Speculation: 2018-19 Roster Discussion #3 - Not so bad at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't know what's going on with Fischer this year but I still see a lot of potential there. He has the frame to play a physical game, so he's ahead of Burakovsky there. I like his offensive potential. I think it's better to equal to what Burakovsky's can be as he's 3 years younger.

Re: Panik/Burakovsky. Production and cap hits are relatively the same so if you're Washington why not just keep the younger player who you know already fits your system? If they really want Panik just sign him in five months and trade Burakovsky for a better asset.
Washington wants to win the cup. Panik could be a good and cheap rental.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Fellas, the last thing we want to do is look at the production from this year and then write guys off because of it. Fischer goes to the net, protects the pucks in the corners, he's a keeper. The reason why so many of our guys are having down years is because of the injuries specifically to the center position.

It's a sophomore slump on steroids for these kids because for the better part of 3 weeks Fischer has been playing with Weal. Yuck! Let's keep Fischer, remember he had 37pts in the 1st year last year and we all thought we'd see increases in production, but let's get healthy and then make the determination on who we want. Rushing to judgement is what we did with Strome/Domi and look how that has turned out.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Panik, Weal, and one of our thirds for Burakovski and Riley Barber (Tucson)

Or with a second instead for Burakovski and Sutter

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Fellas, the last thing we want to do is look at the production from this year and then write guys off because of it.

It's not just his production. He's mostly invisible. He's played with Stepan a lot more than Weal. He's really not working the corners or going to the net all that much. He's certainly capable of doing that.
I already said I probably wouldn't trade him because his value is too low. Might as well ride it out.
But if someone offered Burakovski, I'd do it and take my chances. Probably say yes to Zacha, too. It'd be nice to have a 21 year old big, defensive center to PK and maybe anchor a line with some of our wimpy, perimeter scoring wingers.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I think he was the right guy, right time, right place early. Probably our best GM. Tippett was our best or second best coach. All the same, both did plenty to earn their firings and to justify moving on.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I think he was the right guy, right time, right place early. Probably our best GM. Tippett was our best or second best coach. All the same, both did plenty to earn their firings and to justify moving on.

You know what'd be weird? If we had a GM who could deal with any other GM in the league. First we had Maloney, who only had the Rangers and Flames in his Rolodex, and now we have Chayka, who seems to think that if he and Stan Bowman play two-man-juggle with their rosters long enough, both will have a chance at being good.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
You know what'd be weird? If we had a GM who could deal with any other GM in the league. First we had Maloney, who only had the Rangers and Flames in his Rolodex, and now we have Chayka, who seems to think that if he and Stan Bowman play two-man-juggle with their rosters long enough, both will have a chance at being good.
If the organization started showing too much competency, I'd feel like we were somehow cheating.

I think part of this is Chayka is still an outsider in what is still by and large the old boys' club. He doesn't seem particularly charming either, so I doubt we're going to get many favours. He's going to keep going back to the wells where he has found water.
You saw this with Burke's comments.

Everybody likes to haggle, but if it's a complete grind or starts from somewhere ridiculous, the whole thing feels needlessly tedious like they are wasting your time. Better things to do.
I'd rather spend a few hours negotiating a car deal than spend days or weeks full of hours grinding someone down to save a couple hundred bucks. And if he's treating everything as a grind AND asking the moon, noone is going to bother exploring a deal or negotiating. They'll just pass.

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
TIL we drafted Lucas Lessio two spots ahead of Nikita Kucherov. Damn Maloney and his anti-Russia bias!
I also remember when there were rumors of Yandle to TBL that most people here thought Kucherov would have been an underwhelming return

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
2003 2010 2015 will all go down as key failures of this organization. Heaps and heaps of franchise players out of those drafts and we managed to draft nada

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Holy .. if you guys have a chance see if you can grab the Torts interview in Columbus about Duclaire...

Some of the comments :" I dont think he actually knows how to play"

" this is his 4th team and here is another coach moaning about him... I dont think we are going to spend much time with him"

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Holy .. if you guys have a chance see if you can grab the Torts interview in Columbus about Duclaire...

Some of the comments :" I dont think he actually knows how to play"

" this is his 4th team and here is another coach moaning about him... I dont think we are going to spend much time with him"
Man he is clearly unhappy with Duke right now. That's some pretty blunt stuff.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
and Brandon Gormley 4 spots ahead of Tarasenko.

Tarasenko-Chipchura-Kucherov would've been a helluva a line ;)
That was a weird year, both Gormley and Fowler were predicted to go in the top 5 but both fell out of the top 10. I was so hoping Fowler would make it to the Yotes but unfortunately no dice, instead they got the next best thing (in my mind at the time) in Gormley. It's a bit like Chychrun a couple of years ago except for once that actually worked out for the Yotes.

Reactions: Jakey53

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
As for Fischer I think that we’re going to hear about a hand or wrist injury after the season ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad