Speculation: 2018-19 Roster Discussion #3 - Not so bad at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I think the surgery and recovery is relatively proven science at this point.

I see 6x$6M for Schmaltz. I have no concerns at that term/figure.
I have a problem with both. That is way too much money and way too much term for an above average winger. Anything at 6 mill+ or 6+ years of term, needs to be for a proven 1c/2c, or top pairing D. This is where you make mistakes by over paying and too much term for the easiest position to replace (wingers). If its at a Taylor Hall or above level winger, different story, then you pay it.

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
I have a problem with both. That is way too much money and way too much term for an above average winger. Anything at 6 mill+ or 6+ years of term, needs to be for a proven 1c/2c, or top pairing D. This is where you make mistakes by over paying and too much term for the easiest position to replace (wingers). If its at a Taylor Hall or above level winger, different story, then you pay it.
Because we have so many first and second line wingers.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
A proven 1c or top pairing D comes at price of 8 per year minimum now days.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Keller and Schmatlz paired on the same line are the building blocks of a 5v5 disaster.

Especially with Schmaltz at C.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Keller and Schmatlz paired on the same line are the building blocks of a 5v5 disaster.

Production wise Galchenyuk is actually worst of the three 5 on 5.

Keller and Schmaltz are at least on the fringes of raw top line productivity 5 on 5, in per 60 they are a little more second lineish 5 on 5.

Galchenyuk is lucky to score at 3rd line rates 5 on 5.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Dvorak got what, 4.5 million per for 6 years? Schmaltz will get at least 5.5 per I would say, and justifiably so. He’s got the potential to be a point per game or near point per game player and the chemistry he showed with Kells makes me think that it’s fairly realistic that he reaches that potential in the near future. Dvo and Chych both got paid with some assumed future growth factored in and Schmaltz probably will too. He’ll get somewhere around 5.5-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad