Speculation: 2018-19 Roster Discussion #3 - Not so bad at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
As far as NJ, I wonder if maybe something like Zacha for Fischer makes sense. I wouldn't like that deal, but there are a lot of career comparables between those two players.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I really don't think AZ is on that many trade lists. If I had to guess, most are all of Canada and cold and ****ty American markets (Buffalo, etc).

And a lot of high-dollar guys probably figure AZ isn't going to trade for them anyway. Why "waste" a slot on your list?

Would do Fischer for Zacha. Maybe I'm being mercurial, but he's on the Taylor Pyatt trajectory, imo.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I'm going to predict with trade Fischer for Burakovsky. Not a huge fan of that, but just a guess.

Galchenyuk - Schmaltz - Keller
Burakovsky - Stepan - Hinostroza
Crouse - Dvorak - Garland
Grabner - Richardson - Cousins

So we'd look like this once everyone is healthy. And for the rest of the year, just subtract Schmaltz, bump all the centers up a line, and add Kempe/Weal.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Would be thrilled. His value is probably more in the Zacha territory, imo.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I would like to move away from the "1 subpar season and you're out" mentality for this team. Yea, I act like that, and it's the way of the fan. The way of the front office is to take the longer view. Let's keep Fischer. Let's not trade Keller like we did Domi.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Trade board says that the Caps asked the Habs for Lehkonen in exchange for Burakovsky.
Not exactly a crazy asking price. I like Lehtonen as a project. Hope we are atleast kicking tires.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Just struggling to find a match on our side. I think Fischer is too much but Panik is too little. Maybe if Panik was 5 years younger.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Just struggling to find a match on our side. I think Fischer is too much but Panik is too little. Maybe if Panik was 5 years younger.
Why is Fischer too much? Why is Panik too little. For Washington, Panik could be very valuable for their cup run, and frees up some cap space for next year.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
How is Fischer clearly too much?

Fischer: .27ppg with TOI 13+minutes
Burakovski: .32ppg with TOI 11+minutes

He has a .45ppg average over the past five years with 137 points.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I don't know what's going on with Fischer this year but I still see a lot of potential there. He has the frame to play a physical game, so he's ahead of Burakovsky there. I like his offensive potential. I think it's better to equal to what Burakovsky's can be as he's 3 years younger.

Re: Panik/Burakovsky. Production and cap hits are relatively the same so if you're Washington why not just keep the younger player who you know already fits your system? If they really want Panik just sign him in five months and trade Burakovsky for a better asset.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Burakovski isn't very physical, but he's fast, has better hands, and he's 6'3". I'm not writing off Fischer, or really looking to trade him (he probably has pretty low value), but he's been a no-show far, far too often this year.

Would trade him for Burakovski. He is a top six forward on this team. Fischer is playing there, but hasn't been one of our top six forwards.

Would also probably trade him for Zacha who is the same age, having a remarkably similar season, but PKs well, is mean and has size and can line up at center. Neither is probably a top six forward. Fischer will possibly put up more points, but its not clear to me that he will have a bigger impact.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakey53
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad