Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Watching PIT/NYR today.

And here's who watched us last night...

So if memory serves, the Coyotes, Wings, Habs, Jackets, Flyers, Kings seem to be watching each other.

And Pittsburgh watched us last night as we take a look at them today.

Kind of funny seeing Sean Burke and Don Maloney on the list. Both still live in Scottsdale I think.

Edit: Wasn't Chris O'Hearn our old AGM? Didn't realize he followed Don to CGY after Chayka canned him.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Watching PIT/NYR today.

And here's who watched us last night...

So if memory serves, the Coyotes, Wings, Habs, Jackets, Flyers, Kings seem to be watching each other.

And Pittsburgh watched us last night as we take a look at them today.

Kind of funny seeing Sean Burke and Don Maloney on the list. Both still live in Scottsdale I think.

Zuccerelo interest? Maybe even Shattenkirk?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Or Rust. We’ve been rumored after Rust. Still think deal based around Goligoski and Rust could benefit both sides.
I like Goligoski for ShattenKirk. Improves our right side dramatically.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I like Goligoski for ShattenKirk. Improves our right side dramatically.
I have trouble seeing a guy who can't play anything but PP as an interesting trade? Most overrated player in NHL

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Having the present choice I take JVR with his contract over Stone and the length and dollars he is likely to get. I think JVR is the better goal scorer and to me goals are more important than assists. Our chances at either unfortunately are very close to zero.
Stone is one of the best defensive first line forwards in the NHL, too. Another important consideration.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Depends what you think about our PP
Considering ours is better than the Rangers and we have at least two better RD than Shattenkirk for a lot less money I think I'd gladly never consider getting him, never mind actually trading for him.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Considering ours is better than the Rangers and we have at least two better RD than Shattenkirk for a lot less money I think I'd gladly never consider getting him, never mind actually trading for him.
Sorry read from wrong line, I still want nothing to do with him.

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
Gonna be a lot of rust to knock off... I hope he can take care of that in Tucson because this team is living on a knife’s edge. There aren’t 10 games here get yourself up to form.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Would the Penguins do Rust for Panik strictly for some future cap relief?
Panik is basically the same player, less sticky, more expensive, expiring contract. Why would they do that?

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I still think with the emergence of Oesterle teams are watching Goose.

The list of teams in the playoffs watching us all could use a player like him. Would not surprise me at all to see him moved.

I’d love to do Goose for Rust. We might need to add something small, but it fits both ways

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Should resign him and boot Goose

I'd be fine with that but I think we need to kick out KConn if we're booting people. Dude's taking up a contract spot to be marginally better than random KHL defensemen. Depending on the day marginally worse. If you look at the Cousins/Hinostroza/Oesterle or even Archibald type acquisitions Chayka can find these value pickups pretty well so we should be able to get another #6/7 to replace KConn who may have more upside. Need to use his spot to find the next hidden gem instead of hoping KConn will repeat a bizzare last February where he was shooting 21% :laugh:

Though we've certainly had some misses in that area as well like Clendenning or McGinn.

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad