah, I’d be shocked if he jumped straight into the NHL. Let him play a bit down there, see how he looks, then make a decision on whether or not he can come into the NHL lineup.

For all we know, there'll be injuries that open up a spot.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Morin has always been better than Hagg at the AHL level, and Gordon knows this. I suspect he gets a real chance soon.

Realistically a move has to be made, 1-2 of MacDonald/Myers/Gudas/Hagg/Morin won't be here next year.

I'm down for re-signing Folin to be the No. 7.

Reactions: TheKingPin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Morin has always been better than Hagg at the AHL level, and Gordon knows this. I suspect he gets a real chance soon.

Realistically a move has to be made, 1-2 of MacDonald/Myers/Gudas/Hagg/Morin won't be here next year.
Prob Amac and Hagg. If the price is right Gudas could be gone by the deadline.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yeah, I’d be shocked if he jumped straight into the NHL. Let him play a bit down there, see how he looks, then make a decision on whether or not he can come into the NHL lineup.

For all we know, there'll be injuries that open up a spot.
I would not demote him and have him go thru waivers as some team would grab him. But 2 weeks in LV for conditioning and then try and get him some games in March/April. Especially on b2b, get a fresh body in there.

Then hopefully he has a healthy offseason and starts fresh next year.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Jaro Halak has basically stolen the #1 job from Rask in Boston.

We could have had him this summer too.
But the question is: Is he good platoon goalie? You don't want to have someone who has the audacity to think he should be n1 or such. Believe me I have it on good authority.

Reactions: Rebels57

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I would not demote him and have him go thru waivers as some team would grab him. But 2 weeks in LV for conditioning and then try and get him some games in March/April. Especially on b2b, get a fresh body in there.

Then hopefully he has a healthy offseason and starts fresh next year.
Yeah, that’s what I meant.

Conditioning stint, play a few games, and then back to the NHL. By “come into the NHL lineup” I mean into games instead of healthy scratched in the press box.

Reactions: Tripod

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
The Flyers are in a weird position of having "too many" RHD, which includes Ghost who is great on his offside.

Gudas could fetch a nice piece in the trade market.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

I'm down for re-signing Folin to be the No. 7.
Honestly, they all could be here next year and just demote AMac. That gives us a "vet" to come up and down and sit on the bench when a guy gets hurt...which will happen.

Provy Myers
Sanheim Gudas
Morin Ghost
Hagg

AMac
Then Friedman can come up if Gudas is moved.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The Flyers are in a weird position of having "too many" RHD, which includes Ghost who is great on his offside.

Gudas could fetch a nice piece in the trade market.

Uhh..its actually the opposite.

Everyone is a lefty except Gudas and all of the lefties are more effective on the left except for maybe Ghost.

Last edited:

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Huh?

We have 1 RHD in our top 6.

Gudas/Myers/Folin/Friedman

Making logical pairings (for instance, Morin-Gudas doesn't work) when trying to fit in Myers/Morin is pretty difficult if you assume Ghost (and/or Sanheim) play the right side.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Gudas/Myers/Folin/Friedman

Making logical pairings (for instance, Morin-Gudas doesn't work) when trying to fit in Myers/Morin is pretty difficult if you assume Ghost (and/or Sanheim) play the right side.
Nor really.

Provy Ghost
Sanheim Gudas
Morin Myers

Easy.

Reactions: KrazyKat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad